BO not loading - Error 500

ariko

Hello, 

BO is generating error 500. Version is 1.7.3.0 php is 7.0. The issue happened after hitting save button on a module's translation page. After that BO generating error 500 but FO is working. Here is the error: 

1/1RuntimeException in PhpDumper.php line 1403:

Cannot dump definition because of invalid class name (NULL)

in PhpDumper.php line 1403

at PhpDumper->dumpLiteralClass('NULL') in PhpDumper.php line 790

at PhpDumper->addNewInstance('_defaults', object(Definition), 'return ', '$this->services['_defaults'] = ') in PhpDumper.php line 394

at PhpDumper->addServiceInstance('_defaults', object(Definition)) in PhpDumper.php line 639

at PhpDumper->addService('_defaults', object(Definition)) in PhpDumper.php line 666

at PhpDumper->addServices() in PhpDumper.php line 145

at PhpDumper->dump(array('class' => 'appDevDebugProjectContainer', 'base_class' => 'Container', 'namespace' => '', 'debug' => true, 'file' => '/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/app/cache/dev/appDevDebugProjectContainer.php')) in bootstrap.php.cache line 2846

at Kernel->dumpContainer(object(ConfigCache), object(ContainerBuilder), 'appDevDebugProjectContainer', 'Container') in bootstrap.php.cache line 2759

at Kernel->initializeContainer() in bootstrap.php.cache line 2533

at Kernel->boot() in bootstrap.php.cache line 2564

at Kernel->handle(object(Request), '1', false) in index.php line 86

Any advice and help will be appreciated. Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, tuk66 said:

The second option is to find the root of this problem. Unfortunately, that error message doesn't show it. In these cases, I usually debug it right on the server.

Can you give me a hind what you mean by "right on the server" error log contain even less info than the one in my first post 

Here is the error_log message:

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Symfony\\Component\\DependencyInjection\\Exception\\RuntimeException: Cannot dump de
finition because of invalid class name (NULL) in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Dumper/PhpDumper.php:1403\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Dumper/PhpDumper.php(790): Symfony\\Component\\DependencyInjection\\Dumper\\PhpDumper->dumpLiteralClass('NULL')\n#1 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfon
y/Component/DependencyInjection/Dumper/PhpDumper.php(394): Symfony\\Component\\DependencyInjection\\Dumper\\PhpDumper->addNewInstance('_defaults', Object(Symfony\\Component\\DependencyInjection\\Definition), 'return ', '$this->services..
.')\n#2 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Dumper/PhpDumper.php(639): Symfony\\Component\\DependencyInjection\\Dumper\\PhpDumper->addServiceInst...\n'

Almost no server allows you to enable XDebug on the server (I know one). But you can patch the files to write down logs. There is no exact rule how to do it. Usually, I start somewhere and continue in other files according to interim results.