musicmaster

FREE script - Prestools-Suite mass edit order - Edit and much more

On 5/20/2018 at 4:26 AM, lemonlimesupply said:

If there isn't a quicker way, is there a way to bring up more than one product by the product id field and then filter by the combination and then update them that way?

There is one thing you can do with Prestools: you can search for all the products that possess a certain attribute.

1 hour ago, turbogizzmo said:

Maybe I missed it in this thread but why cant I edit parent? I just have hide and show as a option but not edit....

If you change the parent of a category you change the tree. In the process things can go wrong: just imagine A being parent of B and B being parent of A. It is also quite complex: when you change the structure of the tree the tree flow (the nleft and nright fields in the database) has to be recalculated. 

So it is both complex and tricky. In that context I have preferred to work on other parts of the software where you have more benefit with less work and risk.

With the 1.21u version Features are now also supported for the 1.7.3 version of Prestashop. Mass update doesn't work yet.

In accordance with the policy that new plugins are free the first few days you could find the updated Features plugin for Prestools attached - no longer. 

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

23 hours ago, musicmaster said:

If you change the parent of a category you change the tree. In the process things can go wrong: just imagine A being parent of B and B being parent of A. It is also quite complex: when you change the structure of the tree the tree flow (the nleft and nright fields in the database) has to be recalculated. 

So it is both complex and tricky. In that context I have preferred to work on other parts of the software where you have more benefit with less work and risk.

Thanks for the details!  I was exploring the DB with a colleague yesterday to figure out how to fix a bunch of categories that imported with no parent. He made the comment that we would need to better understand what nleft/nright was doing in order to make changes and it would be best to just remove them all and add it back. 

2 hours ago, turbogizzmo said:

Thanks for the details!  I was exploring the DB with a colleague yesterday to figure out how to fix a bunch of categories that imported with no parent. He made the comment that we would need to better understand what nleft/nright was doing in order to make changes and it would be best to just remove them all and add it back. 

There is some function somewhere in the Prestashop code that does that. 

Your site is currently down. I need to buy discounts plugin. How can I do that?

Regards,

Manuel

37 minutes ago, mbrionesc said:

Regards,

Manuel

Hi Manuel,

I had a few complications when upgrading in a time that I am also busy with other thing. I expect the site to be online within a few hours. If you can wait so long you can pm me and I will send you payment instructions by pm.

Regards,

M

The 

5 hours ago, mbrionesc said:

The shop is online again

4 hours ago, Kristian said:

HELLO THERE!

SINCE THIS IS PAID, but it's still open source, I edited the source of product-proc.php so that we can edit the shipping options without buying the full version.

FREE CARRIER EDIT NO NEED TO GIVE 30€ FOR SIMPLE STUFF!

I have attached the edited product-proc.php

it still screams that capitalist demo version message when you edit carriers, BUT, the changes you make are actually saved because I edited it, and guess what... IT'S FREE FOR EVERYBODY NOW <3 !

FREE! FREE! FREE!

Thanks guys!

musicmaster - make ur software free!

product-proc.php

Hello Kristian,

Good to hear that you like Prestools so much.

It is a pity that you are using your programming genius only for rather destructive purposes. I am convinced that you would make more people happy when you helped develop new extensions for Prestools such as image edit or the combination edit that someone asked for a few posts ago. 

I have to disappoint you in one aspect: Prestools is not opensource in the way you assume. It doesn't carry an opensource license. So you do not have the right to offer a copy of product-proc.php in the forum. So please remove it as soon as possible.

Of course you are free to offer your code separately.

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2018 at 3:00 PM, musicmaster said:

With the 1.21u version Features are now also supported for the 1.7.3 version of Prestashop. Mass update doesn't work yet.

In accordance with the policy that new plugins are free the first few days you could find the updated Features plugin for Prestools attached - no longer. 

Trying out the feature edit and get this when I click edit <span title="1134">value</span> then when I change to what I want it doesn't save

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your feedback.

I cannot reproduce your problem that you see content with <span>. I need more information or access to your installation to see what is happening.

Features is a paid plugin. It has been changed for PS 1.7.3. So if you had bought the plugin previously you need to login to your account and download the latest version.

Hello,

I just read this post and it reminded me of an issue I have.

I honestly don't know if it's always been like it or not.

I use features for passing information to Fastbay our ebay module.

When I am updating the features using Prestools, it doesn't usually change ALL of the information.

Prestools allows me to edit the fields and I use the mass update to change what I need across various and fields then I click submit all.

I don't know if it's a memory issue my side or what might cause it but when the page refreshes after submitting, not everything that I filled will be populated and I will have to keep repeating the process until it's all done.

Sometimes I will try to do 1000 items at a time but I can't recall if there has been an occasion with less items where it has completed properly.

Kind regards Simon

Prestashop version: 1.6.1.3. Prestools version 1.21m. Release date: 6-mar-2018. PHP version 5.6.36 and MySQL version 5.5.56-MariaDB
Prestools full version

Hi Simon,

If you send 1000 items you have a good chance that your PHP script will timeout. Most standalone servers have a timeout of 20 seconds and for shared servers it can be easily shorter. With 1000 records and something as complicated as features a timeout is quite likely.

You can easily see it for yourself. You can go back to the same list and see whether below a certain record everything has still the old value. You can also look in the result window for a timeout message. It may help to switch Verbose on to see how many records are handled.

With the set_time_limit() command you can extend the timeout period. At the top of the product-proc.php script you will find "set_time_limit ( 60 );". That sets a 60 seconds timeout. You can make this as large as you want. However, on a shared hosting your provider may overrule this.

On 6/4/2018 at 1:16 AM, josh@nerdopia.co.uk said:

Trying out the feature edit and get this when I click edit <span title="1134">value</span> then when I change to what I want it doesn't save

Maybe you should refresh your page with ctrl-F5. You may have loaded an old version of the javascript file.

9 hours ago, josh@nerdopia.co.uk said:

That did it! sorry I forgot to try that :( 

It is always good to get feedback. For everyone complaining there are probably ten people who just conclude that "it doesn't work" and give up.

I have now renamed the js file so that this problem won't happen again.

Hi musicmaster,

I have found another possible bug. When I export csv, I got a category field like this:

"Green,Watches,Watches,Watches,Watches - large dial5,Watches - large dial5,Watches - large dial5,Metal straps9,Metal straps9,Metal straps9"

1. The category name is written 3 times. Eg. "Watches,Watches,Watches". Some of the categories are ok (like the "Green" on the beginning).

2. On the end of some category names there is a number - category ID. Like "Metal straps9". Not all categories has number on the end.

EDIT: My mistake, its not a bug. Script adds a number to the category when there are duplicate category names.

3. The "Green" is the end subcategory. Should be on the end, not on the beginning.

Quite a lot, sorry.

Thanks,

Edited by Lib_one (see edit history)

Just had a chance to try a few things.

I just tried 1000 items populating a feature.

When I used verbose it showed "1000 Records - of which 1000 submitted."

It shows as "Finished successfully!"

BUT

When I went back to the main screen it showed that only around 350 items had that value filled.

Definitely no timeout.

Kind regards simon

On 04/06/2018 at 1:34 PM, musicmaster said:

Hi Simon,

If you send 1000 items you have a good chance that your PHP script will timeout. Most standalone servers have a timeout of 20 seconds and for shared servers it can be easily shorter. With 1000 records and something as complicated as features a timeout is quite likely.

You can easily see it for yourself. You can go back to the same list and see whether below a certain record everything has still the old value. You can also look in the result window for a timeout message. It may help to switch Verbose on to see how many records are handled.

With the set_time_limit() command you can extend the timeout period. At the top of the product-proc.php script you will find "set_time_limit ( 60 );". That sets a 60 seconds timeout. You can make this as large as you want. However, on a shared hosting your provider may overrule this.

Edited by Maldon Jewellery (see edit history)

I just tried 500 and NON verbose.

As the screen changed I quickly copied the results and it showed as below.

So it looks like it actually did 330 ish

======
Go back to product-edit page
500 Records - of which 500 submitted.
*0: 1
*1: 1

all the way 20 330

*330: 1
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

367-1,367-1, 
367-1,367-1,367-1,367-1,367-1,367-1,367-1,367-1,367-1,367-1,Time is now 05:06:35 
Finished successfully!

11 hours ago, Lib_one said:

Hi musicmaster,

I have found another possible bug. When I export csv, I got a category field like this:

"Green,Watches,Watches,Watches,Watches - large dial5,Watches - large dial5,Watches - large dial5,Metal straps9,Metal straps9,Metal straps9"

1. The category name is written 3 times. Eg. "Watches,Watches,Watches". Some of the categories are ok (like the "Green" on the beginning).

2. On the end of some category names there is a number - category ID. Like "Metal straps9". Not all categories has number on the end.

EDIT: My mistake, its not a bug. Script adds a number to the category when there are duplicate category names.

3. The "Green" is the end subcategory. Should be on the end, not on the beginning.

Quite a lot, sorry.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Most likely it will take a few days before I can have a look.

I do have a few questions:

- category names are written three times. Do you have an idea why this is? Maybe three shops or three languages?

- what is an "end subcategory"?

4 hours ago, Maldon Jewellery said:

======

all the way 20 330

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

367-1,367-1, 
367-1,367-1,367-1,367-1,367-1,367-1,367-1,367-1,367-1,367-1,Time is now 05:06:35 
Finished successfully!

I will have a look on how to make this clearer. But this is a timeout. Try with verbose on (verbose hardly takes any time as it doesn't do extra database operations) and you will see that there are no database operations for those after 350.

9 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Most likely it will take a few days before I can have a look.

I do have a few questions:

- category names are written three times. Do you have an idea why this is? Maybe three shops or three languages?

- what is an "end subcategory"?

Hi,

Your`re awesome, You solved the problems without touching the code ;)

1. Indeed there was 3 shops. I have changed this and it works as it should.

2. By "end subcategory" I mean the last category in the category tree. Like Category1->SubCat1->Subcat2, where SubCat2 is the last one, at the end.

BUT I found that the first category showed in csv is a default category. In my case default category was "Subcat2" and csv looked like this: Subcat2,Category1,Subcat1, which I was considered as a bug. But its not a bug, its just how it works.

Sorry for bothering you. Did I mention you`re awesome? :)

Thanks!

On 6/8/2018 at 6:30 PM, Maldon Jewellery said:

======

all the way 20 330

367-1,367-1, 
Finished successfully!

I try to understand what is happening here but I really need more info:

- which changes were submitted?

- what do you see with verbose?

Thankyou. Thankyou. Thankyou.

I thought I would bring this back to the forum rather than PM you.

I managed to work out how to edit the php.ini (Eventually)

Whichever I tried editing via ftp never seemed to increase the max_input_vars

I went to plesk and added it.

Refreshed the phpinfo and showed the increase.

I then went and mass edited 1000 products on prestools, setting one feature.

All populated and once updated the verbose showed that all were changed.

I then double checked the sort of summary line and before the change showed

100-1099 of 4287 (3957 Active)

after the mass update

100-1099 of 3297 (2957 Active)

Once again thankyou.!!!!

===============

I think I get it.

The problem is likely max_input_vars in your php.ini file. This is likely set to 1000 and with three variables per product that means about 330.

==============

Had a quick question about one of the integrity checks features.  It says I have 6626 Products in ps2_product that are not in ps2_category_product.  When I click checkbox and run, it continues to tell me I have the same number.  it says it is repairing but doesnt seem to be:

NW SELECT id_shop FROM ps2_shop ORDER BY active,id_shop
SELECT p.id_product, p.id_shop_default FROM ps2_product p LEFT OUTER JOIN ps2_product_shop ps on p.id_product=ps.id_product WHERE ps.id_shop is null AND p.id_product IN (6626) ORDER BY p.id_product
SELECT id_lang FROM ps2_lang ORDER BY id_lang
SELECT p.id_product FROM ps2_product p LEFT OUTER JOIN ps2_product_lang pl on p.id_product=pl.id_product AND pl.id_shop =1 AND pl.id_lang=1 WHERE pl.id_shop is null AND p.id_product IN (6626) ORDER BY p.id_product
SELECT DISTINCT ps.id_product,ps.id_shop FROM ps2_product_shop ps LEFT OUTER JOIN ps2_product p on p.id_product=ps.id_product WHERE p.id_shop_default is null AND ps.id_product IN (6626) ORDER BY ps.id_product
SELECT id_product,id_lang,1 FROM ps2_product_lang WHERE TRIM(name)='' AND id_product IN (6626) ORDER BY id_product
SELECT DISTINCT p.id_product, p.id_category_default FROM ps2_product p LEFT OUTER JOIN ps2_category_product cp on p.id_product=cp.id_product WHERE p.id_shop_default is null AND p.id_product IN (6626) ORDER BY p.id_product

repairing

Any thoughts? Configuration issue on my end?  I am running triple_edit-1.21t.

Hello, I have a question.
Prestools Suite have csv import options or just export?
Thank you.

Could anyone help me with this issue.

If I edit a few products with Prestools, it's all good and saves, but if I go to Prestashop and try to edit then I get meta_description is not valid.

It's only some products but a pain in the arse.

I have tried deleting the text and different browsers and illegal characters etc etc etc but nothing works apart from prestools.

Once I save it in prestools, although the text is changed, I still can't save in prestashop without the error popping up.

Property Product->meta_description is not valid

Hello musicmaster,

Thanks again for the script, its great.

The last version i was using (1.16B) worked fine but I updated to the last (1.21V) and there is a problem.

When i do a Search on CATEGORY EDIT i get - MySQL error 1054: Unknown column 'l.name' in 'where clause'

I'm running prestashop 1.6.1.19

Regards!

On 6/15/2018 at 8:26 AM, Eusebio100 said:

Hello, I have a question.
Prestools Suite have csv import options or just export?
Thank you.

Just export.

1 hour ago, cossamus said:

When i do a Search on CATEGORY EDIT i get - MySQL error 1054: Unknown column 'l.name' in 'where clause'

Thanks for catching this bug. I hope to post an upgrade within a day.

1 hour ago, Maldon Jewellery said:

If I edit a few products with Prestools, it's all good and saves, but if I go to Prestashop and try to edit then I get meta_description is not valid.

It's only some products but a pain in the arse.

I have tried deleting the text and different browsers and illegal characters etc etc etc but nothing works apart from prestools.

Once I save it in prestools, although the text is changed, I still can't save in prestashop without the error popping up.

Property Product->meta_description is not valid

It is hard to say anything about that without direct access. Can you pm me?

One question: do you have multi-language? In that case the problem might be in the "other" language.

I want to THANK YOU wholeheartedly. I've had issues with combinations from day 1 with this software and my business has not been able to afford the $100's in modules recommended to deal with these issues. My products can have up to 10,000 combinations.

I installed your script a short while ago after my second website (built on 1.7.3) completely blocked access to a product that I had spent a lot of time writing up and customizing. Previously on presta 1.6 I would not lose access to the product, it just would not fully load so I would be able to change and remove combinations. In 1.7, once I get too many combinations, now I just get a 500 error which was very upsetting. I didn't want to have to delete and recreate it with less combinations. Installing presstools worked like a charm. I was able to finish the customizations and quantities on the combinations and activate the product for sale. Loading time on the product seems fine as well. After looking at your user guide and the depth of the script you have obviously put a lot of time into this (obviously since 2012 was the first post in this thread). I will be installing this on my first presta site as well and I will finally be able to make the products the way I had planned to originally. 

Personally, it means A LOT to me. For how long this has been around and how much research I have put into dealing with the combination issue I can't believe I hadn't found this yet. 

Thank you again!

Neph
PickAPolish.com
Personaliz3DTouch.com

Side note for anyone installing on cPanel: When I unzipped the presstools suite in my admin folder on the server it put all the files IN my admin folder. I'm used to a PC unzip that automatically puts the files in a subfolder with the same name as the zip folder. Instantly my backend was down because the index.php and .htaccess were overwritten. Thankfully I was smart enough to replace those 2 files from a fresh 1.7 file system but it was scary for a moment. Always create your subfolder first and unzip into that.

Edited by Nepherael (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nepherael said:

I want to THANK YOU wholeheartedly. I've had issues with combinations from day 1 with this software and my business has not been able to afford the $100's in modules recommended to deal with these issues. My products can have up to 10,000 combinations.

I installed your script a short while ago after my second website (built on 1.7.3) completely blocked access to a product that I had spent a lot of time writing up and customizing. Previously on presta 1.6 I would not lose access to the product, it just would not fully load so I would be able to change and remove combinations. In 1.7, once I get too many combinations, now I just get a 500 error which was very upsetting. I didn't want to have to delete and recreate it with less combinations. Installing presstools worked like a charm. I was able to finish the customizations and quantities on the combinations and activate the product for sale. Loading time on the product seems fine as well. After looking at your user guide and the depth of the script you have obviously put a lot of time into this (obviously since 2012 was the first post in this thread). I will be installing this on my first presta site as well and I will finally be able to make the products the way I had planned to originally. 

Personally, it means A LOT to me. For how long this has been around and how much research I have put into dealing with the combination issue I can't believe I hadn't found this yet. 

Thank you again!

Neph
PickAPolish.com
Personaliz3DTouch.com

Thank you for the compliments. Good to hear that it helps you so much.

Good luck with your shops.

Hello,

I've installed script by the instructions. When I type "www.myshop.com/myadmin/mydir/login1.php" (of course changed for my shop) it starts to download "login1.php" file.

What should I do?

Hi Krenciol,

I have never before heard a story like that. PHP files are supposed to be executed - not downloaded - on a server. Having php files downloadable is just puzzling: most websites wouldn't run and it would also be a security risk.

Some thoughts that might help:

- did you try to run other files like product-edit.php?

- did it run ok at least once?

- could it be some anti-malware software that is interfering

- when you look at the downloaded file: is it indeed the same file as on the server?

BTW: what Prestashop version are you running?

Hello,

thank you for the reply.

It is strange. Wherever i put files on the server it starts to download the files instead of execute (even outside the PS storage)

I've tried to run other files - they are the same as on the server.

OK, it works! I've deleted the . htaccess and it started to work properly :)

• Like 1

Hello,

I have this error when I try to "Search by order"

MySQL error 1052: Column 'date_add' in where clause is ambiguous
Generated by URL '/leo/order-search.php'
with Query 'SELECT cm.*,ct.id_order FROM ipkb_customer_message cm LEFT JOIN ipkb_customer_thread ct ON cm.id_customer_thread=ct.id_customer_thread WHERE cm.id_customer_thread IN (25) AND (date_add>='2018-07-01' OR date_upd>='2018-07-01')

3 hours ago, leo-phone said:

Hello,

I have this error when I try to "Search by order"

MySQL error 1052: Column 'date_add' in where clause is ambiguous
Generated by URL '/leo/order-search.php'
with Query 'SELECT cm.*,ct.id_order FROM ipkb_customer_message cm LEFT JOIN ipkb_customer_thread ct ON cm.id_customer_thread=ct.id_customer_thread WHERE cm.id_customer_thread IN (25) AND (date_add>='2018-07-01' OR date_upd>='2018-07-01')

Hi, thanks for reporting this issue.

I have uploaded a new version that fixes it.

• Like 1

I have a problem with replace a piece of text in the short_description at PS 1.7.4.0

When i want to do that he replace all text indeed of only the piece i want.

see screens.

I hope you can solve this.

thanks

bug.PNG

bug2.PNG

Hi Queenfan,

I tried with an older PS version but I cannot reproduce this error. 

Is it possible for you to give me direct access?

19 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Hi Queenfan,

I tried with an older PS version but I cannot reproduce this error. 

Is it possible for you to give me direct access?

With the older PS version it works normally, not with 1.7.4.0 i think.

I cannot imagine how things should work differently under 1.7.4. Prestools does not use the code that has been changed in the new version.

My first attempts to install 1.7.4 all failed and I am quite busy with other things. So it may take some time before I can check this under 1.7.4 myself.

5 hours ago, Queenfan.nl said:

I tried it with a half finished installation (the best I can get...) and I saw what you see. I will have a look tomorrow.

23 hours ago, Queenfan.nl said:

ok, I solved it and uploaded a new version. 

Something had gone wrong with the code update that handled the new feature-options in 1.7.3. That is now fixed.

Hello,

After updating Prestashop 1.6 to latest version 1.6.1.20, I'm getting this error- Fatal error: Cannot redeclare imagecreatefrombmp() in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/admin/Prestools/functions1.php on line 452

I'm using this module from a long time and never had any problem, but after updating the prestashop I'm not able to login to the module.

Please help.

Thank you so much!

Kind Regards

5 hours ago, zameer said:

Hello,

After updating Prestashop 1.6 to latest version 1.6.1.20, I'm getting this error- Fatal error: Cannot redeclare imagecreatefrombmp() in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/admin/Prestools/functions1.php on line 452

Hi zameer,

I am not sure what happens. Maybe you are mixing up two version of Prestools where that function is located in different files. My advice would be to try to install and configure Prestools anew in an empty directory - using the latest version.

On 7/13/2018 at 12:12 PM, musicmaster said:

ok, I solved it and uploaded a new version. 

Something had gone wrong with the code update that handled the new feature-options in 1.7.3. That is now fixed.

You are number 1, thanks

13 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

Hi zameer,

I am not sure what happens. Maybe you are mixing up two version of Prestools where that function is located in different files. My advice would be to try to install and configure Prestools anew in an empty directory - using the latest version.

Hello MusicMaster,

Thanks for your reply, I was using an older version without any problem, but I started getting this error after updating the prestashop to the latest 1.6.1.20 version, so I thought the older version of Prestools is not supporting the new prestashop version, so I deleted the older version and uploaded the latest version of the Prestools but getting the same error.

But I realize that I've also updated the PHP version to 7.2, and that was causing the issue, I've changed it back to version 7.0 and its working fine now.

Thank you so much for providing such a useful module.

Kind Regards

Zameer

On 7/17/2018 at 4:28 PM, zameer said:

But I realize that I've also updated the PHP version to 7.2, and that was causing the issue, I've changed it back to version 7.0 and its working fine now.

I made an update that should fix the 7.2 imagecreatefrombmp problem.

1 hour ago, musicmaster said:

I made an update that should fix the 7.2 imagecreatefrombmp problem.

Thank you so much! GREATLY appreciated :)

Kind Regards

Zameer

musicmasterThank You! It's amazing!
I had to spend 100+ hours working hard with CSV export, then edit and import. Every mass change was like a torture - until now! 

My Hosting (Serverplan.com) is giving a malware alert (cPanel is refusing to upload the file even).
The message is:

prestools/login1.php
{HEX}Malware.Expert.generic.eval.file.get.contents.1.UNOFFICIAL FOUND

Could be a false positive, but i don't know what is triggering the event.

Edited by zod (see edit history)

Hi, I have problem.

I try mass update description and i : 

• Select a field -> description
  • Select an action -> Insert before
  • I insert -> 
    <table class="table-data-sheet">

Then i click "update all editable records" and all is fine,

But when i click "Submit All" something strange happens. Look at attach 14.jpg 

Before added 

<p></p>

And script add my code after and add </table> 

[...my_code...]<table class="table-data-sheet"></table>

Why does he complete the syntax?

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

@Zod

It looks like your server's anti-malware software didn't like the way I read the parameters file of Prestashop 1.7 with an eval command.

So I have uploaded an update that uses the same method as Prestashop. Please notify me when you still get problems with this.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Sasni said:

Hi, I have problem.

I try mass update description and i : 

• Select a field -> description
  • Select an action -> Insert before
  • I insert -> 

<table class="table-data-sheet">

Then i click "update all editable records" and all is fine,

But when i click "Submit All" something strange happens. Look at attach 14.jpg 

Before added 

<p></p>

And script add my code after and add </table> 

[...my_code...]<table class="table-data-sheet"></table>

Why does he complete the syntax?

As you will understand just adding a simple "table" tag without its closing equivalent will completely destroy your page layout in the shop front. For that reason I have added some javascript code that balances the html before it is submitted.

The problem of the code that you want to submit is that it is not valid html. Of course the correction is rather rude but for the great majority of the people it works.

If you know some html you might want to customize the software. The function used (in product-edit4.js) is tidy_html(). It has just three lines:

function tidy_html(html) {
    var d = document.createElement('div');
    d.innerHTML = html;
    return d.innerHTML;
}

10 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

As you will understand just adding a simple "table" tag without its closing equivalent will completely destroy your page layout in the shop front.

I understand this, but I get a description in an XML file in an unreadable form and I have to format it somehow.

Thanks for this tip :)

format.JPG

Hi Musicmaster, thank you for the quick reply. Updated version fixed the problem.

There is a little CSS fix about tables. The X button in the first cell is not centered.
Problem is the inline style="width:4px". That is forcing size.

Code where to remove the inline style is this:

<td id="trid'.$x.'" changed="0"><input type="button" value="X" style="width:4px" onclick="RemoveRow('.$x.')" title="Hide line from display" /><input type=hidden name="id_category'.$x.'" value="'.$datarow['id_category'].'"></td>

The list of files with this string is:
cat-edit.php
combi-edit.php
orders-eu-tax.php
prodcombi-edit.php
product-edit.php
url-seo-edit.php

On 3.09.2012 at 2:52 PM, musicmaster said:

Prestools Suite is a suite of user-friendly and very powerful tools to mass edit your products, orders and categories. It has also many other functions. It is a kind of Swiss Army knife that runs outside Prestashops backoffice. The ultimate tool for maintaining your shop.

The main parts are:

product-edit: great options for mass editing more than 50 product fields. Add categories, change prices, update descriptions - for hundreds of products at once.

product csv: a very flexible tool to generate csv files.

product-sort: an easy way to sort products inside a category. From position 500 to 1 in a blink. With the visual sort option you can see immediately how things will look.

order-edit: adding and deleting products and changing prices without problems.

order-search: make a selection on carrier, payment type, status, etc. or just search. With csv export option.

category-edit: useful for editing metadata and descriptions for SEO

combi-edit: assign pictures to your combinations quickly

combi-copy and combi-delete: copy, modify and delete attribute combinations using one product as a template

regenerate images for selections of products

cleanup images: save on disk space by cleaning up images of deleted products

shop rescue: turn off overrides and non-Prestashop modules when due to some bug you can no longer login in the backoffce.

- override-list: get a list of overrides and which modules might own them.

- and a lot of statistics.

Installation: Unzip the downloaded file and copy the resulting files to a subdirectory below your admin directory (do not install as a PS module!).You can access the program in the browser like "www.myshop.com/myadmin/mydir/login1.php". You will be welcomed by a login screen: the default username is "demo@demo.com" and the default password is "opensecret". Please adapt your security settings in the "settings1.php" file. 

There is a demo-installation available. Username and password are the default.

Below you find a view of the product-edit page where the description field has been made editable:

post-302430-0-59832800-1507462714_thumb.jpg

Prestools is compatible with Prestashop 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 and Thirty Bees. An old version for Prestashop 1.4 can be found here.

For product-edit there are a few parts that are standard in demo mode. You can buy plugins at the Prestools website to use them. However, over 95% of the script is free.

Among the files you will find a file prestoolssuite-module.zip. You can install this file as a module. It is a mini-module as the only thing it does is adding a link to your Prestools installation in the Catalog menu in the backoffice.

If you find a problem, please update Prestools to the latest version before you report it here. When reporting, please mention your Prestashop version.

Among the downloads you will find a manual. There is also an introduction video on Youtube (or here) to get started. It could use some polishing but I hope you find it useful..

If you .bought paid plugins and you download a newer version of the free software you should always also download the latest version of the paid plugins.

Follow the installation instructions! This is not a module! 

Prestools_Suite-1.21x4.zip

Prestools-Suite-for-Prestashop-manual.pdf

Nice script. I need to check

On 7/27/2018 at 9:18 AM, zod said:

Hi Musicmaster, thank you for the quick reply. Updated version fixed the problem.

There is a little CSS fix about tables. The X button in the first cell is not centered.
Problem is the inline style="width:4px". That is forcing size.

Code where to remove the inline style is this:

<td id="trid'.$x.'" changed="0"><input type="button" value="X" style="width:4px" onclick="RemoveRow('.$x.')" title="Hide line from display" /><input type=hidden name="id_category'.$x.'" value="'.$datarow['id_category'].'"></td>

The list of files with this string is:
cat-edit.php
combi-edit.php
orders-eu-tax.php
prodcombi-edit.php
product-edit.php
url-seo-edit.php

Hi Zod,

Thank you for the feedback.

I am not so sure about this issue.I try to put a lot of information on a page and every pixel counts. So I am not very enthusiastic about making this field wider. I have been thinking about using an image file instead of a html button. 

On 29/7/2018 at 1:55 PM, musicmaster said:

Hi Zod,

Thank you for the feedback.

I am not so sure about this issue.I try to put a lot of information on a page and every pixel counts. So I am not very enthusiastic about making this field wider. I have been thinking about using an image file instead of a html button. 

Hi Musicmaster, after fix the button is this:

prestool-button.png.8e3f00c261b70ff7620b003b3c372281.png

For me the button is ok, and it is not changing much because it has styles already from the style1.css, so the only thing you are doing with inline 4px width is the bad alignment of the X inside it (because it is behaving weird against padding). Anyway you can control the button size in the css (for example adjusting padding, and/or font size):

input[type="button"] {
    background: #eb6b56;
    border: 1px solid #d14841;
    padding: 3px 8px;
    text-align: center;
    color: #fff;
    transition: all 0.2s ease-out;
}

Edited by zod (see edit history)

Hi, all should works fine?

I ask becouse i try update descripion, and when i click "Submit all" nothing happend.

Prestashop version: 1.6.1.19. Prestools version 1.21x4

qwe.JPG

Hello,

is there a way to update "short_description" of multiple products

with a specific value for example "PASITO" when "short_description" is empty ?

Best regards,

John

On 11/2/2017 at 3:22 PM, musicmaster said:

You can now change line 42 into

if(!isset($input['search_fld1']) || ($input['search_fld1'] == "")) $input['search_fld1'] = "p.reference";

With the last version which is the line I have to change to have as default search field reference code? I tried to edit the product edit.php unsuccesfully
thank you :)

Edited by borisdifiore
not complete question (see edit history)

On 7/31/2018 at 6:23 PM, zod said:

Hi Musicmaster, after fix the button is this:

prestool-button.png.8e3f00c261b70ff7620b003b3c372281.png

For me the button is ok, and it is not changing much because it has styles already from the style1.css, so the only thing you are doing with inline 4px width is the bad alignment of the X inside it (because it is behaving weird against padding). Anyway you can control the button size in the css (for example adjusting padding, and/or font size):

input[type="button"] {
    background: #eb6b56;
    border: 1px solid #d14841;
    padding: 3px 8px;
    text-align: center;
    color: #fff;
    transition: all 0.2s ease-out;
}

That is what I have now. Somehow I cannot find out how I can make the space left of the X smaller.

On 8/11/2018 at 9:24 PM, Sasni said:

Hi, all should works fine?

I ask becouse i try update descripion, and when i click "Submit all" nothing happend.

Prestashop version: 1.6.1.19. Prestools version 1.21x4

qwe.JPG

Hi Sasni,

Yes, everything should work. 

If you want I can have a look what is going wrong at your site. You can pm me the access details.

M

On 8/16/2018 at 11:25 AM, Pasito said:

Hello,

is there a way to update "short_description" of multiple products

with a specific value for example "PASITO" when "short_description" is empty ?

Best regards,

John

Hi John,

Not that I know. You might come close by searching for products where the short_description does NOT contain a "<" or another common character.

Thanks

On 17/8/2018 at 5:05 PM, musicmaster said:

Hi John,

Not that I know. You might come close by searching for products where the short_description does NOT contain a "<" or another common character.

48 minutes ago, Sasni said:

Hi, @musicmaster Its possible to add regular expression to here? 

regilar.JPG

I would have to check. Why don't you just try? As long as you don't submit you can experiment as much as you want.

hi

I installed Prestools_Suite-1.22a in PS 1.7.4.1 and when I click in "edit" a field it is not converting in editable field. 

1.22a is not compatible with PS 1.7.4.1 ?

regards

Edited by seok (see edit history)

9 hours ago, seok said:

hi

I installed Prestools_Suite-1.22a in PS 1.7.4.1 and when I click in "edit" a field it is not converting in editable field. 

1.22a is not compatible with PS 1.7.4.1 ?

regards

The most likely explanation is that your cache has an outdated javascript file that causes problems. Try pressing ctrl-F5 (in WIndows) to force the page to refresh the cached javascript file.

Hello,

im running presta 1.7.4.2 and when I go to module page or script page, im getting blank page.

https://i.imgur.com/axlB2Dx.png

When I turn ON debug mode, it shows nothing. Server log is empty aswell.

Do you know where the problem could be?

10 minutes ago, sooly said:

Hello,

im running presta 1.7.4.2 and when I go to module page or script page, im getting blank page.

https://i.imgur.com/axlB2Dx.png

When I turn ON debug mode, it shows nothing. Server log is empty aswell.

Do you know where the problem could be?

I am not sure that I understand you or that you understand Prestools. Prestools is not a module. So you should not install it as such. There is a mini-module that you can install and that makes it easier to access Prestools from the backoffice. But this is only a helping tool. You should first get Prestools running outside the backoffice. Are you sure you read (and followed) the installation instructions in post #1 of this thread?

Hi Musicmaster,

I have a small problem with exporting csv products: unfortunately, the function exports the name of the category, instead the id_cat.

Now I'm using Prestools 1.22 (+Super Package Plugins) , but, if I remember correctly, the previous version (1.16? 1.20?) exported the category id.

Is there a way to export id_cat?

Thank you.

Hello.

--

SandroR1

13 hours ago, musicmaster said:

The next release will include both. See also attached file.

product-csv.php

Hi Musicmaster,

the update works perfectly (I had no doubts about this) and the id category of the predefined category is the first result. Perfect!

Prestools is absolutely fantastic.

Thank you, thank you very much.

Bye.

--

Sandro

Hello,

I just found this free module, it looks great, please let me know if it can handle the following:

- Update quantities in stock, adding units to previous stock, importing through a .csv file, based on ID or reference.

- Update wholesale prices, prices and discounts through a .csv file, based on ID or reference.

Thank you in advance,

Miguel

Just now, Miguel said:

Hello,

I just found this free module, it looks great, please let me know if it can handle the following:

- Update quantities in stock, adding units to previous stock, importing through a .csv file, based on ID or reference.

- Update wholesale prices, prices and discounts through a .csv file, based on ID or reference.

Thank you in advance,

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

I have to disappoint you. It cannot import csv files.

M

Thank you for your answer!,

Is there any other way with Prestools to make massive updates in stock (incrementing stock, not replacing quantities)?

Thank you!

Miguel

Mister Master,

I got an issue editing a discount in a particular category. Here is the error:

MySQL error 1292: Incorrect datetime value: '' for column 'from' at row 1
Generated by URL '/Mcc_Tiles-2017/prestools/product-proc.php'
with Query 'UPDATE ps_specific_price SET id_currency='0', id_country='0', id_group='0', id_customer='0', price='-1', from_quantity='1', reduction='0.1', reduction_tax='1', reduction_type='percentage', `from`='', `to`='' WHERE id_specific_price='1425' AND id_product='1024' AND id_shop='0' AND id_product_attribute='0''

Do you know what's happening & how can I fix that? Thank you.

10 hours ago, Miguel said:

Thank you for your answer!,

Is there any other way with Prestools to make massive updates in stock (incrementing stock, not replacing quantities)?

Thank you!

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

It depends what kind of stock keeping you use. Prestools cannot handle quantity changes with warehouses. But if you just have stock keeping it can (mass)change quantities. And one of the mass update options is "increase amount" with which you can for example increase the quantities with 100.

M

4 hours ago, Ben90 said:

Mister Master,

MySQL error 1292: Incorrect datetime value: '' for column 'from' at row 1
Generated by URL '/Mcc_Tiles-2017/prestools/product-proc.php'
with Query 'UPDATE ps_specific_price SET id_currency='0', id_country='0', id_group='0', id_customer='0', price='-1', from_quantity='1', reduction='0.1', reduction_tax='1', reduction_type='percentage', `from`='', `to`='' WHERE id_specific_price='1425' AND id_product='1024' AND id_shop='0' AND id_product_attribute='0''

Do you know what's happening & how can I fix that? Thank you.

Hi Ben,

It looks like your shop database doesn't accept an empty datetime value. Most likely this has something to do with software versions. So my question is: what Prestashop version do you use? And which MySql or MariaDb version do you use?

M

Hi guys,

I think I can help you there. Mysql 5.7 default settings doesn't accept empty datetime value.

Here's the commit to correct that issue ( tested and 100% approved by myself ) :

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/6b53a816acc0a47330bdc6cbb1407701613fe2a0#diff-95a0f5b53684e44a4e29a2f17cbdfbb1

More informations in this thread :

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/493398-mysql-57-causes-error-when-ps-try-to-insert-date-as-0000-00-00-000000/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ben90 said:

Mister Master,

Thanks to the input of KevinNash I made an update of login1.php that should solve the problem.

login1.php

With the last update (1.22d) I have introduced something that I have called "ProdCombi". It is a kind of combination edit but then for more than one product. It has all the search functions you know from product-edit but you can only edit the attribute combination fields.

A few functions (image edit, searching only certain attributes) will be added later on. 

17 hours ago, musicmaster said:

With the last update (1.22d) I have introduced something that I have called "ProdCombi". It is a kind of combination edit but then for more than one product. It has all the search functions you know from product-edit but you can only edit the attribute combination fields.

A few functions (image edit, searching only certain attributes) will be added later on. 

Just upgraded to the latest version. It solves all the issue and that ProdCombi is going to be a life saver!

Awesome works, mate! Thanks!

Thank you for this, I have only 1 issue, When i try to add a Virtual Product to an existing order, the order updates successfully, But when checking the order under Order History, it shows the Reference, name, Quantity, Unit Price, but there's no download link for the virtual product.

Edited by Cuball
formatting (see edit history)