Prestashop Backoffice issues

arnie81

Hi,
I have installed a brand new prestashop instance in the last few days having spent a number of years using Zen Cart and I was looking to migrate across to Prestashop. However, i have just run into so many problems with prestashop to the point where i havent even manage to design the basic of the site:

I get a 500 Error everytime i try to save a Custom Text update (it doesnt save)
I get error messages when trying to create new categories and products

Is Prestashop always this buggy....pretty disappointed after hearing good things if this is the case?

2 hours ago, arnie81 said:

Hi,
I have installed a brand new prestashop instance in the last few days having spent a number of years using Zen Cart and I was looking to migrate across to Prestashop. However, i have just run into so many problems with prestashop to the point where i havent even manage to design the basic of the site:

I get a 500 Error everytime i try to save a Custom Text update (it doesnt save)
I get error messages when trying to create new categories and products

Is Prestashop always this buggy....pretty disappointed after hearing good things if this is the case?

500 internal server error is due to underpower hosting. Make sure you have a good hosting before starting. Several shared hosting companies limit to simple blogs and static websites only. Make sure you verify the minimum requirements. https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/

Forum Advice & Best Practices

Detailed questions and posts
Please provide details in your posts; You will obtain responses more rapidly and more easily, instead of additional questions.

Here is a list of information that could be useful:
Installation type (new/update):
PrestaShop version:
Theme (default/customized):
Code (original/modified):
Hosting:
PHP version:
MySQL version:
Browser(s) concerned:

• 1 year later...
On 12/5/2019 at 2:57 AM, NamaRawras said:

500 internal server error is due to underpower hosting. Make sure you have a good hosting before starting. Several shared hosting companies limit to simple blogs and static websites only. Make sure you verify the minimum requirements. https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/

Hi Nama Rawras, 

I read the requirement from link you shared. They suggest the php memory upto 256M and php version 7.1. I set the php memory 396M and php version 7.4 because it is default came with my hosting. is it ok to keep php 7.4 ?

Thank You

7 minutes ago, Logan P said:

Hi Nama Rawras, 

I read the requirement from link you shared. They suggest the php memory upto 256M and php version 7.1. I set the php memory 396M and php version 7.4 because it is default came with my hosting. is it ok to keep php 7.4 ?

Thank You

Hi Paul, 

Yes, this is ok to have php 7.4. But make sure you have version prestashop 1.7.8 or later installed. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NamaRawras said:

Hi Paul, 

Yes, this is ok to have php 7.4. But make sure you have version prestashop 1.7.8 or later installed. 

Thanks 

Version 1.7.7.1 is the last released version. So 1.7.8 will be some alpha release.

Better to play safe and stick to 1.7.7.1 and PHP 7.3.