Mail will not work

John H.

I have tested mail on my email client and webmail and I am able to login and send mail fine but from prestashop 1.7.6 Advanced Parameters -- E-mail

When I send a test mail I get the following error

Error: Please check your configuration

Connection could not be established with host mail.mydomain.com [Permission denied #13]

email Send a test email

I even installed swiftmailer and that did not work either 

you should try first with the setting "Use PHP's mail() function (recommended; works in most cases)" which uses the server's PHP mail; 99% of the cases you already have it configured on your hosted server. For the  SMTP option you need to add the correct credentials given you by your mail hosting.

I am my hosting provider and I have nothing stoping SMTP I even allowed this server to relay thru our mail server and still nothing . I tried everything but prestashop will jot send mail I installed wordpress and it sends emails fine.

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2020 at 1:47 AM, ricardopxl said:

Hi @John H. contact your Hosting provider, and request that you enable your hosting for sending SMTP emails (Review Firewall Settings). Also that corroborate Ports, Host.

I am on a local network and gave the prestashop server a local ip like I did in wordpress but it will NOT send mail I keep getting this error even though everything I entered is corect as I can test using webmail.

Error: Please check your configuration

Connection could not be established with host 10.10.20.105 [Permission denied #13]