FREE script - Prestools-Suite mass edit order - Edit and much more

Hi Musicmaster.

I found a v15 to use! I just jumped back to 16f so you can look I just tested it again and now it's working!!!!

Confused! If it goes again I will let you know! sorry to bother you!

But there was definitely something up I will keep an eye for you!

While i'm here any chance of a few more search boxes? Or an option of how many additional "and" boxes.

My general searches need more than 2 as I set one as active =1 and 1 as qty <=1 and it would be nice to filter some other fields when i'm tweaking certain fields (eg updating my av_later fields once my pre-orders are released and in stock so when they sell out it will be a back-order instead) having additional fields will be a big help :)

Thanks again for the great work and fast reply!!

Josh

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not a module but a script/program. Follow the installation instructions! Prestools Suite is a suite of user-friendly and powerful tools to mass edit your products, orders and categories.

Just wanted to say, once again, thankyou. I was messing around the other day with groups and thought I would create one while trying to do discounts etc. When I logged in to my shop as a cus

Hi, sorry for late answer - do not have much time today. I have product-proc.php in my directory. I uploaded your last file product-edit6 and now is working excellent!!!! Thank You very much for

Posted Images

Hi Musicmaster.

I found a v15 to use! I just jumped back to 16f so you can look I just tested it again and now it's working!!!!

Confused! If it goes again I will let you know! sorry to bother you!

But there was definitely something up I will keep an eye for you!

While i'm here any chance of a few more search boxes? Or an option of how many additional "and" boxes.

My general searches need more than 2 as I set one as active =1 and 1 as qty <=1 and it would be nice to filter some other fields when i'm tweaking certain fields (eg updating my av_later fields once my pre-orders are released and in stock so when they sell out it will be a back-order instead) having additional fields will be a big help :)

Thanks again for the great work and fast reply!!

Josh

Hi Josh,

It may have been caching issue: that your computer used the old version of product-edit.js

As for two search boxes, the option of an "add" button sounds like the kind of solution I like. However, it will be quite some work as the structure of the software needs to be adapted. So don't expect it soon. 

I assume you know that you can use the "sort by" button as an extra selector - for example with the active field.

Regards,

M

Hi musicmaster,

I just saw that if you use combination copy on a target, the target isn't indexed anymore in prestashop search.

I used it a lot 3 weeks ago and I had 25% of my products without search indexation :(

Edited by KevinNash (see edit history)

Yes and that works but I didn't see combination copy deindex the products.

So 25% of my products were not search indexed for 3 weeks, I saw it by luck, doing a search at my shop, with no results.

Hi Kevin,

Sorry to hear about your indexing problems.

When products get changed they need to be reindexed. And setting that flag means in Prestashop that they are no longer visible in search. Normally (for example product-edit) Prestools immediately starts the indexation process after wards. But in this case that code was missing. You wouldn't have noticed if you had used product-edit or cat-edit in the meantime as that would have run the indexation. (that is the reason no one noticed it before).

Anyway, I have made an update. Combi-copy and combi-delete contain now the re-indexation too. And if you are left with too much unindexed products you will now see a warning on all pages.

Hi musicmaster :)

He he please don't be sorry, without your wonderful Prestools I would have lost at least a decade of my life ;)

In fact prestools works too well usually, I knew product-edit and cat-edit handle prestashop indexation perfectly so I didn't think to check it with combi-copy.

Edited by KevinNash (see edit history)

Hi again, I jsut tried but there is an error with the shop index update under PS 1.5.4.1 :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function update_shop_index() in /xxxx/combicopy-proc.php on line 333

The combi-copy was OK but no shop search index

Hiya!

This script is kinda epic, but I have a question :P Sorry m8!

It's possible to have, in the first screen and into the CSV, the Quantity of the combinations?

Or i have always to click on the link to enter inside the product?

Thx!

Hiya!

This script is kinda epic, but I have a question :P Sorry m8!

It's possible to have, in the first screen and into the CSV, the Quantity of the combinations?

Or i have always to click on the link to enter inside the product?

Thx!

Happy that you like the script.

I will keep your wishes in mind.

It would be awesome ( I mean really awesome :) !) to have the combinations informations and edit on the main page.

But honestly I don't really see how you can do it with a clean look ;)

I have combinations on all my products and I must always open a lot of tabs and of course there is the risk to miss some of them actually.

Amazing Powerful script, i have spend over USD 400 for couple plugins that doesn't work, and this one is for free!!!! only if i knew 2 years ago.

i am definitely going to buy the full version

but i wonder is it possible to add multiple features support?

It would be awesome ( I mean really awesome :) !) to have the combinations informations and edit on the main page.

But honestly I don't really see how you can do it with a clean look ;)

I have combinations on all my products and I must always open a lot of tabs and of course there is the risk to miss some of them actually.

The idea is to use the edit mode for that. Combinations don't have an edit mode, so that mode an be used to show quantities. The only disadvantage is that the page will contain a lot of hidden information as long as it is not in edit mode.

Amazing Powerful script, i have spend over USD 400 for couple plugins that doesn't work, and this one is for free!!!! only if i knew 2 years ago.

i am definitely going to buy the full version

but i wonder is it possible to add multiple features support?

What do you mean with multiple features support?

The idea is to use the edit mode for that. Combinations don't have an edit mode, so that mode an be used to show quantities. The only disadvantage is that the page will contain a lot of hidden information as long as it is not in edit mode.

What do you mean with multiple features support?

Multiple features as more than one data in single features, by default prestashop only allow one variable per feature, but there are module allow more than one using "," as seperator 

Multiple features as more than one data in single features, by default prestashop only allow one variable per feature, but there are module allow more than one using "," as seperator 

That is not possible with Prestools - and very likely never will be. It involves changing code - with overrides or hooks - that determine how Prestashop handles the data in its database. Prestools is only about changing the database.

Hello,

My problem is that after approval of changes i have a 404 error.

I work on  Presta 1.6.4.

What am i doing wrong?

best regards,

Slawek

Can you explain your problem better? What are you trying to do when you get a 404? And as a 404 means "file missing" the obvious question is which file it says is missing. You can also pm me if you want.

Hi,

the script works great, thanks!

The only problems I have are related with the use of spanish language. The special characters are displayed incorrectly (for example "informacion" with accent on "o" is displayed información). I can live with that but the main problem is editing as the field get broken when a special character is found. Any workaround to solve the problem?

Hi,

the script works great, thanks!

The only problems I have are related with the use of spanish language. The special characters are displayed incorrectly (for example "informacion" with accent on "o" is displayed información). I can live with that but the main problem is editing as the field get broken when a special character is found. Any workaround to solve the problem?

Hi fram,

I am a bit puzzled by that as everything should be utf-8. Do you have any idea where that goes wrong?

If you pm me access to your site I can have a look myself.

Regards,

M

Hi fram,

I am a bit puzzled by that as everything should be utf-8. Do you have any idea where that goes wrong?

If you pm me access to your site I can have a look myself.

Regards,

M

Sorry I am a newbie and dont't know how to send you a private or wether you want access to my back office or the script. I would need you IP no?

In any case I prefer not doing this unless there is no other ways to try to solve it first. Please see the screen shot and let me know if there is something I could try.

PT-AMscreen.jpg

If you click on my name you will come in another page where there is an option "send a message". That is how PM works.

I would like access to the script and for comparison also to the shop itself - but the front office would be ok for the latter - to check out the problem. 

One possibility might be that you didn't specify utf-8 when you set up the database. Other than that I don't have suggestions at the moment.

Hello!

I'm using the script from a long time and it's working GREAT! I really thankful for you for developing such a useful script.

I just have a request, it would be great if you could add an option to modify the time limit for downloadable products.

currently I've set the time limit to 15 days for all downloadable products, I want to increase this limit but unfortunately there is no any option for doing this in the script.

It will help many people like me who sells digital products.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon  :)

Thank you!

Regards

If you click on my name you will come in another page where there is an option "send a message". That is how PM works.

I would like access to the script and for comparison also to the shop itself - but the front office would be ok for the latter - to check out the problem. 

One possibility might be that you didn't specify utf-8 when you set up the database. Other than that I don't have suggestions at the moment.

Just looked at product_lang and description field is type text utf8_general_ci. Should it be utf8_bin or unicode?

I just have a request, it would be great if you could add an option to modify the time limit for downloadable products.

currently I've set the time limit to 15 days for all downloadable products, I want to increase this limit but unfortunately there is no any option for doing this in the script.

It will help many people like me who sells digital products.

See the new version.

Combination quantities has also been implemented.

• Like 1

In the new release (1.16h1) I have moved the language files from the lang directory down to the main directory. The reason is that I tended to overlook updating the language files when updating the zip file (and I was not the only one...). 

The module works fine ... thank you! However, if installing the minimodule I am getting the following error. I am using php 7.0 ... could this be the reason?

Property Tab->name is empty
at line 954 in file classes/ObjectModel.php

minimodule.jpg

P.S.: Got it working by changing the language for my prestashop backend to English. So it is most likely an i18n problem.

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

I could install the mini-modul by changing the dashboard language to English. But it won't show up in the menu. Anything I am doing wrong?

No, you are right. I never even thought about adapting the module for 1.7. I thought about the - not very different - structure of the database and the different location of the information about the database but I forgot this one.

I am not yet sure when I will find time to have a look at it. It may take some time.

Thank you very much for this powerful tool, only one mistake in actual version (1.16i):

Search with "!IN - not in" does not work - work same as IN. 

P.S. sorry for my english

Thank you very much for this powerful tool, only one mistake in actual version (1.16i):

Search with "!IN - not in" does not work - work same as IN. 

P.S. sorry for my english

Thank you for reporting a bug. It has been repaired.

I just purchased the TRIPLE FEATURE EDIT, but I still get the bar that says "demo mode."

The download instructions said to place the file in the Prestools folder. I did that, but nothing.

Please let me know what else I need to do. Please see the image.EdM-Prestools.png

Thank you. 

Thank you for the quick response. I want to be able to make mass-combinations edit by category. Will the "features" plugin we purchased do this, or do I need to buy the "full" pacakge?

Please let me know. 

Thank you again!

--Ed

The Combination functions (combi-edit. combi-copy and combi-delete) have been updated to make them more useful for products with large numbers (hundreds and more) of combinations. You can now set a maximum number and apply a filter to see only a selection. 

This has been a major rewrite. If you experience any problem please let me know.

Again, I appreciate the prompt response. Unfortunately, the Prestools purchase site isn't very clear as to what one would need to purchaser in order to accomplish certain tasks. There is information, but it is not targeted nor clearly explained. In reality, the best thing to do is to purchase the Prestools Super Package. So my question is now that we have purchased the TRIPLE EDIT, how can we upgrade to the SUPER PACKAGE? Is there an upgrade path?

I forgot to ask - is there a newer version I should upgrade to? I am currently using Prestools Suite 1.15 for Prestashop 1.5 and higher.

Edited by emartinez0131 (see edit history)

Sorry if you find it confusing. When I would explain the meaning of every Prestashop field it would become a long piece of text that almost nobody would read. I try to overcome this by providing most free and providing simulation for the remaining fields.

There is a clear upgrade path. When you put the super package in your shopping cart you will be fully credited for previous purchases. So if you have spent 25 euro on a plugin you will see in your cart for 60 euro.

There is an upgrade of the free software on average every two weeks. The latest version is 1.16j and was uploaded today. The paid plugins are upgraded much less often.

The newest version of the free software has some improvements for products with large numbers of combinations so that could be interesting for you.

Thank you Musicmaster. We have purchased the FULL PACKAGE -- in the first 5 minutes it paid for itself. A very nice, no-nonsense interface. Everything works as it should. Thank you again for all of your prompt responses. I highly recommend Prestools and the FULL PACKAGE plugins. I'll post this on my own blog as well. Kind regards.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, working perfectly on v1.6.1.11. Ah, just for info, is there a sort of comparative table with the features included between the free version and the other ones?

Let me know mate, i appreciate your work!

Edited by Nandos (see edit history)

Thanks a lot, working perfectly on v1.6.1.11. Ah, just for info, is there a sort of comparative table with the features included between the free version and the other ones?

Let me know mate, i appreciate your work!

In the free version you see a message "Some fields (carrier,combinations,discounts,features,suppliers,tags, image cleanup) are in demo mode". That is a good overview of the differences.

The great majority of the functionality - including (mass)editing of prices and descriptions - is free.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

Hello,

I have a problem with the module. At the beginning works perfectly I can make changes.
As soon as you log on for the second time changes no longer enter and change the file name
product-proc.php to product-proc.php.off.php

Someone with that met or know how to solve this problem?

My version of PrestaShop ™ 1.5.6.2

Thank you and Regards,

Hello,

I have a problem with the module. At the beginning works perfectly I can make changes.

As soon as you log on for the second time changes no longer enter and change the file name

product-proc.php to product-proc.php.off.php

Hi,

It looks like you have some anti-spam/anti-virus program active that does this. Prestools uses a rather old-fashioned technology (submitting to iframes and calling the main page from this iframe with javascript) that once was often used by malware. Nowadays that technology has largely been replaced by Ajax and that is so much used for legitimate purposes that nobody would block it.

However, for my purposes the iframe works much better. It allows me to have the window in top right so that you can immediately see when something goes wrong. And it is less hard to debug.

So you should either replace your anti-malware software or tell it that Prestools is legitimate.

It looks like you have some anti-spam/anti-virus program active that does this. Prestools uses a rather old-fashioned technology (submitting to iframes and calling the main page from this iframe with javascript) that once was often used by malware. Nowadays that technology has largely been replaced by Ajax and that is so much used for legitimate purposes that nobody would block it.

Hello,

Thank you for the information and checked hosting, unfortunately antivirus program does not change the file name. It is used only for e-mail.

Can I ask for help in this matter?

Or where can I see what is happening with that?

223e81d28b128.jpg

5872cc36a308f.jpg

Edited by mateow (see edit history)

I tried to look on the internet for similar problems but I  found only this unanswered Stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40465814/file-search-php-is-automatically-renamed-to-search-php-off-php-which-brokes-foru

If you pm me your access data I will have a look. 

Sure I can send you the access data. Please let me know how to send?

Hi,

after installed the "feature" plugin, prestools save changes "random". Sometimes it is not possible to save until I go out and make a login again and sometimes it is not enough. I update to 1.16I but nothing change. The software seems works correctly gave me the illusion that all is done correctly, but when I look to the results the field is always blank.

Can I do something?

Hi,

after installed the "feature" plugin, prestools save changes "random". Sometimes it is not possible to save until I go out and make a login again and sometimes it is not enough. I update to 1.16I but nothing change. The software seems works correctly gave me the illusion that all is done correctly, but when I look to the results the field is always blank.

Can I do something?

This is a new problem to me. Does the rest of Prestools work ok for you - or do you have the same problems elsewhere? And - if you are a bit technical - did you check what happens with verbose on?

There are many possibilities: for example special characters, too much data, or a server with interfering software.

Can I have a look at it myself? You can pm me your access data.

• Like 1

This is a new problem to me. Does the rest of Prestools work ok for you - or do you have the same problems elsewhere? And - if you are a bit technical - did you check what happens with verbose on?

There are many possibilities: for example special characters, too much data, or a server with interfering software.

Can I have a look at it myself? You can pm me your access data.

Did it.

Hi,

Can I do something?

I now encountered a similar problem too. 

The cause is that I recently renamed one of the forms in the product-edit page. That brought also changes in the product-edit.js file. The problem that can happen is that your browser cache still has the older version of product-edit.js. In that case you get a javascript error and row submit won't work. 

The solution is simple: ctrl-F5 in your browser should refresh the cache and solve the problem.

It's possible to remove specific categories with that tool? Looks very good for editing, but i can't find that option.

Yes, what is the problem?

Just remember that a product always needs to be connected to at least one category - that is a Prestashop requirement.

post-302430-0-61261000-1488750853_thumb.jpg

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

My problem has been solved. Thank you musicmaster for your help.
It turned out that the anti-spam program turned the file name. It was necessary to support the hosting of the cause.

Thank you and best regards,

• Like 1

I now encountered a similar problem too. 

The cause is that I recently renamed one of the forms in the product-edit page. That brought also changes in the product-edit.js file. The problem that can happen is that your browser cache still has the older version of product-edit.js. In that case you get a javascript error and row submit won't work. 

The solution is simple: ctrl-F5 in your browser should refresh the cache and solve the problem.

Could be the solution.  Yesterday morning I cleared the cache and I worked all day without problems. Only one thing, mass update for "descriptions" sometimes does not work.

• Like 1

Only one thing, mass update for "descriptions" sometimes does not work.

Is that still a problem? There was a bug that made replacing some special characters (including html closing tags) impossible. That was repaired recently.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for you plugin, it's great.

I encounter two problems:

- when I click to use TinyMCE I have a blank rectangle et nothing appear

- I updated quantity for 20 products last week end. I realize that alert email for quantity didn't send. Same for ebay, need a synchronisation.

Is it normal or is it a bug?

thank you

Excuse me for my bad english

I encounter two problems:

- when I click to use TinyMCE I have a blank rectangle et nothing appear

- I updated quantity for 20 products last week end. I realize that alert email for quantity didn't send. Same for ebay, need a synchronisation.

Your TinyMCE problem is not normal. Do you use a new version of Prestools? Older versions used TinyMCE from the cloud, but at some point TinyMCE changed the url for that service. For that reason it is nowadays included with Prestools. If it is something else: please pm me your access data and I will have a look.

The fact that you didn't receive email alerts is normal. Prestoools works outside the Prestashop framework - directly on the database. So if you have special services like email alerts connected to your data they won't work. Sorry about that.

Is that still a problem? There was a bug that made replacing some special characters (including html closing tags) impossible. That was repaired recently.

No, frankly speaking not. Today I worked with "descriptions" without any problem. Thank you for your assistance and my best regards.

I found some problem, when I buy one product in my stock is one product less and  if I go to the module order edit and delete the product It add 2 products more to my stock. When I buy 2 products and delete it in module order edit it add 4 more products to my stock.

Also in order edit when I change quantity for example from 1 to 3 it is adding to stock 2 products instead of deleting.

Can you fix this?

Edited by konrad_151 (see edit history)

Hi,

Can I do something?

Same problem with 1.16j release (but the file name downloaded is 1.16m2!).

Sometimes does not save the changes. Sometimes it saves the changes, but after the "Submit all" does not refresh the page and it seems that the changes were not saved. Sometimes, after you click on "Submit to" do logout and you need to re-login.

The research, by normal keyword (no special characters) will not work well and offers products that do not link with researched keywords.

Now return to 1.14e2 and see if the problems disappear.

However never thank you enough for this magical and essential scripts.

Thanks Musicmaster!

Hello.

--

Next

@konrad_151: I will look into it. Do you use warehousing?

@SandroR1: Did you try the page refresh solution that was discussed above? 

If you re-install the latest version and send me your credentials (by pm) I will be happy to look with you at the problems that you experience.

@Konrad: I fixed the order-edit  stock-keeping problems.

@everyone: I renamed product-edit.js into product-edit2.js in the new version (1.16n) in order to avoid the previously mentioned browser cache problems.

@SandroR1: Did you try the page refresh solution that was discussed above? 

If you re-install the latest version and send me your credentials (by pm) I will be happy to look with you at the problems that you experience.

Hi Musicamaster,

yes, I have tried it with ctrl + F5, then I deleted the Firefox cache and also the prestashop cache, but unfortunately the problem remained.

Today I install your new version and tell you the results.

Thank you very very very much.

Hello.

-

Sandro R1.

Hi Musicmaster,

even with the release 1.16n there is a problem: the change to the product is successful, but after you have to press ctrl + f5 to display the update.

Thank you.

Hello.

--

Sandro R1

even with the release 1.16n there is a problem: the change to the product is successful, but after you have to press ctrl + f5 to display the update.

I would expect the same behavior after changing products in the Prestashop backoffice. The changes are made, but the caches need to be updated.

@musicmaster, thx for fix, everything is good about that what i write but i found one more problem also with quantity of products. When whe "add new product" in order edit and search for some product it show incorrect quantity of products.

@musicmaster, thx for fix, everything is good about that what i write but i found one more problem also with quantity of products. When whe "add new product" in order edit and search for some product it show incorrect quantity of products.

Hi Konrad,

I am glad to have one thing solved for you. 

However, your point about incorrect quantities puzzles me. It is unfortunately quite common to differences of one or two due to database irregularities. But it shouldn't be beyond that. 

Can you provide me with more details so that I can have a better understanding of what is happening?

Hello musicmaster, I have just uploaded the script and module and seems to work fine so far. Just a problem with the visual ordering of the products. It does not update the new ordering and a error is showing :

Notice: Undefined variable: iso_code in /vdir/................./product-vissort.php on line 48

Seems to be a language problem.

Can you please help me to solve this. Thank you.

Hello musicmaster, I have just uploaded the script and module and seems to work fine so far. Just a problem with the visual ordering of the products. It does not update the new ordering and a error is showing :

Notice: Undefined variable: iso_code in /vdir/................./product-vissort.php on line 48

Seems to be a language problem.

Can you please help me to solve this. Thank you.

@ Konrad: in the new version this should be solved. I have given add-product a bit of an overhaul now.

@smalto: this has been solved too in the new version. It was something that happened only in shops with more than one language.

Thank you for reporting bugs. It helps to keep improving the script.