[solved]Add to cart not working

JohnMck

My Prestashop 1.7.6.2 is not letting users add anything to their carts. I was having this issue with the previous version, 1.7.5.x. The upgrade didn't fix it like I was hoping, I've tried disabling different modules to see if that helped but as of now it has not. If anyone has ideas for me that would be greatly appreciated. I'll include the URL at the bottom of this thread, please be aware that it's currently in maintenance mode whilst the issue is getting figured out. 

www.woodshotsauce.com

Unfortunately your site is under maintenance. If you are using own theme, then you should ask for support of the theme developer. If you are using native theme, you should check if server requirements are fulfilled: https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/

Prestashop is still moving to symfony and several libraries are updated as well on latest PS 1.7. versions. Install the proposed phppsinfo and check.

Activate debug mode and read also server error logs.

Disable all modules which are not native. Perhaps one of them is making troubles.

I am using the "classic Version 1.0.0" theme by PrestaShop. I ran the phppsinfo and it all was green. All non-natives are disabled and debug mode is active. 

The only thing I can think of is that I recently changed the root directory of P.S. Everything still seems to be working except adding items to the cart, which worked previously. 

we don't use maintenance mode, while in development of new shop we update the robots.txt file with 

# no bot may crawl

User-agent: *

Disallow: /

==we also set robots.txt file file permissions to read only (note this breaks upgrade lol)....

then anyone of dev team, or community help can access front end

when you are ready to launch set back to original permissions and via admin regenerate robots.txt file

I was able to figure out the issue. I originally had my shop in the /cart directory but then changed it all to /. When I changed everything over, the /cart directory still existed, once I deleted that then the shopping cart worked again.. Thanks to the team here for all help, this has been solved!

• 3 weeks later...