How to accept all countries for billing address but NOT for shipping address

Hi all, I'm wondering how one might go about creating some kind of override or module that would allow all/most countries on the billing address, but restrict delivery address to only one country (US). I've tried switching on "Restrict country selections in front office to those covered by active carriers" but this will then hide all countries for the billing along with the shipping.

The situation we have is that some International customers might be wanting to either purchase a gift for someone in the US or use a third party service like Reship that creates a virtual USA address for package routing.

As of right now, I've had to turn off all countries except US so folks don't get frustrated after entering their info only to find out we can't ship to their country.

I'd like to be able to turn countries back on so they will show up for billing address, but somehow restrict the shipping address to only show USA in the country dropdown.

Seems like this could be a simple tweak, but I'm not advanced enough with my PS dev knowledge to know how to write it or where to look. There might also be a plugin out there that does this, but I haven't been able to track it down yet, so any pointing in the right direction would be helpful.

Thanks for any help! 🙏

That's not so simple, cause prestashop does not distinguish addresses, in theory, the customer may just go to his account and add 10 addresses (despite having anything in the cart) for future use. Prestashop does not ask if it's a shipping or a biling address. And then he just selects them during checkout.