None of my products are being indexed

flormolla

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to fix something critical on our store as none of the products URLs are being index by Google. 

I have tested the URL on Google search console and apparently the problem is that  'noindex' tag is detected in 'robots' meta tag, but it is not true, because when looking at the code source the tag index is showing. https://orion91.com/hoverboards/6093-hoverboard-evo-65-azul-con-bluetooth-y-altavoz.html

I have also checked our robots.txt trying to understand if there is any parameters to be consider but nothing wrong there either: https://orion91.com/robots.txt

Can anyone shed some light around here?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 15.34.45.png

Hello mate,

As per my opinion there several reasons that you product URL has indexing issues -

1) In above screenshot 'robots' meta tag has index attribute but not included follow attribute.

2) Product URLs should be submitted to Google Search Console.

3) All of your website's URLs should be on sitemap.

4) Please check robots.txt file once that products URLs should not be disallowed through Google Bot.

Thanks!!!!

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to this.  

Apparently, products were set up with tag "noindex" when they launched the store (sep 2018) and the tags were fixed to "index" 5 months ago (sep 2019), so it is taking a lot of time for Google to extend their crawling budget for our website and indexing products URLs. 

In any case,  I appreciate you comments, but I have some questions:

1) In above screenshot 'robots' meta tag has index attribute but not included follow attribute.

How can i set up  the attribute content="index,follow">? In there any plugin in Presta to do so? or manually with devs team? If you could advise us here, it would be much appreciate. 

We are doing this now and we are seeing results already. We are submitting for indexation categories and subcategories in order to make the task less tedious and due to the internal linking it seems that products are being index as well. Thanks!

I am confident that this is already set up, however, is there any module or plugin that we could set up to make sure this is happening? I have realised that product images are not being indexed either. 

4) Please check robots.txt file once that products URLs should not be disallowed through Google Bot.

This is done. No issues here. 

Thanks a lot CedCommerce Team. ;)

On 2/7/2020 at 12:53 PM, flormolla said:

How can i set up  the attribute content="index,follow">? In there any plugin in Presta to do so? or manually with devs team? If you could advise us here, it would be much appreciate. 

Guess this is not required anymore, see e.g. https://yoast.com/robots-meta-tags/

On 2/7/2020 at 12:53 PM, flormolla said:

I am confident that this is already set up, however, is there any module or plugin that we could set up to make sure this is happening? I have realised that product images are not being indexed either. 

There is a free Presta Standard module "Google Sitemap" which is already included in latest version but can be found in the module catalog as well

2 hours ago, JBW said:

Guess this is not required anymore, see e.g. https://yoast.com/robots-meta-tags/

There is a free Presta Standard module "Google Sitemap" which is already included in latest version but can be found in the module catalog as well

Thanks for the response! We are using the Google Sitemaps module but image URL are still no index for some reason 🤷‍♀️

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 5:23 PM, flormolla said:

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to this.  

Apparently, products were set up with tag "noindex" when they launched the store (sep 2018) and the tags were fixed to "index" 5 months ago (sep 2019), so it is taking a lot of time for Google to extend their crawling budget for our website and indexing products URLs. 

In any case,  I appreciate you comments, but I have some questions:

We are doing this now and we are seeing results already. We are submitting for indexation categories and subcategories in order to make the task less tedious and due to the internal linking it seems that products are being index as well. Thanks!

This is done. No issues here. 

Thanks a lot CedCommerce Team. ;)

Hello,

Please send us your back office details so that we can analyse the issue.

Thanks!