Blanck admin page - breaking modules - clean the cache

Atlasan

While configuring a PS isntallation I was installing some modules, (paypal, prestafraud and ps_cashondelivery). After a couple ajax error of "module undefined" while installing and one successful, when trying to reload the page was blank. End user page still works but admin page gives blank page. Looking in the logs I can see this:

PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/PRESTASHOP/var/cache/prod/ContainerRrbtz2s/getAnnotations_CacheService.php' (include_path='/PRESTASHOP/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/PRESTASHOP/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/PRESTASHOP/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/PRESTASHOP/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/opt/plesk/php/7.1/share/pear') in /PRESTASHOP/var/cache/prod/ContainerRrbtz2s/appProdProjectContainer.php on line 1633

Can somebody explain me if the whole /var/cache/ folder is actually juse cache so it can be cleaned or what should I do with a broken admin?

Thank you in advance.

php-version ? pear version is the latest on your server ? You should upgrade your server to the latest service packages of the one you installed initially, i.e. are using with PS. Then it should work. I faced the same problem yesterday when I installed a PS 1.7.6.1 with php 7.3. I updated the machine and then the installation got through. Maybe also some intl extension need to be installed before as well, but this Prestashop checks during the installation.

2 hours ago, selectshop.at said:

If you cannot update your server, then try to use another php-version. 7.2 for ex. (for me didn't worked, but according to Prestashop devs it should work). I used php 7.0 instead.

What do you mean by upgrade the server? For what I see I miss a file that does not exist in that folder. Anyway I tried upgrading from 5.x to 7.1 with same result.

The errors apperead installing some modules, what I think I should do is to rollback changes but just removing the modules folder does not the job beacuse these files in the cache folder. Can anybody explain how this works? What is it var/cache/prod/ContainerRrbtz2s and how to deal with?

You can delete complete folder /prod in folder /var/cache. It will regenerate by itself again. The errors appeared after installing modules because the cache was automatically regenerated after the installation. PS 1.7.6.1 is running with php 7.2. and php 5.6. php 7.1. is not working with PS 1.7.6.1. If you intend to some days update the Prestashop to 1.7.7. than you will need to update your php-version to at least 7.3. as well.

By upgrade the server I meant, to run apt-get upgrade and apt-get on your machine. This will install (upgrade and make security upgrades) for all packages installed on your server.

3 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

You can delete complete folder /prod in folder /var/cache. It will regenerate by itself again. The errors appeared after installing modules because the cache was automatically regenerated after the installation. PS 1.7.6.1 is running with php 7.2. and php 5.6. php 7.1. is not working with PS 1.7.6.1. If you intend to some days update the Prestashop to 1.7.7. than you will need to update your php-version to at least 7.3. as well.

By upgrade the server I meant, to run apt-get upgrade and apt-get on your machine. This will install (upgrade and make security upgrades) for all packages installed on your server.

Thank you, this informations are very useful to me. Misconfiguring the version of php to 7.1.31 while cleaning the cache and having the new modules folders removed did the trick.

I assume the poroblem was in a module and because of the cache it was keeping breaking. Php 7.2 is not available on my Plesk, I will try to upgrade it.

Thank you very much for the help.

• Atlasan changed the title to Blanck admin page - breaking modules - clean the cache

Take into consideration that php 5.6. and php 7.0 are both end of life. This means that these will not be maintained anymore, no support and no security fixes anymore. End of life for php 7.1. is December 2019.  php 7.2. December 2020. So better to try an upgrade of Prestashop 1.7.7. with php 7.3. soon. Older not maintained php versions have the risk of security issues (hacking).

Releases php-versions

• 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, V-man said:

I use MySQL-Version 10.5.9-MariaDB-1:10.5.9+maria~xenial

You might be too far with 10

For PC this is requierement.

To install PrestaShop 1.7 on a computer

Note: A local install is for testing purposes only. Customers won't be able to access your store unless it is hosted on the Internet.

Supported operating system: Windows, Mac and Linux

An Apache+PHP+MySQL prepared package: WampServer or EasyPHP for Windows, XAMPP or Bitnami for Windows and OS X

Web server: Apache 2.2+, Nginx

PHP 7.1+

MySQL 5.6+ installed with a database created

In my opinion PS ist not very keen on running the highest version but the most stable.