Banned?

Winchester Lyon

Question

Hi,

I got banned some how with my first account yesterday. There was no explanation or recourse as to what I did wrong. No access to anything on the forum. If I made some mistake it would be useful to know what it was. I'm not even sure if this is an appropriate place to post this, but as there are no forum or contact or anywhere to resolve such issues, I had no choice.

As I'm quite new to Prestashop, it is quite offsetting to know that one of the few places for help so easily shut you out and without any explanation. The only post I've made was removed from the forums, which means I can't even look bad on it to see if there was anything I said was in poor taste in any way.

I'm not sure if I will get banned again with this account, but if not, I would at least like to know whatever it is that I did wrong so I won't make such a mistake again. I know that posts are approved by moderators before being published, so if my post was offensive in nature, why wouldn't the moderator contact me with at least a warning? Why was it so unforgiving?

16 answers to this question

Hi. I don't think it is my IP, because I'm on that very same connection with this account. I use 2 web browsers mainly. WaterFox (this one) for working on websites and Firefox for regular surfing. I used this one (Waterfox) for this forum. When I got on today, I was banned. I immediately logged in from Firefox and found I was in fact, banned. Checked my emails to see if I missed a message about this, but found none. Searched the Prestashop website to see if I could find out what I could do, but wasn't able to find anything. So, I created this new account to query the situation.

No. I highly doubt it was an IP situation for certain, because my post was deleted as well.

No. I had place no advertisement on any of the 3 posts I've made. The last thing I did was added an avatar which I use for forums which displays my logo. If that was an issue, I would have removed it.

Edited by Winchester Lyon
Additional info (see edit history)

Maybe you was using proxy or two different IP's at same time, I don't know. If some moderator see suspect behavior he will ban without notice. We had several problems in the past with trolling and mass spam on the forum. Some new automatic firewalls were implemented. Other things are up to moderator to immediate ban or not when discovered. BTW new accounts are not able to write without prior moderation. I think it was a ban by mistake and apologize this, if it was so.

Forum rules you will find here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/394154-read-first-forum-rules-and-best-practices/

I don't think so, either. I'm not using any proxy settings or even VPN. Also, if that was the case, I wouldn't be able to post using this new account, especially if the issue was a proxy setting.

I believe this ban was deliberately done by someone, because a proxy setting on my computer would not delete the post I made. As you can see in the attached image (from my emails), this was the last post I received on the questions I had asked in my post. This discussion was on going for the past few days.

prestashop-last post received.jpg

You can change your mail-adress after the period of observation on your account settings. But don't use disposal 10-min Mail-address. Perhaps you was banned for that reason ? A user in UK coming with an Australian IP is same pattern as for trolls or bad behaved guys. Same pattern is a user using disposal mail. Open gmail or other webmail-account with good reputation. Disposal mail addresses we ban.

The email address I use for website site registrations, including on https://addons.prestashop.com, where I've purchased 2 modules since last week, is the same one used on the forum. I'm had that email address for over 10 years. None of my email addresses are through-away email addresses. An easy way to find out is to just Google my email address. So, I honestly doubt that is an issue.

As for the IP. I live and work in Kingston, Jamaica. I don't hide this from anyone and if you Google both the user name of my other account as well as the email address I used, you'll fine that all my web accounts are legitimate and all my info will line up.

I really do appreciate you're responses to help figure this out. But, none of the issues you've mention are the case. None of them would delete my posts from the forums, especially one in the middle of a legitimate discussion about Prestashop. It was don't by someone, whether by mistake or for someone I may have unknowingly done wrong. At this point, I'm less interesting in "why", because from looking through the forums a second time, I believe it was by mistake since nothing I've posted were any different than majority of what others have posted. I would just like to have my email and username cleared as these are things I use across many forums & websites for work. I care very much about the reputation of the monikers I use. To me, a "ban" is a blemish on my reputation and in many cases, it could cause blacklisting from other areas of the website or even other websites. My online reputation is very important to me.

If it is possible to un-ban my other account, I would delete this account and continue using the un-banned account. So, please, is it possible to un-ban my other account? The username is "WinchesterLyon" and if you need the email as well, I will gladly give it to you in a private message.

Thank you.

I got banned so many times without knowing the reason why, and I was so tired of this. One time, I wrote an article to advertise some module in the module thread, then I got banned (while the others still posted their advertisement normally on that thread). The other time, I publish a post to ask for advice before buying a module in the module thread, then I got banned again with no reason. This is the 4th time I create the account, I am a genuine merchant, also a module developer of PrestaShop, and I am so tired of this experience. Also, The first time I got banned, I cannot log out the banned account to use other valid account, so I had to switch to incognito mode to log in, and got banned 3 times every time I posted something on the forum. Is the 'incognito mode' the reason why I got banned? If so, how can I log out my previous banned account on the ordinary browsing option? Please help me!

image.thumb.png.cd9224c429d51aeae4744f6d8a6c084d.png

@edriu107 Thank you very much for your support. I created this account mostly for my private work (Rock POS is sometimes part of it). @RockPOS account is an account of Hamsa company, I did not have access to it, also I did not know what its objective is, so please kindly keep the accounts. Thank you.

I also don't know that when I create a new account, and get to the right thread (Paid modules - where many people advertised their modules) to post information of Rock POS (just one post, not spam or anything like that), I got banned again. Is the system assuming that everything about Rock POS is spam thing?

I have the same issue, whats goin on with this forum? I have posted a solution to a question of a member and was banned? apart from this, I didn´t receive any explanation or dont have any way to contact the administrator. Coul you please give me a way to contact the admin?