ivo71

Add $product.short_description to delivery slip pdf

Hi,

Can anybody help me with making changes to add the short product description to the delivery slip?
I found in what tpl file to edit it (/pdf/delivery-slip.product-tab.tpl), but I don't know what name of variable to use between the { }  or if the variable $product.short_description has to be defined in another file first?

Thanks.

Yes, you need to add product data as well. See the getContent function in the /classes/pdf/HTMLTemplateDeliverySlip.php file. You can see template variables order, order_details, delivery_address and so on there.

Would you be able to write the exact coding line to retrieve the short description from the database please?

Thanks.

Just add the new field in the getcontent function override

foreach ($order_details as &$order_detail) {
            $productObj = new Product($order_detail['product_id'], false, Context::getContext()->language->id, Context::getContext()->shop->id);
            $order_detail['product_description'] = $productObj->description;
        }

And then in the .tpl

<p>{$order_detail.product_description}</p>

• Like 1

Thanks, the coding works beautifully and even looks great in thedelivery slip, but it shows the full description, not the summary (short description).
Can you please let me know what variables to change to get the short description (summary description field)?

Many thanks for your help.

Got it sorted already, just added _short to description and product_description :)

Thanks for all help.