Random checkout problems

Davide Garlaschini

Good Morning,

I'm here to report a problem and I'm trying to figure out how to debug and get more details.

I developed a new e-commerce website using prestashop 1.7.5.2, website is fully deployed and working at this url: https://ottonifabbrica.com

I'm receiving orders but some customers (nearly 10%) are not able to complete checkout. Some are stuck at step 2 (address confirmation), some ad 3 (carrier selection) and some at the payment method. I see a lot of abandoned charts where everything is selected (so address and carrier).

To simplify everything I disabled geolocation, enabled store and all payment methods for every country, I just restricted shipping country using zones setting one carrier with enabled zones.

All these users are from different countries but trying with their same data I can proceed.

I would like to understand how to debug the whole thing.

I would like to enable debug mode but inseat of showing errors to the users I would like to receive error details via email. Is this possible?

Is it possible to browse the store forcing a fake IP addreess to appear like a user visiting from that ip address?

Is anyone experiencing this kind of problem?

Thank you all for your reply

@tuk66  I fixed now the javascript error... Let's see

@selectshop.at I was doing some changes just after my post. Maybe you checked just after... I had geolocation disabled and country detection from browser., but then I noticed that some orders from switzerland paid in euros instead of CHF. Then I switched back to geolocation.

However now geolocation is enabled with all countries enabled and also all payment methods enabled for every country (except for bank transfer for CH which my client doesn't want).

I would like to try to switch off custom theme and use default one but... my client won't accept that. I could do that on a test environment but I would have no orders test the problem. It never happened to me or the client during tests :(

16 minutes ago, Davide Garlaschini said:

I would like to try to switch off custom theme and use default one but... my client won't accept that. I could do that on a test environment but I would have no orders test the problem. It never happened to me or the client during tests

You can try by using proxy IP, or if you have such then write me by PM. I will make an order or two for to test.