How to correctly integrate Prestashop with an ERP?

betox033

I have to perform SAP integration with a Prestashop store. I have been seeing different possibilities, since the copy of the entire catalog through WebServices, among others.
However, the best possibility I have seen so far is the development of modules that consume SAP Webservice and reflect that data in different modules (which I have no difficulty to develop).
The data would only be in SAP, while the store would only be a facade from where customers can access this data.
So far I have had only one problem that is the theme of the shopping cart which does not allow me to add products that are not in the Prestashop database.
Am I following the right path for integration, should I look for another alternative, or directly reject the project?

I ask this considering that I am alone in the project and I only have a period of between two and three months to complete it.
I should not take care of the SAP webservice or the designs, I just have to make the data reflected in Prestashop and can be sold

I am seriously thinking of withdrawing from the project and even from the company. The truth is I don't have much experience and I feel that I'm getting into a big and expensive problem, which makes me very distressed.

I'm too SAP expert. Indeed you already recognized that you cannot do it by this way. It's not the theme not allowing this, but Prestashop's architecture. You need to have data before you can execute a cart. Rethink your architecture and make Prestashop's database as primary, or use a third database as connector for to provide data for both at same time.

ERP <-> connector <-> Prestashop

BTW if you do some research over the net you will find ready solution SAP <-> Prestashop. Search for HONICO integrationMAN for ex. I'm sure you will also find others over the net by searching with IntegrationMAN.