[Free module] Prestashop 1.6 modern breadcrumb (data-vocabulary.org schema fix)

Daresh

Thanks.

2 problems :

• in .php : ltrim to avoid the space in content=" aaaa"
    'title' => ltrim($lastItem), ltrim($link->nodeValue),
  • showing 5 items in source code (position 5) but I need only 4 items to display ... the 5th sets just the link (no content no name) and it is the same link as the 4th element.

Hi Daresh, thank you for the module. I'm not a coder and I see all kinds of different 'breadcrumps'.

I installed your module, but in my breadcrumb file I do not know where exactly I need to override the code and insert your hook.

This is my breadcrumb code at the moment:

<!-- Breadcrumb -->
{if isset($smarty.capture.path)}{assign var='path' value=$smarty.capture.path}{/if}
<div class="breadcrumb clearfix">
	<a class="home" href="{if isset($force_ssl) && $force_ssl}{$base_dir_ssl}{else}{$base_dir}{/if}" title="{l s='Return to Home'}"><i class="icon-home"></i></a>
	{if isset($path) AND $path}
		<span class="navigation-pipe"{if isset($category) && isset($category->id_category) && $category->id_category == (int)Configuration::get('PS_ROOT_CATEGORY')} style="display:none;"{/if}>{$navigationPipe|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</span>
		{if $path|strpos:'span' !== false}
			<span class="navigation_page">{$path|@replace:'<a ': '
				<span itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb">
					<a itemprop="url" '|@replace:'data-gg="">': '>
						<span itemprop="title">'|@replace:'</a>': '</span>
					</a>
				</span>'}
			</span>
		{else}
			{$path}
		{/if}
	{/if}
</div>
{if isset($smarty.get.search_query) && isset($smarty.get.results) && $smarty.get.results > 1 && isset($smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER)}
<div class="pull-right">
	<strong>
		{capture}{if isset($smarty.get.HTTP_REFERER) && $smarty.get.HTTP_REFERER}{$smarty.get.HTTP_REFERER}{elseif isset($smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER) && $smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER}{$smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER}{/if}{/capture}
		<a href="{$smarty.capture.default|escape:'html':'UTF-8'|secureReferrer|regex_replace:'/[\?|&]content_only=1/':''}" name="back">
			<i class="icon-chevron-left left"></i> {l s='Back to Search results for "%s" (%d other results)' sprintf=[$smarty.get.search_query,$smarty.get.results]}
		</a>
	</strong>
</div>
{/if}
<!-- /Breadcrumb -->

Can you please tell me what code I need to replace with your hook? Thank you so much.

Ellen

Ok, a very stupid "solution" to the issue that never pops up into my mind I'm posting just for other newbies like me: refresh the cache FROM BACKOFFICE after applying the changes to the code...any other newbie mean won't work :)

Now Google is validating the changes, assessing whether they're effective or not. It says it will take some days for it.

I'll keep you updated.

@Daresh thank you for your prompt support! Very appreciated!

Edited by JRCFirewalker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi Daresh,

I probed you module and it looks to work fine now.(I did it before but replacing complete code on the template...

Just two questions, when reviewing goggle results after module and refreshing cache, I see that there are some field (optional) but missing like :

Brand, review SBN, url and availability. How can I do to show these info?

example: https://www.delica-te-zen.com/comprar-te-rojo/146-te-pu-erh-mango-maracuya.html

Second question, is more about cosmetic issue, but since place the hook the icon for root (Home) disappears from breadcrumb in the top, do you expect implement to show the home location?

Thanks

I'm with your module, but I still have errors .

Tnx.

<!-- Breadcrumb -->
{if isset($smarty.capture.path)}{assign var='path' value=$smarty.capture.path}{/if}
  {hook h='displayModernBreadCrumb' path=$path}
{if isset($smarty.get.search_query) && isset($smarty.get.results) && $smarty.get.results > 1 && isset($smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER)}
<div class="pull-right">
    <strong>
        {capture}{if isset($smarty.get.HTTP_REFERER) && $smarty.get.HTTP_REFERER}{$smarty.get.HTTP_REFERER}{elseif isset($smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER) && $smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER}{$smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER}{/if}{/capture}
        <a href="{$smarty.capture.default|escape:'html':'UTF-8'|secureReferrer|regex_replace:'/[\?|&]content_only=1/':''}" name="back">
            <i class="icon-chevron-left left"></i> {l s='Back to Search results for "%s" (%d other results)' sprintf=[$smarty.get.search_query,$smarty.get.results]}
        </a>
    </strong>
</div>
{/if}
<!-- /Breadcrumb -->

Screenshot_2020-01-22 Инструмент за тестване на структурирани данни.png

Great module, thank for sharing. Works btw as well for 1.5.6, so there is thus no need to limit the usage to minimum 1.6.

But there is a difference: Neither in 1.6 nor in 1.5 the last path item shows up like before with your module installed. Where is the adjusting screw to fix this little mistake? ;)

Edited by Wuschel (see edit history)

Who cares for 1.5? ;)

But it's simple, if you don't want the last item to be linked, you can change the foreach loop in the module's tpl file to this:

{foreach from=$breadcrumbLinks item=breadcrumbLink}
        <span itemprop="itemListElement" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/ListItem">
            {if !$breadcrumbLink.last}
                <a itemprop="item" href="{$breadcrumbLink.href}" title="{$breadcrumbLink.title}">
                    {$breadcrumbLink.title}
                </a>
                <span class="navigation-pipe">{$navigationPipe}</span>
            {else}
                {$breadcrumbLink.title}
            {/if}
            <meta itemprop="position" content="{$breadcrumbLink.position}">
            <meta itemprop="name" content="{$breadcrumbLink.title}">
        </span>
    {/foreach}

Seems it's still correctly validated by the snippets testing tool.

13 hours ago, Daresh said:

If you don't want the last item to be linked, you execute the hook like this: {hook h='displayModernBreadCrumb' path=$path} (according to Google's specs the last item is not required to be a link)

Thank you again, I really appreciate this. I'll check it out tomorrow. It's just that in my opinion the navigation of a shop system should first and foremost serve the customer - and not Google.

Edited by Wuschel (see edit history)

I don't understand, where to insert that hook...

If you want the last item to be linked, you execute the hook like this: {hook h='displayModernBreadCrumb' path=$path linkLast=true}

If you don't want the last item to be linked, you execute the hook like this: {hook h='displayModernBreadCrumb' path=$path} (according to Google's specs the last item is not required to be a link)

Edited by Claudiocool (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Claudiocool said:

I don't understand, where to insert that hook...

If you want the last item to be linked, you execute the hook like this: {hook h='displayModernBreadCrumb' path=$path linkLast=true}

If you don't want the last item to be linked, you execute the hook like this: {hook h='displayModernBreadCrumb' path=$path} (according to Google's specs the last item is not required to be a link)

Add the hook in the breadcrumb.tpl file of your theme (/themes/your_theme/breadcrumb.tpl)

Like this: 

breadcrumbs_hook.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NSN said:

@Daresh Thanks a lot for your work and the module. It's maybe a stupid question, but if an older version of your module is already installed and I want to update, can the new version simply be uploaded or should the old one be removed first?

Just upload the new module.

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much for this nice module !

However I see always errors on my host server :

[Fri Jan 24 15:51:43.336228 2020] [:error] [pid 166526:tid 140510819755776] [client 66.249.64.228:55532] FastCGI:
server "/home/clients/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/.config/apache/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx.ch/.fpm/php5.external"
stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning:  DOMDocument::loadHTML():
Empty string supplied as input in /home/clients/8xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx.ch/httpdocs/modules/gmbreadcrumb/gmbreadcrumb.php on line 48

[Fri Jan 24 15:47:44.904573 2020] [:error] [pid 158947:tid 140510735828736] [client 66.249.64.228:36586] FastCGI:
server "/home/clients/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/.config/apache/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx.ch/.fpm/php5.external"
stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning:  DOMDocument::loadHTML():
Empty string supplied as input in /home/clients/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx.ch/httpdocs/modules/gmbreadcrumb/gmbreadcrumb.php on line 48

Seems this line gives errors  (line : 48):

$dom->loadHTML(mb_convert_encoding($path, 'HTML-ENTITIES', 'UTF-8'));

Thank you

Edited by myselfidem (see edit history)

It's just a warning, so it will not break your site. It would be good to know if it happens for a page that should have a breadcrumb, or maybe for some reason the path is indeed empty?

Do you know for what page request you have this warning?

The module works wonderfully but I am having an issue with either CMS that are in categories: the last item does not show and Google says the name is missing (which it is since the title of the last page is not there) and with the BLOG module, you get another arrow with nothing and Google again calls for an empty name.

Example CMS: https://librairiezbookstore.com/en/info/informations/accepted-payment-methods

Example BLOG 1: https://librairiezbookstore.com/NEWS

Example BLOG 2: https://librairiezbookstore.com/en/NEWS/post/straight-to-hell.html

Other than that, everything works great. Thank you for the module!

Breadcrumb is reduntant on cms pages. I've added "cms" pages to header.tpl not to be displayed - the same as index and pagenotfound pages:

{if $page_name !='index' && $page_name !='pagenotfound' && $page_name !='cms'}
                        {include file="$tpl_dir./breadcrumb.tpl"}
                    {/if}

19 hours ago, Daresh said:

Thanks for your feedback guys, I just updated the module to v. 1.1.1 and uploaded it into the first post, check it out!

Hi Daresh,

how to update to the new version? Just un install the old one and load the new? or there is any other better way how to?

Thanks!

Thanks for this! Just a question, our theme have some user defined variables inside breadcrumb.tpl (we use Warehouse):

<div class="breadcrumb clearfix {if isset($warehouse_vars.breadcrumb_width) && $warehouse_vars.breadcrumb_width == 0}fullwidth-breadcrumb{/if}">
	{if isset($warehouse_vars.breadcrumb_width) && $warehouse_vars.breadcrumb_width == 0}<div class="container">{/if}
		<a class="home" href="{if isset($force_ssl) && $force_ssl}{$base_dir_ssl}{else}{$base_dir}{/if}" title="{l s='Return to Home'}"><i class="icon-home"></i></a>
		<span class="navigation-pipe"{if isset($category) && isset($category->id_category) && $category->id_category == (int)Configuration::get('PS_ROOT_CATEGORY')} style="display:none;"{/if}>{$navigationPipe|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</span>
			<span class="navigation_page">{$path|@replace:'<a ': '<span itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb"><a itemprop="url" '|@replace:'data-gg="">': '><span itemprop="title">'|@replace:'</a>': '</span></a></span>'}</span>
		{else}
			{$path}
		{/if}
	{/if}

{if $page_name == 'product'}
		{hook h='productnavs'}
		{/if}

{if isset($warehouse_vars.breadcrumb_width) && $warehouse_vars.breadcrumb_width == 0}</div>{/if}
</div>

If I replace this with your module hook, would it affect how things related to breadcrumb looks? Or should I also edit your gmbreadcrumb.tpl so it's compatible with the theme?

19 minutes ago, Daresh said:

It may affect how the breadcrumb looks, but your code seems to be using a lot of custom variables, so I don't think my module will work for you if you wan to keep all this markup.

Ah that's too bad, what exactly would I have to change in it to be able to use the new Schema?

On 1/24/2020 at 9:17 AM, Daresh said:

Use the snippets testing tool to verify your breadcrumb: https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/u/0/?hl=en

Hi Daresh, I ran the test: https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/u/0/?hl=en#url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bike4travel.nl
I see some errors, but I don't know if they are related to your module (I'm not a programmer, we try to do this ourselves and sometimes things get complicated :) )

Thanks again.

Another important update - I made this module with an assumption that the current page should be a link, but it's actually not required by Google.

So the best solution would be to only modify the breadcrumb.tpl, replacing it's contents with this code:

<!-- Breadcrumb -->
{if !empty($path)}
{$matchCount = preg_match_all('/<a.+?href="(.+?)"[^>]*>([^<]*)<\/a>/', $path, $matches)}
{$breadcrumbs = []}
{for $i=0; $i < $matchCount; $i++}
{$breadcrumbs[] = ['url' => $matches[1][$i], 'title' => $matches[2][$i]]}
{/for}
{$match = preg_match('/>([^<]+)(?:<\/\\w+>s*)?$/', $path, $matches)}
{if !empty($matches[1])}
{$breadcrumbs[] = ['url' => '', 'title' => $matches[1]]}
{elseif !$match && !$matchCount}
{$breadcrumbs[] = ['url' => '', 'title' => $path]}
{/if}
{/if}
<div class="clearfix">
	<ol class="breadcrumb" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/BreadcrumbList">
		<li itemprop="itemListElement" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/ListItem"> 
			<a class="home" href="{if isset($force_ssl) && $force_ssl}{$base_dir_ssl}{else}{$base_dir}{/if}" title="{l s='Return to Home'}" itemprop="item">
				<i class="icon-home"></i>
			</a>
			<meta itemprop="name" content="{l s='Home'}" />
			<meta itemprop="position" content="1" />
		</li>
{if !empty($breadcrumbs)}
{foreach from=$breadcrumbs item=breadcrumb name=crumbs}
{if !empty($breadcrumb.url)}
			<a href="{$breadcrumb.url}" itemprop="item" title="{$breadcrumb.title}">
				<span itemprop="name">{$breadcrumb.title}</span>
			</a>
{else}
{/if}
			<meta itemprop="position" content="{($smarty.foreach.crumbs.iteration|intval + 1)}" />
		</li>
{/foreach}
{/if}
	</ol>
</div>
<div class="pull-right">
	<strong>
		</a>
	</strong>
</div>
{/if}
<!-- /Breadcrumb -->

That's the most simple solution, and finally we have a correct code of the breadcrumb.tpl file.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daresh said:

Another important update - I made this module with an assumption that the current page should be a link, but it's actually not required by Google.

So the best solution would be to only modify the breadcrumb.tpl, replacing it's contents with this code:

<!-- Breadcrumb -->
{if !empty($path)}
{$matchCount = preg_match_all('/<a.+?href="(.+?)"[^>]*>([^<]*)<\/a>/', $path, $matches)}
{$breadcrumbs = []}
{/for}
{if !empty($matches[1])}
{/if}
{/if}
<div class="clearfix">
			<a class="home" href="{if isset($force_ssl) && $force_ssl}{$base_dir_ssl}{else}{$base_dir}{/if}" title="{l s='Return to Home'}" itemprop="item">
			</a>
		</li>
			</a>
{else}
{/if}
			<meta itemprop="position" content="{($smarty.foreach.crumbs.iteration|intval + 1)}" />
		</li>
{/foreach}
{/if}
	</ol>
</div>
<div class="pull-right">
	<strong>
		</a>
	</strong>
</div>
{/if}
<!-- /Breadcrumb -->

That's the most simple solution, and finally we have a correct code of the breadcrumb.tpl file.

Hi Daresh,

now I´m really cofused. So, we can un install the module and simply replace the original breadcrumb.tpl in our theme with this new code?

Thanks for clarification and your time.

I have created/updated origional breadcump.tpl and added pages who i wanted to include.

Page to include?/exclude  you do update in the lines highligted

working perfect in prestashop 1.6 versions.

ps dont forget to backup your origional before copy past 

<!-- Breadcrumb -->
<div class="breadcrumb" {if $page_name == 'product' or $page_name == 'category' or $page_name == 'cms' or $page_name == 'new-products' or $page_name == 'best-sales' or $page_name == 'prices-drop' or $page_name == 'manufacturer' or $page_name == 'sitemap' or $page_name == 'content' or $page_name == 'stores' or $page_name == 'search'}itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/BreadcrumbList"{/if}>
<!--    <div class="container"  > -->
        <!--<meta itemprop="name" content="{$meta_title|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}"/>-->
        <span {if $page_name == 'product' or $page_name == 'category' or $page_name == 'cms' or $page_name == 'new-products' or $page_name == 'best-sales' or $page_name == 'prices-drop' or $page_name == 'manufacturer' or $page_name == 'sitemap' or $page_name == 'content' or $page_name == 'stores' or $page_name == 'search'}itemprop="itemListElement" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/ListItem"{/if}><meta itemprop="position" content="1"><a class="home" itemprop="item" href="{if isset($force_ssl) && $force_ssl}{$base_dir_ssl}{else}{$base_dir}{/if}" title="{l s='Return to Home'}"><meta itemprop="name" content="{l s='Home'}" /><i class="icon-home"></i></a></span>
        <span  class="navigation-pipe"  {if isset($category) && isset($category->id_category) && $category->id_category == (int)Configuration::get('PS_ROOT_CATEGORY')} style="display:none;"{/if}>{$navigationPipe|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</span>
        {if $page_name == 'product' or $page_name == 'category' or $page_name == 'cms' or $page_name == 'new-products' or $page_name == 'best-sales' or $page_name == 'prices-drop' or $page_name == 'manufacturer' or $page_name == 'sitemap' or $page_name == 'content' or $page_name == 'stores' or $page_name == 'search'}
                <span  class="navigation_page" >
                {$path|@replace:'<a ': '<span > <span >
                    <a itemprop="item" '|@replace:'data-gg="">': '>
                    <span >'|@replace:'</a>': '</a></span></span>'}</span>
            {else}
                <span itemprop="itemListElement" class="item-breadcrumb" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/ListItem"><meta itemprop="position" content="1"><meta itemprop="item" content="{if isset($force_ssl) && $force_ssl}https://{$smarty.server.HTTP_HOST}{$smarty.server.REQUEST_URI}{else}http://{$smarty.server.HTTP_HOST}{$smarty.server.REQUEST_URI}{/if}" /><meta itemprop="name" content="{$path}" /><span class="item-breadalone">{$path}</span></span>
            {/if}
        {else}
                    <a '|@replace:'data-gg="">': '>
            {else}
                <span class="item-breadalone">{$path}</span>
            {/if}
        {/if}
    {/if}
</div>

• Thanks 2

On 1/28/2020 at 8:22 AM, Daresh said:

<!-- Breadcrumb -->
{if !empty($path)}
{$breadcrumbs = []}
{/for}
{if !empty($matches[1])}
{/if}
{/if}
<div class="clearfix">
			</a>
		</li>
			</a>
{else}
{/if}
		</li>
{/foreach}
{/if}
	</ol>
</div>
<div class="pull-right">
	<strong>
		</a>
	</strong>
</div>
{/if}
<!-- /Breadcrumb -->

Hello, this fix works also for prestashop 1.7 ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/1/2020 at 8:22, Daresh said:

Otra actualización importante: hice este módulo con la suposición de que la página actual debería ser un enlace, pero en realidad Google no lo requiere.

Entonces, la mejor solución sería modificar solo breadcrumb.tpl, reemplazando su contenido con este código:

Esa es la solución más simple, y finalmente tenemos un código correcto del archivo breadcrumb.tpl.

el menu horizontal en el telefono movil no funciona a que puede deverse 

Hello everyone.

I followed the instructions as described above. Google sees everything correctly and all warnings have disappeared. Unfortunately, the bread crumbs on the page look like above. One line has made a lot and I can't handle it. Could someone possibly help me.

Of course, I cleared the cache and smarty and compiled the template

Thank you.

Filip

Zrzut ekranu 2020-03-8 o 17.53.42.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi thank you for your module ! Where can I change the code please? I am on Presta 1.6.1.12 and I have this Breadcrumb file :

<! - Breadcrumb ->
{if isset ($ smarty.capture.path)} {assign var = 'path' value = $ smarty.capture.path} {/ if}
<section class = "breadcrumb" xmlns: v = "http://rdf.data-vocabulary.org/#">
    <ul itemprop = "breadcrumb">
    <li typeof = "v: Breadcrumb"> <a class = "home" href = "{if isset ($ force_ssl) && $ force_ssl} {$ base_dir_ssl} {else} {$ base_dir} {/ if} "title =" {ls = 'Return to Home'} "rel =" v: url "property =" v: title "> {ls = 'Home'} </a> </li> {if isset ($ path) AND $ path} <li class = "navigation-pipe" {if isset ($ category) && isset ($ category-> id_category ) && $ category-> id_category == (int) Configuration :: get ('PS_ROOT_CATEGORY')} style = "display: none;" {/ if}> {$ navigationPipe} </li>
        {if! $ path | strpos: 'li>'! == false}
            <li typeof = "v: Breadcrumb" classe = "navigation_page"> {$ path} </li>
        {else}
            {$ path}
        {/ if}
    {/ if}
    </ul>
</section>
{if isset ($ smarty.get.search_query) && isset ($ smarty.get.results) && $ smarty.get. résultats> 1 && isset ($ smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER)}
<div id = "search_return" class = "pull-right hidden-xs">
    {capture} {if isset ($ smarty.get.HTTP_REFERER) && $ smarty. get.HTTP_REFERER} {$ smarty.get.HTTP_REFERER} {elseif isset ($ smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER) && $ smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER} {$ smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER} {/ if} {/ capture}
    <a href = "{$ smarty.capture.default | escape: 'html': 'UTF-8' | secureReferrer | regex_replace: '/ [\? | &] content_only = 1 /': ''}" name = "back"rel = "nofollow">
        <i class = "icon-left-open-3"> </i> {ls = 'Retour aux résultats de recherche pour "% s" (% d autres résultats)' sprintf = [$ smarty.get.search_query, $ smarty .get.results]}
    </a>
</div>
{/ if}
<! - / Breadcrumb ->

On 1/29/2020 at 6:07 PM, dmr-electronics said:

I have created/updated origional breadcump.tpl and added pages who i wanted to include.

Page to include?/exclude  you do update in the lines highligted

working perfect in prestashop 1.6 versions.

ps dont forget to backup your origional before copy past 

<!-- Breadcrumb -->
<div class="breadcrumb" {if $page_name == 'product' or $page_name == 'category' or $page_name == 'cms' or $page_name == 'new-products' or $page_name == 'best-sales' or $page_name == 'prices-drop' or $page_name == 'manufacturer' or $page_name == 'sitemap' or $page_name == 'content' or $page_name == 'stores' or $page_name == 'search'}itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/BreadcrumbList"{/if}>
<!--    <div class="container"  > -->
        <!--<meta itemprop="name" content="{$meta_title|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}"/>-->
        <span {if $page_name == 'product' or $page_name == 'category' or $page_name == 'cms' or $page_name == 'new-products' or $page_name == 'best-sales' or $page_name == 'prices-drop' or $page_name == 'manufacturer' or $page_name == 'sitemap' or $page_name == 'content' or $page_name == 'stores' or $page_name == 'search'}itemprop="itemListElement" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/ListItem"{/if}><meta itemprop="position" content="1"><a class="home" itemprop="item" href="{if isset($force_ssl) && $force_ssl}{$base_dir_ssl}{else}{$base_dir}{/if}" title="{l s='Return to Home'}"><meta itemprop="name" content="{l s='Home'}" /><i class="icon-home"></i></a></span>
        <span  class="navigation-pipe"  {if isset($category) && isset($category->id_category) && $category->id_category == (int)Configuration::get('PS_ROOT_CATEGORY')} style="display:none;"{/if}>{$navigationPipe|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</span>
        {if $page_name == 'product' or $page_name == 'category' or $page_name == 'cms' or $page_name == 'new-products' or $page_name == 'best-sales' or $page_name == 'prices-drop' or $page_name == 'manufacturer' or $page_name == 'sitemap' or $page_name == 'content' or $page_name == 'stores' or $page_name == 'search'}
                    <a itemprop="item" '|@replace:'data-gg="">': '>
            {else}
                <span itemprop="itemListElement" class="item-breadcrumb" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/ListItem"><meta itemprop="position" content="1"><meta itemprop="item" content="{if isset($force_ssl) && $force_ssl}https://{$smarty.server.HTTP_HOST}{$smarty.server.REQUEST_URI}{else}http://{$smarty.server.HTTP_HOST}{$smarty.server.REQUEST_URI}{/if}" /><meta itemprop="name" content="{$path}" /><span class="item-breadalone">{$path}</span></span>
            {/if}
        {else}
                    <a '|@replace:'data-gg="">': '>
            {else}
                <span class="item-breadalone">{$path}</span>
            {/if}
        {/if}
    {/if}
</div>

Thanks for this code, it worked on PS 1.6.1 to eliminate the <Missing field "position"> and <Either "name" or "item.name" should be specified> errors I had from google.

Hello.
For my prestashop 1.6 original theme please.
We need to install the module and replace the file breadcrumb.tpl or i can replace only the file breadcrumb.tpl?

i must to replace for the dmr-electronics code in date of 29/01/2020?

Thank you verry much.

gmbreadcrumb_1_1_1.zip

breadcrumb.tpl 2.26 Ko

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2020 at 6:52 PM, Masteries said:

Thanks for this! Just a question, our theme have some user defined variables inside breadcrumb.tpl (we use Warehouse):

<div class="breadcrumb clearfix {if isset($warehouse_vars.breadcrumb_width) && $warehouse_vars.breadcrumb_width == 0}fullwidth-breadcrumb{/if}">
	{if isset($warehouse_vars.breadcrumb_width) && $warehouse_vars.breadcrumb_width == 0}<div class="container">{/if}
			<span class="navigation_page">{$path|@replace:'<a ': '<span itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb"><a itemprop="url" '|@replace:'data-gg="">': '><span itemprop="title">'|@replace:'</a>': '</span></a></span>'}</span>
		{else}
			{$path}
		{/if}
	{/if}

{if $page_name == 'product'}
		{hook h='productnavs'}
		{/if}

{if isset($warehouse_vars.breadcrumb_width) && $warehouse_vars.breadcrumb_width == 0}</div>{/if}
</div>

If I replace this with your module hook, would it affect how things related to breadcrumb looks? Or should I also edit your gmbreadcrumb.tpl so it's compatible with the theme?

If you still need it, here is an schema.org updated breadcrumb.tpl for Warehouse: https://petitcommerce.net/en/schema-org-breadcrumbs-warehouse-prestashop/

• Thanks 1

hello, i just replaced the code in breadcrumb.tpl (in YOUR THEME/breadcrumb.tpl) on presta 1.6.0.6

cleared the presta cache but i get the same breadcumb errors on google structured data as the value is still data-vocabulary.org

what should i do to make the changes effective to schema.org? 

i noted that in my products page also after the modification of the tpl file i have 2 columns for breadcrumbs, one with the new schema.org data and one with the old vocabulary-data, how to get rid of the old one?

give a look into the source page of one of my products:

https://semiassi.it/it/ammortizzatori/9695-ammortizzatore-anteriore-destro-citroen-peugeot-a-olio.html

Edited by soundsystemconnection (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

First: thanks Darash for the revised breadcrumb file!

I have replaced the breadcrumb.tpl file with the one in the first post. Prestashop 1.6.1.18

Seems to work fine, but I get a strange " / " in front of the products name on the breadcrumb, when products have a long name, and go to the next line (most visible on mobile)

Please see red marking on attached picture.

Can someone advise me on how to move it?

Thanks and have a nice day.

slash_issue.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,
Thank you for this great module!

I would like to change the home icon to my webpage name so I edited:

<span itemprop="itemListElement" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/ListItem">
		<a class="home" itemprop="item" href="{if isset($force_ssl) && $force_ssl}{$base_dir_ssl}{else}{$base_dir}{/if}"
        	 title="{l s='Return to Home' mod='gmbreadcrumb'}">
      </a>

and changed it to:

<a itemprop="item" href="{if isset($force_ssl) && $force_ssl}{$base_dir_ssl}{else}{$base_dir}{/if}"
         title="{l s='Return to Home' mod='gmbreadcrumb'}">Lawendowy Kredens
      </a>

but this gives me google warnings:

"missing field: "item""

Any clue what am I missing?

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2020 at 11:47 AM, Mikael Mortensen said:

First: thanks Darash for the revised breadcrumb file!

I have replaced the breadcrumb.tpl file with the one in the first post. Prestashop 1.6.1.18

Seems to work fine, but I get a strange " / " in front of the products name on the breadcrumb, when products have a long name, and go to the next line (most visible on mobile)

Please see red marking on attached picture.

Can someone advise me on how to move it?

Thanks and have a nice day.

slash_issue.gif

The new .tpl file works fine (Warehouse theme on 1.6). Just replaced the original file with the new .tpl

But we get the same " / " and that is on top of the " > " that is already present in the breadcumb so we too get longer lines.

Anyone solved how to remove the " / " from the breadcrumb listing?