[SOLVED] Combinations for Product isn't saved

grsinternet

Hello,

I have fresh installation of PrestaShop 1.7.6.1 (php 7.2.14) with ClassicTheme and standard Products by default. I have removed "Combinations" from the Product "Hummingbird printed sweater", saved. Then I added Size combinations again (M, S, L) but they were not saved. I have refreshed the page and Tab Combinations has disappeared. When I put radio button choice on "Product with Combinations" again, it appears but values in it are not saved. 

Everything else works just fine - Features for product, special prices, photo upload, filters. I can save all kind of other information about Product just fine, but not Combinations saving.

What can go wrong? Thanks!

Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 13.43.18.png

Edited by grsinternet (see edit history)

max_execution_time, max_input_time and memory_limit of your server are ? Try to set higher values for these on your server. Perhaps your server is cutting scripts before they are executed. See here the values:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/884856-best-server-settings-for-prestashop-17-tested-in-production/https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/884856-best-server-settings-for-prestashop-17-tested-in-production/

46 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

max_execution_time, max_input_time and memory_limit of your server are ? Try to set higher values for these on your server. Perhaps your server is cutting scripts before they are executed. See here the values:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/884856-best-server-settings-for-prestashop-17-tested-in-production/https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/884856-best-server-settings-for-prestashop-17-tested-in-production/

I have adjusted all parameters exactly as told there, but the Combinations are not saved anyway :(

How many combinations are you trying to add at once ? If this is a huge quantity, then Prestashop BO is bad for this. Try to add via csv import or with a tool like the Presta Store Manager (link in my signature).The store manager uses own scripts and write directly to the database, without using Prestashop default scripting, which is not well coded and requesting too much resources.

You can also try to set max_input_time and max_execution_time to 900 or higher value. This forces the serve to don't end the script before it is executed. Nevertheless from my experience (independent from the PS version you are using) Prestashop never worked with native scripts and high quantity of categories and/or combinations. I'm using the store Manager since about 7 years now, because Prestashop cannot manage this, without forcing time-outs on any server I've used before.

Since I'm new to PrestaShop I had no clue to click GENERATE to save all variations. So when I have checked sizes and they have appeared as blue labels I thought it is enough, then saving and they are dissapearing.

So now I know I have to click GENERATE and items are saved! :)

I will leave the threat, because someone else could have this newbie issue.

• 6 months later...

Hi, Anyone Found Solution for this ?

Tried the following but no luck

Deleted Cache,

Deleted chrome cache,

Disabled all overrides,

Disabled all non prestashop modules,

Deleted all attributes its value, all feature, all products, created new attribute and value and new product also

Increased system limitations to the maximum

[ Prestashop 1.7.6 Back office Product Edit - Add/Edit Generate Product Combinations , Not showing Generated Value, or some times giving error UNABLE TO UPDATE SETTINGS  ]

Please reply any experts.... This is prestashop bug or server issue.. don't know. I did changed server also.

Edited by mohamedQt (see edit history)

• 3 years later...