Back-office shows different category name

grsinternet

Back-office PrestaShop 1.7 shows me different names of categories than they are. In Categories Tree names are provided which are different from what is provided in Category Edit Page, Name field. Why?

I have noticed before there was one additional field "meta title" where another name was provided, but now it's empty. I can't see ANY FIELD from where PS still takes the old one, long name of this and other categories.

These categories were imported from CSV and I have changed some names to short ones.

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 16.44.22.png

2 hours ago, grsinternet said:

Back-office PrestaShop 1.7 shows me different names of categories than they are. In Categories Tree names are provided which are different from what is provided in Category Edit Page, Name field. Why?

I have noticed before there was one additional field "meta title" where another name was provided, but now it's empty. I can't see ANY FIELD from where PS still takes the old one, long name of this and other categories.

These categories were imported from CSV and I have changed some names to short ones.

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 16.44.22.png

Hello 

Try clearing the cache in the BackOffice -> Advanced settings -> performance -> clear cache and delete /var/cache using FTP, also clear the browser´s cache...

Clearing the cache solves a lot of problems...

Best Regards

• Like 1

I found the problem. It might be that I have imported categories when EN language was turned on in my Back-office, so these category names saved to EN language primary. When I turn on EN I see these long names, when LT, short ones. But since EN was disabled on my Fron-office, here in the edit section I saw only LT translation with no choice to edit on EN. But because back-office interface was in EN, so EN category names were provided even EN is not active on front-office.

So I have deleted EN language from the website and everything has fixed!

Thanks for your participation PCQUATRO!

P.S. How to mark this thread as solved? :)

Edited by grsinternet (see edit history)