503 error, fresh Prestashop installation

Lucif

I installed through DirectAdmin / Installatron the new Prestashop 1.7.6.

I added 2 test products, but did not change preferences. Did not installed any modules etc.

But there is an 503 error in the backend.
Not in the frontend and not on other places of this domainname / host.

When keep refreshing the site, i can get in the backoffice, but after a few clicks / half minute / minutes, again the white page with 503 error.
There is nothing strange in the logfiles of Prestashop.

GEOlocation is switched off (because when i googled it, there seems problems with it).

Any clue what it could be?
Thank you!

21 hours ago, Lucif said:

I installed through DirectAdmin / Installatron the new Prestashop 1.7.6.

I added 2 test products, but did not change preferences. Did not installed any modules etc.

But there is an 503 error in the backend.
Not in the frontend and not on other places of this domainname / host.

When keep refreshing the site, i can get in the backoffice, but after a few clicks / half minute / minutes, again the white page with 503 error.
There is nothing strange in the logfiles of Prestashop.

GEOlocation is switched off (because when i googled it, there seems problems with it).

Any clue what it could be?
Thank you!

Have you deleted /var/cache/* ?

Cleared cache!?

Turned on debug mode?

What version of PHP?

Best regards

503 errors are server errors. Please read the error logs of your server and post them here.

Furthermore, name your php-version in use and SQL-version. Prestashop 1.7.6.1 does not support php-version 7.3. There are several incompatibility errors on scripting, cache and database logic. You should install Prestashop using php 7.2.

Prestashop 1.7.7. will support php 7.3. Release should be beginning next year.

https://build.prestashop.com/news/announcing-end-of-support-for-obsolete-php-versions/

We have PHP version 5.6, but that is because our old shop is also on that same domain/hosting, and that old shop is 1.6.1.

We can choose every PHP version between 5.6 and 7.4.
But we can not use it until this new shop is up and running! :)

Yes, cleared cache, no did not put it in debug modus yet.

Edited by Lucif (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hello, Im having the exact same problem. My host installed prestashop for me. every 7 or 8 clicks I get a error 503 in backoffice. front end works great!

its version 1.7.6

PHP 7.0

I also have a payment module that won't work unless BO is in DEBUG MODE. The developer of the module said I have an error somewhere in my BO. I just leave it in DEBUG MODE and my payment options work just fine.

Edited by Jason Silva (see edit history)

On 2/10/2020 at 2:44 AM, Jason Silva said:

Hello, Im having the exact same problem. My host installed prestashop for me. every 7 or 8 clicks I get a error 503 in backoffice. front end works great!

its version 1.7.6

PHP 7.0

I also have a payment module that won't work unless BO is in DEBUG MODE. The developer of the module said I have an error somewhere in my BO. I just leave it in DEBUG MODE and my payment options work just fine.

Try PHP ver 7.2, your payment module could be the problem, or other third party modules, try disabling all extra modules and see what you get!

Best regards