Problem showing up product variants / attributes on product page

superskyman100

Hello,

I use Prestashop 1.7 with the theme warehouse, i am building one lingerie shop.

I have an issue on the product page of my shop, related to the product variants when i click on the color swatch, it erases all the other pictures in the right column (the place where all the miniatures/thumbnails  variants of the product appear)

In other words, i want the customer to be able to see the color variant in the big image when he clicks on the color swatch of the product, WITHOUT all the other variants/combinaisons suddenly diseappearing when he does so. For now, in the PS backoffice, i do associate some image(s) to the different colors combinaisons, but as soon as i do that, when i click on the color swatch on the product page / front office, only the product variants of that color appear in the little thumbnails/carrousel near the main picture.

That's not really great, knowing it's always good to keep all the combinaison visible to the customer. 

Any idea how i could fix that ? 

Thanks

Aurelien

Untitled-2.jpg

Hi, yes this is a big prestashop bug. Cant Believe so many merchants miss this standard feature. Anyway i reported this to github long time ago and far as i know they wont solve this problem in 1.7.7 either...

Have a developer who has made changes in our prestashop 1.7.6.1 core code. Our works like ps 1.6 shows coverpicture as default and when click on color variation it shows correct color. Also all tumbnail pictures shows in bottom.

Very bad sales if not fix this issue if you have variations.

Seems like it's more of a design choice rather than a bug.

You can ask the theme creator about it, as they would know best.

With some digging around you could probably find the JS code that is responsible for hiding all the other colors, and disable that.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 3:22 PM, superskyman100 said:

Hello,

I use Prestashop 1.7 with the theme warehouse, i am building one lingerie shop.

I have an issue on the product page of my shop, related to the product variants when i click on the color swatch, it erases all the other pictures in the right column (the place where all the miniatures/thumbnails  variants of the product appear)

In other words, i want the customer to be able to see the color variant in the big image when he clicks on the color swatch of the product, WITHOUT all the other variants/combinaisons suddenly diseappearing when he does so. For now, in the PS backoffice, i do associate some image(s) to the different colors combinaisons, but as soon as i do that, when i click on the color swatch on the product page / front office, only the product variants of that color appear in the little thumbnails/carrousel near the main picture.

That's not really great, knowing it's always good to keep all the combinaison visible to the customer. 

Any idea how i could fix that ? 

Thanks

Aurelien

Untitled-2.jpg

Yes I can manage to fix the issue like 1.6 version.

Edited by dinesh badrukhiya (see edit history)

This has nothing to do with theme, it's prestashop bug also reported to github they know about this problem but not yet solved this very important standard feature. Sorry but I don't even think it will be solved in 1.7.7...

Dinesh Badrukhiya solved this in our shop and as far i know no one else manage to fix this.

Talk to Dinesh and he fix your shop and ypu can start sell properly :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, superskyman100 said:

Hello Dinesh,

I'm still waiting, if u have time to help, for a solution here, cause that's really too bad the way PS Product page behaves with variants... 

Btw i'm on PS 1.7.5... 

Tell me if u need anything...

Thanks

Can you paste a link to the product page where we can see the issue?

• Like 1

https://www.sexy-cherry.com/en/p/43-634-amazing-sexy-panties-women-high-waist-lace-thongs-and-g-strings-underwear-ladies-hollow-out-underpants-intimates-lingerie.html#/8-color-white/30-size-xs

Here as an example... 

Click on color swatch, only the color chosen shows off, all the other variants aren't visible in the little slider/product page.... THE CUSTOMER HAS TO CLICK ON COLOR SWATCH. I've tested it on PS 1.6 with our without my theme, we have same problem.

I'm not sure I understand.

When I first enter the page, white is selected, and I see 3 white thumbnails.

When I click on the black, I see 5 black thumbnails, and the white are not showing.

I believe PrestaShop is showing the images that are associated with the current selected combination.

Are you saying you want to show all the images all the time?

Hello Tomerg,

Thank you very much for your help.

Yes, Prestashop is only showing up the images associates to the selected combinations. 

It's not good for the customer, because he cannot DIRECTLY/IMMEDIATELY see all the variations images on the product page. He has to click on the color swatch to see other pictures. NO website in my niche (clothes, lingerie....) does this way (and there is a lot).

Usually, the color swatches are used, ONLY to change the main image (and optionally to rearrange the order of the little thumbnails/carousel according to the selected colors), without deleting the other combinations.

In other words, I want ALL the combination ALWAYS showing in the carousel/thumbnails. And if the customers clicks on the color swatch, ONLY the main image will change, according to the selected color (and optionally the carousel is rearranged showing up in priority the associated color variation pictures) .

This is like that on 99% of websites, and i guess that's because it's always better to show up ALL the available choices, the thumnails/carousel are made for that. It's also important for ergonomics/customer experience, cause the customer can always click on the carousel variations instead of color swatches, to quickly see what he is attracted for.

This is not a bug, it's how PS has always worked.

Each combination can be assigned specific product images that will be displayed when it is selected, and it makes perfect sense, if you have a blue shirt selected, why would you want to show a red shirt?

The simplest solution is to assign all the product images to all the combinations, otherwise, you would have to modify the core code to not swap up any images (which would require good coding skills).

8 hours ago, tomerg3 said:

This is not a bug, it's how PS has always worked.

Each combination can be assigned specific product images that will be displayed when it is selected, and it makes perfect sense, if you have a blue shirt selected, why would you want to show a red shirt?

The simplest solution is to assign all the product images to all the combinations, otherwise, you would have to modify the core code to not swap up any images (which would require good coding skills).

I've explained many times now why the stuff is far away from the state of art. Tired repeating thousand times about the same functional / customer experience / state of art problem. NO clothing  shop with variations erases all variations from the slider when we click on the color swatch, and that's for very good reasons, and i won't repeat myself.

Btw Dinesh didn't solved the problem.

Superskyman100 Sorry you mix apples and bananas... I suggest you search in Github about this "BUG" and read more about the problem before you say it always worked like this. Because that`s not true. Prestashop developer team knows about this, and as i said from the beginning they MAYBE solve it in ps 1.8.

BTW Dinesh solved the problem already in ps 1.7.5 and i won`t repeat myself.

28 minutes ago, tomerg3 said:

As I mentioned above, a temporary solution would be to associate all the product images with all the combinations.

You could probably have a developer write you a query to do that in less than an hour.

Yeah well, can do that with PS...

Even can associate all variants with the main combinaison, then strictly the colors combinaisons with the exact images... 

None of these solutions are really good / homogen / ergonomic.... Anyway, i'm these days getting expert, navigating in the ocean of the PS 1.7 bugs... They shouldn't release the 1.8 before 10 years... ;) 

Edited by superskyman100 (see edit history)

7 hours ago, tomerg3 said:

Here we are !! One thread adressing my problem !! Thank u very much tomerg3 !! ☺️

I don't want to abuse, but I don't know if u can help with the code cause i'm really short on developer skills (if non-existent), and my theme is a bit different code than the classical one for the example u've shown, i'm a bit struggling to understand the structure...

Here is my theme product-cover-thumbnails.tpl :

<div class="images-container images-container-{if $iqitTheme.pp_thumbs == "left" || $iqitTheme.pp_thumbs == "leftd"}left images-container-d-{$iqitTheme.pp_thumbs} {else}bottom{/if}">
    {if $iqitTheme.pp_thumbs == "left" || $iqitTheme.pp_thumbs == "leftd"}
        <div class="row no-gutters">
            {if $product.images|@count gt 1}<div class="col-2 col-left-product-thumbs">{include file='catalog/_partials/_product_partials/product-thumbnails.tpl'}</div>{/if}
            <div class="{if $product.images|@count gt 1}col-10{else}col-12{/if} col-left-product-cover">{include file='catalog/_partials/_product_partials/product-cover.tpl'}</div>
        </div>
     {else}
        {include file='catalog/_partials/_product_partials/product-cover.tpl'}
        {include file='catalog/_partials/_product_partials/product-thumbnails.tpl'}
     {/if}
</div>

I don't really know where to put the 'conditions' the guys are talking about on the thread u've shown me, if u have an idea than could be super handy... 

Anyway thanks a lot for your help

Edited by superskyman100 (see edit history)

NO SOLUTION !! 

It seems that it's just NOT POSSIBLE to have a state of art product page with PS 1.7

That's a serious mess. I don't get how it is possible to pretend beeing an e-commerce PF and not beeing able to make thumbnails, color swatches and product combinations working correctly together. 

That's a very basis, and a serious regression (another one....) from PS 1.6.