[solved]Prestashop 1.7.6.1 thinks cURL is not installed

Ruijadom

I have version 1.7.6.1 and although I have cURL installed on the server (already checked).

When installing the paypal module I see a warning on prestashop saying I need to install cURL. When I login as a client and when making a call to add products or make the checkout appear the code above the top bar as you can see in the image. I need to resolve this error urgently. Can someone help me please.

code.thumb.png.4704c505c8b994a318c89144f8eb5ff0.png

Thank you for answer me fast.

I will check the open ssl version, i dont know how

Paypal module : v5.0.2 

below the image with the message saying that curl is not install.

paypal_module.png.66d4c038ceef6a1fa9fc7500d6b9aab1.png

The first time i see this curl code in the top of the page that's when I installed the module https://addons.prestashop.com/pt/transportadoras/40294-ctt-correios-de-portugal.html for address.

2 hours ago, Ruijadom said:

Thank you for answer me fast.

I will check the open ssl version, i dont know how

Paypal module : v5.0.2 

below the image with the message saying that curl is not install.

paypal_module.png.66d4c038ceef6a1fa9fc7500d6b9aab1.png

The first time i see this curl code in the top of the page that's when I installed the module https://addons.prestashop.com/pt/transportadoras/40294-ctt-correios-de-portugal.html for address.

Hello

I had this same problem, it was a server side problem as it disappeared after a couple of days without me or the server staff doing anything (that´s what they said). Despite the error everything was working just fine... You can also go to the "help" page of the module and press the "verificar requisitos" and it should also give you an error (mine is fine now)...

paypal.thumb.JPG.7962f9ac75186d020304ad34df6cab34.JPG

The issue should disappear by itself. But anyway i had another store in the same server service witch did not have the error and it was on a different physical server, the server service staff told me if i wanted, they could migrate my site to the new physical server i ended up doing that because it´s a faster server but the problem had already solved itself...

You could also try disabling the CTT module if you think the problem could be related with that!

Best regards

Edited by PCQUATRO (see edit history)

Although latest Open SSL version  is 1.1.1, the 1.0.2. should work. I'm not seller anymore, so have no working Shop for to test, nevertheless I have some PS versions installed on my server for test and debug and by activating Paypal on my PS 1.7.6.1. I have same error although cURL is installed AND working. This is need also not for Prestashop, but also for WP services and they are working on my server without any problem. So I think this is a false message.

Try what PCQuattro suggested.

16 hours ago, selectshop.at said:

by activating Paypal on my PS 1.7.6.1. I have same error although cURL is installed AND working.

My problem was the same, but with another solution: My PS-sites are on server but behind a protected folder. .htaccess prohibits the access, so this message there (cURL not activated) is correct in this case. Paypal/Prestashop needs free access to site for to check server environment.  😁

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Guys, if you have CURL installed and still the Paypal module shows as not installed is because your site is on private mode. Of course it can't check if the website is not accessible from outside your ip address.

I never had an issue with it.

So, activate the site for the general public, clean cache and that's it. When you put it on Maintenance, you will have the same warning as not installed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

hello, I have a similar problem if I can I would like your help. when trying to configure paypal these errors also appear to me,  

- SSL must be enabled on your website.  

- The PHP cURL extension must be enabled on your server. Your current version of cURL is 7.29.0. Please contact the server to update it to 7.34.0.  

spacer.png

ssl is already being solved, i already bought one and i must install it in the next days. I will only lack this cURL so that everything works well. can someone please give me a light? thanks!

prestashop: 1.7.6.1 paypal module: v5.1.1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 11:13 PM, Alex Weiss said:

hello, I have a similar problem if I can I would like your help. when trying to configure paypal these errors also appear to me,  

- The PHP cURL extension must be enabled on your server. Your current version of cURL is 7.29.0. Please contact the server to update it to 7.34.0.  

spacer.png

ssl is already being solved, i already bought one and i must install it in the next days. I will only lack this cURL so that everything works well. can someone please give me a light? thanks!

hi

i have the same problem . did you find solution ?

thanks

Στιγμιότυπο 2020-03-05, 12.33.17 μμ.jpg

Edited by chemocycling (see edit history)

On 2/14/2020 at 3:13 PM, inowgsm said:

Hello,

Guys, if you have CURL installed and still the Paypal module shows as not installed is because your site is on private mode. Of course it can't check if the website is not accessible from outside your ip address.

So, activate the site for the general public, clean cache and that's it. When you put it on Maintenance, you will have the same warning as not installed.

Thank you, that's the solution for me, like you can see bellow.

Screenshot_2020-03-06.png.1374756d7ab55924920f40f7d27be863.png

On 2/19/2020 at 11:13 PM, Alex Weiss said:

spacer.png

The solution to your situation is simple:

- if you are using a shared hosting, then you must ask your hosting provider to update cURL to the required version which is 7.34.0.

- If you are using a private WHM dedicated server with terminal/root access, then you can do it yourself.

23 hours ago, chemocycling said:

hi

i have the same problem . did you find solution ?

thanks

Στιγμιότυπο 2020-03-05, 12.33.17 μμ.jpg

The solution to your situation is simple:

- if you are using a shared hosting, then you must ask your hosting provider to update cURL to the required version which is 7.34.0.

- If you are using a private WHM dedicated server with terminal/root access, then you can do it yourself.

• 4 months later...
On 2/14/2020 at 2:13 PM, inowgsm said:

Hello,

Sorry about the newbie question: Genereal public and clean cache?!? where?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have the same problem after coming back from PHP 7.3 to PHP 7.2 (I believe that's the moment, I didn't notice the error message before).

I tried to disable Paypal and enable it again.
I tried putting on/off the maintenace mode.
I tried clearing cache.

But I still have the error message...

Would someone know where is it coming from?

Thanks for any help.