Almost there

Hi,

I've created a fresh 1.7.5 installation of Prestashop at www.dev.domain.com and configured it the way I would like to. I've migrated all data from my 1.6 installation. I've created backups of the databas and the 1.6 shop.

Everything looks OK. All the wanted data is in the new shop. Everything backuped.

But I'm looking for some guidance on how to do the last step, to actually remove the old store and get the 1.7 version in place at the original domain? How should I do this? What should I consider? Are there any HOW-TO guides available that has described this last step? I haven't found any good at least...

Please advise! :)

Best regards

Hans

create subdomain olddrakfisken.yourdomain name, copy your shop files to this root.

create new db, with debuser password

update the olddraksiken /app/config/parameters.php with new db credentials.

navigate to olddrakfisken.yourdomain admin and login,

normally I'll disable/enable friendly url to regenerate the .htaccess

once this bit is working

remove ps files from main domain, copy your new shop to new domain httpdics/public html

login to admin, again you want to regenerate the .htaccess file

====

wah lah!..

note: some will copy old prod to a 'folder' within root files, this is not very smart as backups are now going to include silly folder.

23 hours ago, El Patron said:

create new db, with debuser password

update the olddraksiken /app/config/parameters.php with new db credentials.

I might be stupid but I can't find  /app/config/parameters.php? Running 1.6.0.14 as a multistore if that might make any difference?