mikhsanh

Is Safe to delete cache folder ?

Hey guys!,

i have huge /cache folder in my prestashop site, not i am gonna delete that folder but what the risk of my action? previously, i clear my cache manually in /cache/smarty but the huge files is /cache/cachefs folder.

Any suggest?

Thanks in advance

Hi @mikhsanh

You can delete without a problem all the folders inside "cache/smarty/cache" and all the folders inside "cache/smarty/compile".

In fact, this is the action performed by the "Clear cache" button in the back office.

5 minutes ago, Elina webs said:

Hi @mikhsanh

You can delete without a problem all the folders inside "cache/smarty/cache" and all the folders inside "cache/smarty/compile".

In fact, this is the action performed by the "Clear cache" button in the back office.

Hi Elina Webs,

thanks for the reply

I have perform it, but is safe to delete /cache/cachefs? because that file is so huge in my server :(

You can delete all the folders inside (but only folders, the index.php file you have to keep it) @mikhsanh.

However, as time passes by, new information will be stored in this folder. One option is that you create a cron task on the server to clean the content every X time.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the solution,

I will try your suggest :)

Perfect @mikhsanh.

If the answer has helped you remember to give the subject per solved and if it has been useful, I would be very grateful if you would appreciate it :).