Send a test e-mail - PS 1.6

DPUser

Hi all,

having issue's when trying to send a test email ... or any config with any emails.

Whenever somebody signs up, the newsletter or a test email, nothing sends!

I've tried sending the test email but just get the error "Error: Please check your configuration"

My shop isn't available yet, only running locally. Everything else works, just this final step.

Any idea's on how to debug?

If you are running locally, which method are you using to send mails ? You should set-up a mailserver locally and use phpmail to be able to send mails. Another possibility is to use use a working mail-account, for ex. gmail.

Settings of your gmail or other you add to the tab: Advanced parameters -> e-mail. phpmail you select, if you have a mailserver configured locally. If not, then use smtp and add all smtp credentials of your gmail (or other) account there.

On 11/17/2019 at 5:59 PM, selectshop.at said:

If you are running locally, which method are you using to send mails ? You should set-up a mailserver locally and use phpmail to be able to send mails. Another possibility is to use use a working mail-account, for ex. gmail.

Settings of your gmail or other you add to the tab: Advanced parameters -> e-mail. phpmail you select, if you have a mailserver configured locally. If not, then use smtp and add all smtp credentials of your gmail (or other) account there.

Unsure if you got my last response..

I'm running PS from my Synology however I can access from my domain (.com)

I'm running SMTP settings now, via Outlook as GMail wouldn't work. i can send replies via the customer service part however for newsletter/sign ups, no emails send.

Whenever I send a test email, I get a long error (part below) - but searching the 554 error, this is because the Sender isn't the same as the actual email address?

Error: Please check your configuration
Expected response code 250 but got code "554", with message "554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Submission.Exception:SendAsDeniedException.MapiExceptionSendAsDenied; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message Cannot submit message. 0.35250:03001D30, 1.36674:0A000000, 1.61250:00000000, 1.45378:02000000, 1.44866:4B020000, 1.36674:0E000000, 1.61250:00000000,

Oh. This is another error and not Prestashop error. The server you are using is refusing to send mails on behalf. You will not have success to send with this account, because the sender (your server) is not the same as the owner of account in this case (microsoft server). You are sending from foreign server on behalf of gmail/outlook. As for spam reasons gmail/outlook are blocking this. What you can do is to try the use of other ports. But I don't know if this will work.

The best is to setup own smtp mail account on your server. This means, you should set up mail sending from your own domain. Then mail sending will work.

• 10 months later...

This is a bit old post, but i have de same error in Prestashop 1.7 using an account of office365.

I have done the configuration directly in SMTP in prestashop, and with sSMTP and phpmail function. In prestashop it show this error:

554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Submission.Exception:SendAsDeniedException.MapiExceptionSendAsDenied; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message Cannot submit message.

I try directly in the server with sSMTP, an it works at difference that PS.

I supose it can be about swift mailer, or any parameters that it uses.

Any idea?