Use SSL on Mysql Setup

Hello,

I'm trying to install Prestashop 1.7.6 but during setup I'm stuck at the DB configuration as my DB can only be accessed using SSL. How can I tell Prestashop to use SSL with MySQL and how to specify what key/certificate to use?

Thanks
Anjan

• Like 1

ok, ssl are keys that are by the server. I recommend that you first talk to your hosting provider, so that the ssl is activated before, or if you will have to activate it yourself.

note .. the pages with ssl, are redirects to port 443 and in that step of the redirection it is specified where the keys are located. So for your problem you would first have to activate the ssl, or as I told you, talk to your hosting provider about this topic.

• Like 1

My remote mysql DB enforces "require ssl" for all users connections. But it doesn't seem that prestashop supports mysql secure connections out of the box. I get an "access denied" error in my mysql db logs because prestashop is trying to connect without SSL.

How do I enforce Prestashop to use SSL on MYSQL connections? (not to confused with HTTPS ssl).

• 10 months later...