Whatever happened to Post Affiliate Pro payment module support...

As I can't find the way to contact the developers through the form on the main website, I'll try the forum.

I paid and downloaded the PAP module and succesfully installed it in my shop, but it's not working, as the orders coming from affiliates are not being registered.

I tried three times to contact the developers using the contact support form on my client area and got no response.

Does someone on the PAP module team answer the e-mails or even read this forum? Otherwise I'll try the manually installation between PAP and Prestashop but I'd like to have my 60 euros back.

It sounds to me like you have a common payment integration problem.

If the sales are not being registered with your affiliates, you either have your Clicks Tracking not embedded correctly just before the </body> tag...or you don't have the Sales/Leads tracking code properly integrated with your shopping cart/payment processors.

What shopping cart/payment processors are you using? And what type of site style? Do you have a URL of your index page and "thank you for your purchase" page you can share so I can look at the source code?

Thanks. I'll be waiting for your response and happy to help.

Post Affiliate Pro Expert

• 3 weeks later...

Did you ever receive a response from the module developers? I haven't. Did you successfully integrate PAP4 and PS? What version of PrestaShop are you using?

I have installed PS4.1 and purchased PAP4, but have not installed it yet. I was hoping someone could tell me that it works before I pay my developer (who is NOT a PS expert) to hack away.

Thanks,
Heather

I've taken a look at the Post Affiliate Pro module offered by Prestashop and to be honest, the module is not necessary to get a solid integration with your payment processors and everyone should save their money by not purchasing it.

Prestashop has payment gateway modules with Paypal, Alertpay, Worldpay, Authorize.net, and others...and using the PAP4 module for PS integration is not necessary. (The module only has a 2 star rating to begin with...and from what I can tell, the module is only configurable with the PAP "general integration method").

@Heather: No hacking by your developer is necessary.

The plugins you need for proper PAP4 integration are already included in your PAP software.

Post Affiliate Pro Expert

@ obejason, thank you. I hoped that was the case.

I was planning to give the PAP development team access to my control panel to do the free PAP4 installation. If I then ask my developer to follow the instructions on http://addons.qualityunit.com/integration-methods/_iPresta Shop/, will that be sufficient to integrate to the latest PrestaShop version 1.4? Or is there something else we'll need to do?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Heather

@Heather: First, Quality Unit will offer to do a full installation and integration for you for a small fee. Depending on how much your developer charges, you may come out ahead. The installation itself only takes a few minutes from someone experienced working with the software. The payment integration is a bit more tricky but you should be able to get 24 - 48 hour turnaround from Quality Unit.

The integration code listed on the link you provided looks good if you use PayPal as your processor. Any decent coder will be able to crank it out quickly (should take less than an hour). In fact, just looking at it gives me an idea of how the whole Prestashop sales funnel works...and I have to say, I like it.

The one part I still can't speak for is how Prestashop hosts their PayPal buttons. One of the most common issues I hear is neglecting to use "non-hosted buttons" that Post Affiliate Pro requires to work with Paypal, in order to properly track the referring affiliate.

Your developer should have a clear understanding of what needs to be done because, without even looking at it, it seems pretty straightforward (and I'm not even a coder).

Let me know if this helps.

@obejason,

Thank you . I haven't integrated Paypal with PS1.4 yet, as it is a new installation. I guess I have to do that first, and then Quality Unit can do the integration with PAP4. I'll keep you posted

Happy Easter.
Heather

Did you ever receive a response from the module developers? I haven't.

I did, but had to send an email to the pshop guys first :(

Did you successfully integrate PAP4 and PS? What version of PrestaShop are you using?

Can't say it's working.
The system is registering every sale that it's coming from a "comission per click" campaign, but it's not registering sales coming from a "comission per sale" campaign. So, to be honest, it's not working at all.

@jordio,

So...that is how the module is working out for you? Thank you for the info. Hopefully you can get your money back!

I am going to try integrating PAP4 with PS1.4 with this approach:
http://addons.qualityunit.com/integration-methods/_iPresta Shop/

...and if that doesn't work, I'll pay PAP4 to do the integration. It'll take me a couple weeks to get to it, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Best,
Heather

@jordio,

So...that is how the module is working out for you? Thank you for the info. Hopefully you can get your money back!

I am going to try integrating PAP4 with PS1.4 with this approach:
http://addons.qualityunit.com/integration-methods/_iPresta Shop/

...and if that doesn't work, I'll pay PAP4 to do the integration. It'll take me a couple weeks to get to it, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Best,
Heather

Hi Heather!

I tried to integrate it following the steps at http://addons.qualityunit.com/integration-methods/_iPresta Shop/ but got no result using the TPV of the bank i'm working with. Never trid it out with Paypal, but it will work for sure. Anyway, at least you can ask some of the PAP guys to help you, which is something you cannot do if you're in a hurry with the developers of the module.
It took me 2 weeks to get in touch with the developer and we tried to work it out to integrate the module and make it work properly. He had my FTP account and so on, but never found a solution. The last mail I sent is from 10 days ago and I never got a reply. Hopefully the pshop guys will give me my money back but, let me warn all the people on this post: please do not purchase the module I do not recommend it. My experience: it's not working 100% and it's f***ing difficult to get in touch with the developer! 15 e-mails later, he couldn't make the module work.
Plus, you'll find some issues like this one:
"When I activate the module, it is impossible to go to the paypal or TPV payment page once you click on Next button in the order page", you'll get a fatal error and will have to uninstall the payment modules, the one page checkout module (if you're using it), install the again, and configurate them again. Otherwise, the checkout process won't work.

As you can see, this module is a box of surprises...

If you can, do it on your own or get in touch with the PAP guys. They're more professional and will help you out.

It may be a ton easier on each of you if you're open to using Authorize.net or 1ShoppingCart as your payment processor.

Although I have never integrated PAP with Prestashop personally, just from what I know about it so far, both Authorize.net and 1ShoppingCart would probably be super easy and work great. No modules or special configurations would be necessary at all.

And there are a couple of advantages to each over using PayPal. In my experience, PayPal is the most popular option...but it's always the most finicky.

@Jordio: Your 3rd party verification method will work perfectly with Authorize.net.

Let me know if I can help either of you.