Server error- file does not exist themes/new-theme/public/index.php

Hi all,

I did a fresh install of 1.7.6.2 and migrated my database from 1.6.

After a few days spent in front of the PC, the front and back office seem to be working alright, but  I keep getting a weird error on the server's error log from time to time. The error seems to be quite random and I don't know if it is linked to an action being done on the website. The error looks like this:

[Fri Dec 27 00:24:40.046042 2019] [:error] [pid 15967:tid 47270165772032] [client xxx.xxx.xx.x:3819] File does not exist: /home/alexispo/public_html/Backoffice/themes/new-theme/public/index.php, referer: https://alexisport.com/Backoffice/index.php/sell/catalog/products/4212?_token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't seem to find much about it online and am really curious to see why it keeps coming up. Any clues?

• 3 years later...
16 hours ago, Pabloporp said:

I'm facing a similar issue, could you fix it?

I'm getting "500 internal server error" everytime I click on costumer service link on backoffice

You have which version, theme, server environment? Since when does that happen?

Thanks for the response guys.

@Nickz Prestashop version 1.7.6.0, classic theme.
Running on LiteSpeed with PHP v7.2.34 (newer versions cause trouble with this prestashop version) and MySQL 5.7.41 (InnoDB engine).

@Prestachamps Got an exception as soon as I clicked "save" after activating debug mode. Screenshot attached. Now everytime I try to access "Performance" to disable debug mode I get that same exception. And customer service keeps throwing error 500 without previous warning or excpetion.

On the server logs the only weird thing is the following:

File not found: [/home/------/public_html/-------/themes/new-theme/public/index.php] 

I replaced sensitive data with hyphens.

Now I'm trying to disable debug mode directly form DB because the front page is no longer working (throws an exception, too long for a screenshot: https://pastebin.com/xPdaygYA)

Captura de pantalla 2023-02-07 131545.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-02-07 131043.png

• 7 months later...

@kungmats If I recall correctly, the issue was my FTP client modifying files or filenames on upload. Uploaded whole site as a ZIP and restored it using hosting's file manager.

About debug mode... I had to disable it manually editing config file directly... Can't recall which file or how I did it... Sorry for the vague answer this was many months ago and as soon as I got it barely working I left it that way... don't have too much time to fiddle on this