FREE script - Prestools-Suite mass edit order - Edit and much more

5 hours ago, DariusG said:

Hi, Musicmaster,

I just started using your scripts yesterday and I'm lovin it already! Great work!

Question from new user - is there any way to mass update (change) Product Attribute for set of filtered products at once?

What I want to do:

I have Product Attribute - Wheight

I filter one manufacture using ProdCombi , filter particular Wheight: 173-175; and I want to change 173-175 to another one, which is 173-174 (I have it in database as a separate Value) for all filtered combinations at once.

It feels like your tools should allow this but I can't figure out how to do it!

Thanks for help!

That is a tough one. I don't see an easy solution for that at the moment. But I will keep it in mind.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not a module but a script/program. Follow the installation instructions! Prestools Suite is a suite of user-friendly and powerful tools to mass edit your products, orders and categories.

Just wanted to say, once again, thankyou. I was messing around the other day with groups and thought I would create one while trying to do discounts etc. When I logged in to my shop as a cus

Hi, sorry for late answer - do not have much time today. I have product-proc.php in my directory. I uploaded your last file product-edit6 and now is working excellent!!!! Thank You very much for

Posted Images

In the newest version (1.29e) is it once again possible to select which fields are displayed in product-edit. As usual there are some bug fixes and small improvements too.

• Thanks 1

Just a quick question from a beginner user -  what is the most "elegant" way to update to a new version? If I overwrite all files from new download, I get settings1.php over-written too? And then I need to update user/password info each time? Any smart suggestion?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, DariusG said:

Just a quick question from a beginner user -  what is the most "elegant" way to update to a new version? If I overwrite all files from new download, I get settings1.php over-written too? And then I need to update user/password info each time? Any smart suggestion?

Thanks!

There is no really smart solution. Some people save there old settings1.php. That work mostly but in some cases (including the last upgrade) you will get an error that you need to upgrade the file.

Another option is to keep a copy somewhere of those lines with your credentials that you can copy in the new file.

The ideal would some kind of upgrade routine that automatically integrates your settings. But I don't expect that to happen soon.

Just installed the latest version to use it with PS 1.7.6.8
Everything works fine, but I got in the product-edit screen the following error:

Notice: Undefined index: manufacturer in /home/xxx/domains/xxx/public_html/xxx/xxx/product-edit.php on line 2287

Approx. 100 times, and below that the usual listing.

Edited by Siku73
value (see edit history)

On 2/21/2021 at 8:56 PM, Siku73 said:

Just installed the latest version to use it with PS 1.7.6.8
Everything works fine, but I got in the product-edit screen the following error:

Notice: Undefined index: manufacturer in /home/xxx/domains/xxx/public_html/xxx/xxx/product-edit.php on line 2287

Approx. 100 times, and below that the usual listing.

Hi Siku73,

Can you test the attached file?

It looks like I overlooked some case when I made an optimization that manufacturers are only retrieved when needed.

M

product-edit.php

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello

I use PS 1.7.7.1 with Prestools version 1.29e

When i edit the category in "Category Edit" something strange happen.

I want to edit the meta_description.

I select the field meta_description, and choose "copy from field" and select the Meta_title.

When i click "Submit All" something happen, and after the auto refresh nothing happend.

Do you think this is a bug?

Second thing is this line at the top of the tool:

Char set is 'utf8mb4' instead of 'utf8'.Collation is 'utf8mb4_general_ci' instead of 'utf8_general_ci'.

See attachment also.

thanks

Schermafbeelding 2021-02-25 135503.png

1 hour ago, Queenfan.nl said:

Hello

I use PS 1.7.7.1 with Prestools version 1.29e

When i edit the category in "Category Edit" something strange happen.

I want to edit the meta_description.

I select the field meta_description, and choose "copy from field" and select the Meta_title.

When i click "Submit All" something happen, and after the auto refresh nothing happend.

Do you think this is a bug?

Second thing is this line at the top of the tool:

Char set is 'utf8mb4' instead of 'utf8'.Collation is 'utf8mb4_general_ci' instead of 'utf8_general_ci'.

See attachment also.

thanks

Schermafbeelding 2021-02-25 135503.png

Hi,

Your story is a bit strange. After '"copy from field" and select the Meta_title" I would expect you to report clicking the "update all editable records". And then you should describe that you see the change implemented.

The second is an innocent warning that you can ignore.

Yes, after clicking the "update all editable records". sorry, i mean that indeed of the Submit all.

My settings first are in screen 1 attached.

After clicking update all editable records the output is screen 2.

When i take a view again and select all meta tabs, i see nothing changed, see screen 3

1.png

2.png

3.png

Unzip and install the module. I get the following message.

What I can do?

You cannot call the program this way by addressing the root. Address one of the files!

25 minutes ago, GRXinside said:

Unzip and install the module. I get the following message.

What I can do?

You cannot call the program this way by addressing the root. Address one of the files!

Follow the installation instructions. Prestools is not a module. So you cannot install it that way.

44 minutes ago, Queenfan.nl said:

Yes, after clicking the "update all editable records". sorry, i mean that indeed of the Submit all.

When i take a view again and select all meta tabs, i see nothing changed, see screen 3

1.png

2.png

3.png

The restart points to a javascript error. I cannot reproduce it so it will have to analysed on your site.

On 2/25/2021 at 4:41 PM, Queenfan.nl said:

1.png

2.png

3.png

Hi,

Did you solve the problem?

Did you find out what the javascript error was?

If you need help, please let me know. If you want you can also pm me with access data so that I can have a look myself.

Posted (edited)

Hi, I just uploaded Prestools to a shop where I had not used it before, changed settings1.php, opened product-edit.php and logged in, then I got this error I have not seen before:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /var/www/.../.../admin*********/prestools/functions1.php on line 253

Since this display, no page of Prestools can be accessed and no login screen appears. What can I do? Already deleted htaccess with no effect.

Cheers.

Edited by comfuse (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, comfuse said:

Hi, I just uploaded Prestools to a shop where I had not used it before, changed settings1.php, opened product-edit.php and logged in, then I got this error I have not seen before:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /var/www/.../.../admin*********/prestools/functions1.php on line 253

Since this display, no page of Prestools can be accessed and no login screen appears. What can I do? Already deleted htaccess with no effect.

Cheers.

Hi Comfuse,

Thank you for your error report.

It appeared to be some bug in unused code that my php version didn't object against.

I have uploaded a fix.

Cheers,

M

functions1.php

Hi , thank you for sharing , this script is very usefull.

I have a question , there is a way to mass update the image to combination?

Thank you very much

Hi,

thank you for fixing the function1.php so quickly. Now the suite works a treat, except for quite a few pages that still show "You cannot call the program this way by addressing the root. Address one of the files!" when I choose the page from the navigation, i.e. "Imgaes Edit", "Feature List", "Category revenue" et cetera. Is this because of Prestools running in the free version?

In addition to that I think I might have forgotten a thing or two about your license model: Is the editing and "mass" updating of combinations included in the free version or do I have to buy a plugin for that? I only found "Copy / Delete combinations" as a plugin, so is the combination editing included in the free version?

Cheers.

13 hours ago, bakko88 said:

I have a question , there is a way to mass update the image to combination?

Good to hear you like the script.

What do you mean with "mass update the image to combination"?

5 hours ago, comfuse said:

Hi,

thank you for fixing the function1.php so quickly. Now the suite works a treat, except for quite a few pages that still show "You cannot call the program this way by addressing the root. Address one of the files!" when I choose the page from the navigation, i.e. "Imgaes Edit", "Feature List", "Category revenue" et cetera. Is this because of Prestools running in the free version?

In addition to that I think I might have forgotten a thing or two about your license model: Is the editing and "mass" updating of combinations included in the free version or do I have to buy a plugin for that? I only found "Copy / Delete combinations" as a plugin, so is the combination editing included in the free version?

Cheers.

Hi Comfuse,

You should see the "You cannot call the program this way" message only when you type the url of the Prestools directory. So for example "www.shop.com/admin/prestools/" instead of "www.shop.com/admin/prestools/product-edit.php" or something similar with another filename (index.php counts as the root). It is likely that some files in your installation are missing and that your system redirects you to the root. However, this is not normal and those files should be there. The only paid sections are parts of product-edit and combi-copy/delete.

This brings me to your second question. The difference between the paid and the free version for combi-edit/delete is that in the free version you can do it for one product at a time while in the paid version you can apply it to lists of products or categories at once.

Hi, I guess I should upload the suite again in this case and make sure the file count is identical ;) I will check it again. Good to know that it's no limitation of the free version.

Which plugin or plugin package should we choose if we mainly wanted to manage / update our huge catalogue of combinations?

Cheers.

3 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Good to hear you like the script.

What do you mean with "mass update the image to combination"?

I mean like :

All attribute "white" > "IMAGE"

Actualy i m doing it manualy , but i have products with Size and Color , and i must put in like 200 differents image 

On 3/11/2021 at 6:30 PM, bakko88 said:

I mean like :

All attribute "white" > "IMAGE"

Actualy i m doing it manualy , but i have products with Size and Color , and i must put in like 200 differents image 

I made a new version with some changes in combi-edit. Is that what you want?

Posted (edited)

Hello @musicmaster

When I run Prestools I get this error: 

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/accountest/public_html/admin123/prestools/product-edit.php on line 502

Running PHP 7.4

Prestashop version: 1.7.7.2.

Prestools version 1.29h.

Release date: 9-mar-2021.

MySQL version 5.7.33

If I run PHP 7.2 the error disappears. 

-----

FOUND A SOLUTION

I run a database cleanup and found some empty categories which when I removed the error was gone.

Edited by remalia
fixed it (see edit history)

On 3/12/2021 at 9:09 PM, musicmaster said:

I made a new version with some changes in combi-edit. Is that what you want?

That's is perfect! Thank you 

It would be even better if I could select multiple images at a time, now I can only do this with one image.

But I guess that's not possible

1 hour ago, bakko88 said:

That's is perfect! Thank you 

It would be even better if I could select multiple images at a time, now I can only do this with one image.

But I guess that's not possible

Glad you like it.

You have multi-image mode at row level. To introduce it in the mass edit seems to me a too marginal improvement.

21 hours ago, remalia said:

Hello @musicmaster

When I run Prestools I get this error: 

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/accountest/public_html/admin123/prestools/product-edit.php on line 502

Running PHP 7.4

Prestashop version: 1.7.7.2.

Prestools version 1.29h.

Release date: 9-mar-2021.

MySQL version 5.7.33

If I run PHP 7.2 the error disappears. 

-----

FOUND A SOLUTION

I run a database cleanup and found some empty categories which when I removed the error was gone.

Thank you for your report.

It is not exactly clear what happens here. What is on line 502? And why should empty categories be a problem?

1 hour ago, musicmaster said:

Thank you for your report.

It is not exactly clear what happens here. What is on line 502? And why should empty categories be a problem?

Apparently its keeps on now with this error.. .

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/prestools/product-edit.php on line 501

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/prestools/product-edit.php on line 502

The only thing "new" since this error appeared I imported products from an XML file.

It now states: You have 7906 unindexed products. And askes me to re-index these products.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, remalia said:

Apparently its keeps on now with this error.. .

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/prestools/product-edit.php on line 501

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/prestools/product-edit.php on line 502

The only thing "new" since this error appeared I imported products from an XML file.

It now states: You have 7906 unindexed products. And askes me to re-index these products.

You don't have the latest version. So I cannot determine what is on the line number. I have made a fix that assumes missing naming for a category in your database. Can you try it?

In the backoffice you can look under Settings-> Search whether Prestashop misses those indexes too. You can also try on the frontside to search for some of the newly imported products.

product-edit.php

23 hours ago, musicmaster said:

You don't have the latest version. So I cannot determine what is on the line number. I have made a fix that assumes missing naming for a category in your database. Can you try it?

In the backoffice you can look under Settings-> Search whether Prestashop misses those indexes too. You can also try on the frontside to search for some of the newly imported products.

product-edit.php 148.16 kB · 0 downloads

YES!!

It fixes the error :) 

Keep looking on this issue and will report back if something else happens.

• 4 weeks later...

Prestools keeps getting better. It is now at version 1.29n.

Among the latest additions were a Customizations plugin, csv export for Products Sold and different approaches for the editing of accessories and suppliers.

The plugins are getting improved too. The latest versions are:

carriers-1.01
combi copy and delete-1.02
customizations-1.00
discounts-1.04
features-1.02  
image cleanup-1.01
images-1.04   
multishop-1.04
super package-1.28
suppliers-1.08
tags-1.04
virtual-1.02

If you bought one in the past you can login into your customer account and download the latest version.

Yesterday I purchased the Features extension.
Installation succes.

But the mutations are not altered in the database.
I tried as described in the manual.

Also other ways, but the results are that after "submit all" there is stated that there are mutations, but after that in the query-page, the changes are not altered.

I use the feature edit, get the otions to change the features.
Tried "submit row" (and also without this option)
And after that I do "submit all".

Is this a user-related problem? 🙂 Or something else?

Addition:

All other mutations (Name, category etc.) are changed correctly, so it could not be a permission problem on the database.

Prestashop version: 1.7.7.2. Prestools version 1.29e

Edited by Siku73 (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Siku73 said:

Yesterday I purchased the Features extension.
Installation succes.

But the mutations are not altered in the database.
I tried as described in the manual.

Also other ways, but the results are that after "submit all" there is stated that there are mutations, but after that in the query-page, the changes are not altered.

I use the feature edit, get the otions to change the features.
Tried "submit row" (and also without this option)
And after that I do "submit all".

Is this a user-related problem? 🙂 Or something else?

Addition:

All other mutations (Name, category etc.) are changed correctly, so it could not be a permission problem on the database.

Prestashop version: 1.7.7.2. Prestools version 1.29e

Sorry for this problem. The cause was in product-edit. As there are related changes in several files: can you download the latest version?