Additional Payment Fees by BVK - not compatible with PayPal

polish

Hello,

Module: https://www.bvkyazilim.com/cart/pricing-discounts/prestashop-additional-payment-fees.html

It says it is compatible with PayPal. In my shop it does'nt work. The customer sees the commission in the checkout, but after switching to Paypal he sees the amount without commission.

I've checked several PayPal and APF module settings combinations but it just doesn't work with PayPal properly.

I've also written to the author but no answear since Monday.

PS. 1.7.6.1.

PayPal official module v5.1.0.

Where to look? What to check? Did you have problem contacting this author?

Thanks!

Jakub

57e3c761.png

Paypal is prohibiting by their user agreement to charge fees to your customers for the use of Paypal as payment solution.

https://www.paypal.com/gn/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full

3.4 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method without our prior written consent. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Yes that's right. The fee charged is lower than the PayPal commission and it is not applied to PayPal only, so it meets these conditions.

The question is why this module does not transfer commissions to Paypal.

Does it require any additional arrangements with PayPal or should I look for a problem in this module?

54 minutes ago, polish said:

The question is why this module does not transfer commissions to Paypal.

Because it is not allowed....  Do yo have their written consent ?

1 hour ago, selectshop.at said:

No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method without our prior written consent.

Calculate surcharges into your products prices and make the opposite. Give a discount to other payment methods. So Paypal cannot see what you are doing.

As extra designated fee line paypal will refuse/ignore it when transmitted to paypal.