Marketplace, but how?

Paedda

Hello dear Community,

I've been in e-commerce for quite some time and also run two fashion brands with different shops, but (still) Shopify is used for this.

Recently I installed Prestashop for my new project and already set up the shop.

My intention briefly explained: I want to create an online shop, through which I sell certain articles. However, I don't sell these items, but other merchants do. But here we're not talking about private people, so that everyone can sell something like Ebay, but more like Amazon, Real or something else.

I have already informed myself a little and there are already such modules like Multivendor etc.. However, it is not yet clear to me how I should do this with the connection that retailers import their products to me via CSV or XML and then automatically get orders etc back into your interface or whatever.

I myself still work as an e-commerce manager, so I know that when we connect a shop where, it is connected via CSV, plugin or XML. Automatic product comparison with stock etc. and order information. Orders, cancellations etc. are also transferred automatically, so that the dealer can also send them.

But how can I do this with Prestashop?

I am really grateful for every tip. As I said, I'm new to the community and don't know much about Prestashop.

However, I like the system very much and I think it's best for my project besides Magento.

Many greetings

paedda

Cronjob is a task that should be managed by the server-admin (cPanel, Plesk, or SSH) and not a module. For the import, ask one of the developers, if he can add this feature as customized task for you. As told before: Prestashop is not conceived for to work as multi-vendor. The modules are making several changes on Prestashops's architecture for to work as a multi-vendor site.

5 hours ago, Paedda said:

Hello dear Community,

I've been in e-commerce for quite some time and also run two fashion brands with different shops, but (still) Shopify is used for this.

My intention briefly explained: I want to create an online shop, through which I sell certain articles. However, I don't sell these items, but other merchants do. But here we're not talking about private people, so that everyone can sell something like Ebay, but more like Amazon, Real or something else.

I have already informed myself a little and there are already such modules like Multivendor etc.. However, it is not yet clear to me how I should do this with the connection that retailers import their products to me via CSV or XML and then automatically get orders etc back into your interface or whatever.

I myself still work as an e-commerce manager, so I know that when we connect a shop where, it is connected via CSV, plugin or XML. Automatic product comparison with stock etc. and order information. Orders, cancellations etc. are also transferred automatically, so that the dealer can also send them.

I am really grateful for every tip. As I said, I'm new to the community and don't know much about Prestashop.

However, I like the system very much and I think it's best for my project besides Magento.

Many greetings

paedda

Hi Paedda,

Please check the Multi-Vendor Marketplace module developed by Knowband. This module is compatible with the PrestaShop version 1.6 & 1.7 and allows the store admin to convert their PrestaShop store into a Marketplace where multiple sellers can register themselves to sell their products on the Marketplace. In return the admin will get the commission from the sellers for each purchase. 

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/marketplace-creation/21669-knowband-multi-vendor-marketplace.html

In order to enhance the module features supporting addons and customization service is also available. 

The Marketplace module has been downloaded by 1000+ merchants on PrestaShop addon store. Please check the demo of the module to understand the features of the module. In case you need to implement any specific feature then you can contact our support team to get the details of additional charges and the timeline for the same. 

For any further details or specific inquiry feel free to contact us - https://addons.prestashop.com/en/contact-us?id_product=21669   

Hi Knowband,

thanks for your advertising. I know your plugin already, and we had already a conversation via email about your plugin.

So, i think you havent read my topic above. Your plugin does NOT support CSV import, and no synchronisation via feed, xml, csv or other.
Only with custom customisation what it cost insanly more money..

So thank you for your answer, but your plugin is not recommandable for me.

Anyway, thanks!

On 12/17/2019 at 10:26 AM, Paedda said:

Hello dear Community,

Many greetings

paedda

Hi,

This is custom requirement and can be fulfil by making custom module or third party module only,
You can get a multivendor and Csv Importer and get cron sync feature implemented as per your need,
By default PrestaShop not provide such feature.