Migrating from other store - importing customers and addresses

manticore669

hey all

I am going to migrate to Prestashop from some other software. I want to import customers using the built-in import option. I have just learnt, that - in order to import customers - I have in fact to make 2 imports: customers and addresses.

My question is - what is the relation between the customer and his address? How Presta knows that a particular address or addresses in fact belongs to particular customer? I have exported the initial sample customer database (customers and addresses) to check the logic, but there is completely no unique id in both files which will match the customers to their addresses. 

How to prepare import csv (my export file is a whole, I mean, customer list and their addresses in 1 list) to make sure that appropriate address is matched with appropriate customer? 

thank you

maciek 

3 hours ago, manticore669 said:

How to prepare import csv (my export file is a whole, I mean, customer list and their addresses in 1 list) to make sure that appropriate address is matched with appropriate customer? 

You have Customer ID in both files!

customerID.thumb.JPG.98baf07432f38607bbbd17544d935c4b.JPG

Best Regards

You don't need an ID, if you are importing things for first time. The ID will be assigned during first add of data to database. Nevertheless you can assign an ID by yourself, if you don't want that the imported lines will be processed from first to last with first = 1 and last the last counted data in that data table. The best is to simply let Prestashop manage this and for first time don't assign ID's. ID's are needed for to maintain data in future if you want to change something on ID X...

• Like 1

Exactly. For customers you need to import first customers data and then the addresses for particular customer. For customers you can also map instead of the ID the name, but this is not secure if you are having names in double. Mail-Addresses could also be mapped as identification instead of ID.

we have the 'most' migration experience of 'any' PS agency, I love sayting that.  it one of our favorite works, 

https://prestaheroes.com/services/ecommerce-migration-to-prestashop/

we do passwords, all customers/orders/features,attributes....can i brag more?  we just did a cold fusion to ps lol.  but there is a lot more to import than what is mentioned, depends really if you have customer/sales base. We did one once nl booze shop, no access to db or files lol....datanerds rule

DO NOT FORGET YOUR OLD TO NEW REWRITES, see addon's for good 30x redirect module.

happy migrating...

• 1 year later...

I am trying to import Customer from prestashop 1.6.1.24 to prestashop 1.7.7.0 but i can’t because it is showing error as follows: 

Errors occurred:

Email address Muhee (ID: 35) cannot be validated.

Property Customer->lastname is not valid

Email address Muhee (ID: 34) cannot be validated.

Property Customer->lastname is not valid

Email address Ahmed (ID: 33) cannot be validated.

................. continues.

Any idea how can this be fixed?

Well, Maybe i found the problem. I forgot to correctly assign the heading of the rows. I have fixed it but now it is asking for a field to assign for the 'Password' but my csv file has none!! How can i get the passwords of my customers!! I am not supposed to get the passwords of my customers!