Prestashop 1.7 - 404 Error BackOffice

chigz

Hi,

I'm hoping somebody (an angel!!) shed some light onto my issue.

Have been using the backoffice with no changes made when all of sudden we started receiving a 404 Prestashop Error, saying that the page (admin page) can not be found.

I can see that the admin folder is definitely there.

We uploaded a new admin folder thinking maybe the files were corrupted that did not work. For some odd reason Prestashop seems to think that the folder does not exist on the server, when it does. 

What could possibly be causing this problem? Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I think that you could have a problem with .htaccess file in your admin page directory.

I suggest you to check this file. You can try to temporary deleted .htaccess and check if you have an access.

If it will be working you need to correct this file and put it back. Don't use your shop without correct .htaccess in place.

Let us know if that help.

T.

17 hours ago, T400 said:

Hi,

I think that you could have a problem with .htaccess file in your admin page directory.

I suggest you to check this file. You can try to temporary deleted .htaccess and check if you have an access.

If it will be working you need to correct this file and put it back. Don't use your shop without correct .htaccess in place.

Let us know if that help.

T.

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately deleting the .htaccess in the admin page directory did not work. Could there be any other reason why?

Hi,

here are some additional suggestion. I hope there would be helpful.

1. Check permission to your admin folder. Should be something like that:
drwxr-xr-x   9 apache apache   4096 Aug 26 18:37 admin

2. Check error and access log http server. There should be information about 404 problem. Maybe it will identify source of problem (e.g. misconfiguration of your webserver).

3. Try to start you Prestashop in Dev mode by changing configuration in config file:  config/defines.inc.php - (I suppose it is around line number 29 in PS 1.7)

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

change it to:

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

And see if there will be any change with behaviour of your PS.
In addition check logs of your PS in /var/logs

4. Check your environment for any incompatibility with your PS according to guideline:
https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/

Please let us know what you find. 

If there is still a problem pleas provide us more details about your webserwer, Prestashop version, etc.

Good luck

T.