[solved] Mail language problem 1.7.6.0

Bob van der Valk

Hello,

I have a problem with languages in PS 1.7.6.0

I installed PS with the Polish language and Polish is my default language of the shop.
One administrator works in Polish while I am setting up the shop as an English language admin.

The shop works fine in Polish but the order confirmation mail is sent in English, not in Polish.

When I go in Admin to International / translations and select Polish, only the subject part is translated into Polish, not the body part.

All Polish translations in the MAILS/PL/ section are in English when I login as an English admin or as a Polish admin.
There is a blue message.  For the account mail: "No Subject was found for account in the database".

I am using the classic theme.

Can somebody tell me what is wrong?  Why are these mails in English?

Edited by Bob van der Valk (see edit history)

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Found this bug in PS 1.7.5.2 & PS 1.7.6.0:

Related to the post. No mail templates in the new language installed.

If anyone in the future will have this problem with the translation emails, after the translation is made automatically by prestashop, they can find them in << translations >> folder in the << root >> folder in form of a zip file. unzip and copy the core txt and html files in your theme folder in mails. the second folder will have the modules you have installed or by default on ps. copy them and paste them in there folders in your wanted translation folder. if the translation folder not exists, make it (ex: fr / ex: de) . after you do this, go to root/controllers/admin/ and look for AdminTranslationsController.php Open the file and find << function redirect($save_and_stay >> in the second elseif, were is ($save_and_stay) change '&theme=' with '&selected-theme='; and save the file. The save is global on the files that are opened and it will stay on page and you will now have all the translations for the new language for the emails, newsletters and so on.

Edited by Dinu Tiberiu (see edit history)
  • Confused 1