(Solved) Cannot edit one of my products-HTTP ERROR 500

Cristina Gonzalez

hello, I am on version 1.7.1.4.

Suddenly one of my products won´t let me edit it. Get error 500 and the same if I try to create a duplicate. 

I have a multishop and the problem is the same in mode Multishop or specific shop. It appears correctly on the front end.

Anyone knows why this happens? All the other products I can edit normally. 

Am I going to be quicker if  I create the product again and delete (if it lets me) the troublesome one?

Hi Dinesh,

Looking at Log Messages, on the tab called Info & Errors, and this is the message

Level    INFO12:33:24

Channel   request

Matched route 

"admin_product_catalog"

.Hide context

[▼ "route" => "admin_product_catalog" "route_parameters" => [▶] "request_uri" => "https://mydomain.com/bookings/backoffice/index.php/product/catalog?_token=lPWAJp8ZB9jmZ08FyaFfuTGbn6jqF9iFxxF4D-QAByI" "method" => "GET" ]

Also looking at tab called Deprecation,not sure if it is related, the log time coincides.

TimeChannelMessage

12:33:24phpUser Deprecated: The "logger" service is private, getting it from the container is deprecated since Symfony 3.2 and will fail in 4.0. You should either make the service public, or stop using the container directly and use dependency injection instead.

Hide context    Show trace

[▼ "exception" => ErrorException {#721 ▶}

Edited by Cristina Gonzalez (see edit history)

Maybe because I am on debug mode now, instead of error 500 I know get this message when trying to edit the product that is not working

(1/1) OutOfMemoryException

Error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes)

in OptionsResolver.php line 676

Not sure what this means....

• Cristina Gonzalez changed the title to (Solved) Cannot edit one of my products-HTTP ERROR 500

Thank you guys, increasing the memory to 512 MB did not work, we then increased it further to 768 MB and that allowed me to get into the product but took ages to open properly.

I think that that product was corrupted, probably by me doing copy pasting of product description from Word or from other parts of the front shop (I checked the description code and had a hundred lines of formatting code). 

Anyway, I have been able to delete that product and created it again, just in case.

Any tips on copy-pasting safely???