Disable carrier ID update

d4vv

Guys could any1 tell me how can I disable carrier ID update? I mean... every time when you change sth in carrier it change the ID of it... I need to disable this and not let prestashop change the carriers IDs.

PS will update the ID, in order to maintain the correct shipping information for any past orders that used that ID.

If you don't want it to create a new ID, you can either edit the PS core code, or edit the information you need directly in the database.

• 2 years later...

This is not a mistake.
Please note that orders are carrier-bound and there may be pending orders.
You change the price of transport and everything will be wrong.
Therefore, after the update, the old carrier is disabled, or after the deletion, it still remains stored in the database.
It is a mistake of the programmer who should use a hook in the module and capture the change of the carrier id and save it, for example, in some internal table.

Hi Knacky,

Yes, I get what the design is trying ot achieve and it makes sense.

I just think the logic is not super good. You could enable history in another way with keeping the carrier ID the same.

As I've noticed by quick Googling, lot of people have run in to this where they assume the ID would be static as you normally would.

Hi @GoPure Kratom,

in this case you could use the id_reference value from the ps_carriers database table, as when you modify any carrier, this field id_reference remains the same for that carrier, so in this case the solution for your fulfilment partner would be for them to use the value of id_reference.

Kind regards, Leo.

Thanks @Prestachamps

I saw that in another thread and actually confirmed that this is the case and brought it upwith out fulfilment partner.
However, they use a warehouse mgmgt software which they won't/can't modify just for us or the Prestashop users, so we basically have to ask them to update the ID's in their system everytime we make any changes to a carrier.