Unable to save changes to products PS 1.7.4.4

PScreator2020

Dear

I'm having big problems our prestashop configuration since a few weeks and have been searching high and low to fix this huge problem. I've looked on many forums and topics of people with simular problems but have yet to find a solution for my problem, hence this is why i create this topic.

The problems have appeared recently and i have no idea what causes them.

MAIN PROBLEM: The general problem is that i can't save changes on +- 800 products in our webshop. When clicking on save after changin price or description or even nothing or ... i get a red message in the top corner that says "unable to apply changes" (as you can see in screenshot 1). In screenshot 2 you can see the AJAX request error from the prestashop debugger. In screenshot 3 you can see the errors from the google chrome console.

PROBLEM PRODUCTS WITH VIDEO: Some of these products (only 20 or so) have a embedded video in the description that is uploaded and hosted on our server (so not a youtube video). When i try to change price or description etc i get the same red message in the top right corner that says "unable to apply changes". BUT, when i delete the video link from the descriptions i can save the the product and make changes to it. The only thing i can't do any more is add a video link back to the description. (Which i was able to in the past, and worked just fine)

EXTRA INFORMATION: We can still add new products and save them correctly. The only thing that isn't saved correctly is the meta title / the meta description and the friendly url. But i can change price, descriptions, images, categorie etc and save those without a problem.

CONCLUSION: I wonder if this is some sort of text formatting issue / html issue / ... ?   Because i've also had problems when trying to save categorie pages with bold text / underlined text in them (i had to remove this formatting in able to save the text/ page in question)

Prestashop version: 1.7.4.4

I would grately appreciate if someone can finally help me solve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Screenshot 1:

1052716152_Screenshot1unabletoupdatesettings.PNG.2594c444b8b884093e9625b89366d23a.PNG

Screenshot 2:

2045440555_Screenshot3prestshopdebug.PNG.5477c852ac04d97b9bafd0cab4a2dac9.PNG

Screenshot 3:

1818309005_Screenshot2chromeinspectormessage.PNG.55f735293f164e30a6aac4382b3aae7d.PNG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you're still having this issue test by trying to edit a product description by editing the source code within the existing tags (eg p tags), then save and see if the page has retained those changes. It may narrow down the problem.

Hello,
already faced a little similar issue coming from formatted text in products description that broke the listing theme.

If that can helps, and as said Jetx :
-
try to remove all html formated tags (no <strong>, no link <a href="">, no italic <i>, etc..) by cliking on the "<>" (code source) while editing the description on products page.
- Don't copy/paste texts (from another text editor for example) in description or verify it doesn't copy formatted html tags.
- For the SEO part, maybe try to "save and go back to catalog" a first time, then try again to fill fields.
- for videos : make sure you enabled in Shop Parameters > General > "Allow iframes on HTML fields"

Edited by Mag-WebDesign (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hello, I'm facing the exact same problem. It seems that description of product can't have any style applied.

If I just want to set a text with some inline css like <span style="color:red;">Example</span>. It becomes impossible to save changes.

Has anyone solved this please ?

Thanks a lot

Hello,
1/ yes you should avoid all formatted text, to see if first, you can click to save your product page.

2/ If it works, than try again to come back to the product page and add formatted text ONLY with the settings proposed with the text editor, not with adding some css, then see if you can click and save your product page.

Can you tell us the behavior behind those two tests please ?
Best Regards