Add Icon to the Product Menu

Steu

problem is that I've an "expert" that did the work for me but now he said me it is impossible to add such icon, it is impossible to upload image for cateries (I've 3 levels and more than 800 pictures...), but he lives me no access to full FTP... and now said me he won't continue the job and he will stop the hosting in 2 months.... I'm not happy at all here... Another problem: I install a livechatboot module: it crash the whole shop ! No answer, I've to ask someone to reset it... This is not at all a friendly solid instrument for company has no time to play with code etc... Pls solution is: download this, click here... upload the xls... done... everithing else is a game not a work... Thanks

Edited by Steu
typo (see edit history)

I am sorry to hear about the issue. of course it's not "impossible" but it's certainly no simple task. Adding icons is as easy as setting some css, but if you need a different icon for each category, and you have 800, you will need to edit the category class, and back office controller to add a new image field, then edit the menu itself (and it can be any custom module) to have it display them. The first part is likely a 1-2 hour job depending on the prestashop version, the second depends on the module. Then of course you have to add all of the images manually.
As for the other issue, it should be enough to uninstall the module or change its folder name, but you need ftp access, so make sure you get that first. If you own the site your developer cannot legally deny you access.