Problem to access products from admin panel

Presta_lover

Hi there,

I think I have two very stranges issues with prestashop:

I am building a huge ecommerce (I say huge because the amount of categories and subcategories is quite high) of motorbike parts.

After importing many of categories and subcategories, with the native importer of prestashop, I am having problems to access the products.

I am not sure if that has conection or not, but I can not go inside products, I always have the same message:

(1/1) OutOfMemoryException

Error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 528384 bytes)

in OrderedHashMap.php line 139

I already changed memory_limit => php.ini it figured 512M, in .htaccess too, and even in /config/config.inc.php

What am I doing wrong?

It has been awfull experience with prestashop...

By the way, I would to comment another issue, same strange at first one. When I am coming to check some categories in admin panel (for example, for deleting 3 or 4 in bulk actions), I can't! It goes inside each category after click in check box to select one.

Please, I really need help.

Thanks

58 minutes ago, Calleja said:

Hi there,

I think I have two very stranges issues with prestashop:

I am building a huge ecommerce (I say huge because the amount of categories and subcategories is quite high) of motorbike parts.

After importing many of categories and subcategories, with the native importer of prestashop, I am having problems to access the products.

I am not sure if that has conection or not, but I can not go inside products, I always have the same message:

(1/1) OutOfMemoryException

Error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 528384 bytes)

in OrderedHashMap.php line 139

I already changed memory_limit => php.ini it figured 512M, in .htaccess too, and even in /config/config.inc.php

What am I doing wrong?

It has been awfull experience with prestashop...

By the way, I would to comment another issue, same strange at first one. When I am coming to check some categories in admin panel (for example, for deleting 3 or 4 in bulk actions), I can't! It goes inside each category after click in check box to select one.

Please, I really need help.

Thanks

Hello Calleja

I start by saying that 536870912 Bytes (B) = 512 Megabytes (MB), witch means saying that that defining 512MB wont be enought, it might have to do with the "Huge ecomerce", as you say, that you are building...

What version of prestashop you are using?? is it a fresh install or na upgrade?? Can you reproduce the problem with an empty database??

First i would start by clearing the cache in BackOffice -> Advanced settings -> performance -> clear cache, and even go trough FTP and delete /var/cache/*...

Than i would ask your hosting server if there is any limitations regarding the use of memory, expaining the all situation...

You could also try to reduce the number of categories and sub-catagories by better struturing them and see how it behaves!

As for the second question, it might be related to the first...

Best Regards

Hi PCQUATRO,

thanks for your reply, I really apreciate it.

I am woring on localhost (is that could be the problem?).

My prestashop version: 1.7.7

It is a fresh install.

I am reinstalling all of it, to test what happend. I am affraid but I can not reduce the number od categories and subcategories, bussiness requires like that, and that is.

I tried clearing cache, but nothing happends. Funny thing: I can import products with no problem at all, it is just to access then from admin panel :S

I will report after reinstallation again.

Linux Mint; google chrome

Thanks, a lot! 

34 minutes ago, Calleja said:

I noticed right now, I download 1.7.2 this time, what a stupid man I am...

So, should I just updated to 1.7.6?

thanks for your help, I really apreciate!!

Do a fresh install of 1.7.6.1, i´m using it with minimal issues...

Download it from here -> https://www.prestashop.com/en/download

Best Regards

Edited by PCQUATRO (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Calleja said:

I follow these steps:

https://hostadvice.com/how-to/how-to-install-prestashop-on-ubuntu-18-04-server/

I am trying to access back office, but it is not possible...

This page isn’t working

localhost is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

I don't know what I did wrong, maybe rewrites rules on localhost?

Put the shop under debug mode and see what error you get and go on from there...

go to /config/defines.inc.php and change this define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false); to this define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

Best regards

Hi agani,

thank you for you aid.

I have this:

Notice: tempnam(): file created in the system's temporary directory in /var/www/html/prestashop/classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 249

Warning: rename(/tmp/class_index.phpFT7GVV,/var/www/html/prestashop/app/cache/dev/class_index.php): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/prestashop/classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 255

Notice: tempnam(): file created in the system's temporary directory in /var/www/html/prestashop/classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 249

Warning: rename(/tmp/class_stub.phpTEHGS8,/var/www/html/prestashop/app/cache/dev/class_stub.php): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/prestashop/classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 255

Warning: rename(/tmp/namespaced_class_stub.phpRXFHPl,/var/www/html/prestashop/app/cache/dev/namespaced_class_stub.php): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/prestashop/classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 255

Warning: require_once(/var/www/html/prestashop/app/cache/dev/appParameters.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/prestashop/config/bootstrap.php on line 86

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/prestashop/app/cache/dev/appParameters.php' (include_path='/var/www/html/prestashop/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/var/www/html/prestashop/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/var/www/html/prestashop/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/var/www/html/prestashop/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/prestashop/config/bootstrap.php on line 86

I think is something about php version.

45 minutes ago, Calleja said:

Hi agani,

thank you for you aid.

I have this:

Warning: rename(/tmp/class_index.phpFT7GVV,/var/www/html/prestashop/app/cache/dev/class_index.php): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/prestashop/classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 255

Warning: rename(/tmp/class_stub.phpTEHGS8,/var/www/html/prestashop/app/cache/dev/class_stub.php): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/prestashop/classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 255

Warning: rename(/tmp/namespaced_class_stub.phpRXFHPl,/var/www/html/prestashop/app/cache/dev/namespaced_class_stub.php): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/prestashop/classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 255

Warning: require_once(/var/www/html/prestashop/app/cache/dev/appParameters.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/prestashop/config/bootstrap.php on line 86

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/prestashop/app/cache/dev/appParameters.php' (include_path='/var/www/html/prestashop/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/var/www/html/prestashop/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/var/www/html/prestashop/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/var/www/html/prestashop/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/prestashop/config/bootstrap.php on line 86

I think is something about php version.

I delete everything and I am trying to download version  PCQUATRO said.

I will report after completition.

Perhaps your max_execution_time and max_input_time are set too short. Check-out the system requirements tested in production. Depending of what you are doing for to reproduce this error  you should set both values to 900 instead of 300 for shops with huge quantity of categories/attributes/products. The memory_limit is not really important in this case.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/884856-best-server-settings-for-prestashop-17-tested-in-production/

Did you also read the server error logs ? The one you added are specific to Prestashop. Perhaps there are others you should pay attention to them.

14 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

Perhaps your max_execution_time and max_input_time are set too short. Check-out the system requirements tested in production. Depending of what you are doing for to reproduce this error  you should set both values to 900 instead of 300 for shops with huge quantity of categories/attributes/products. The memory_limit is not really important in this case.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/884856-best-server-settings-for-prestashop-17-tested-in-production/

Did you also read the server error logs ? The one you added are specific to Prestashop. Perhaps there are others you should pay attention to them.

thank you, I already solved it. 
I would like to know some tutorial for begginers (develoers&prestashop) in linux OS

do you know any one guys? It would be great to start for something easy.

My best

51 minutes ago, JBW said:

Please note that Prestashop is not yet compatible with PHP 7.3, you might face further issues using this version. It's recommended to use 7.2 instead.

Two days before I was using PS 1.7.2. I tried to upgrade the shop, but it was not possible to upgrade to PS 1.7.6. with 1-click-module. Prestashop was requesting at least php 7.3. for to make an upgrade. So I added php 7.3. to my server as well and upgraded PS to 1.7.6.1. Now all running well. It think it's more than only php-version. You need a good set server to run Prestashop.

1 hour ago, selectshop.at said:

Prestashop was requesting at least php 7.3. for to make an upgrade. So I added php 7.3. to my server as well and upgraded PS to 1.7.6.1. Now all running well. It think it's more than only php-version.

Is there an official info about this? Sounds a bit strange for me. Even the official documentation shows that 7.3. is not (officially) supported at all yet - only 1.7.7. will be compatible:

https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/

No nothing official. But also the official docu about the min requirements  have never been accurate. It really depends on the environment you are using. Some are happy to be in the position to adapt their server, others not. And this makes the difference.

And as you can see the problem from accessing the products was yet solved with upgrade to php 7.3.

It is amazing, I am having AGAIN same problem.

After create every category and subcategory, now I can't go to product managing from backend...

OutOfMemoryException

Error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11381440 bytes)

in DbPDO.php line 156

Sometime if I press f5 to update it, it works and I can see product list in backend admin panel, but it still doesn't work.

That's anoying, extremely frustraiting.

Please, can anyone help me to solve this?

thanks

13 hours ago, selectshop.at said:

Depends from what you are using: cPanel, Plesk, or directly on server via SSH -> nano/vim -> php.ini. Change to 512M, 1024M could be too high, if your server RAM is only 1GB.

I tried everything

I am in localhost, I modified to:

max_input_time 300

max_input_vars 200000

memory_limit 2048M

I can't understand. I just have 20 products... What is goning on?

localhost is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

I solved it.

I put memory_limit -1 (infinite)

It was because I have 30.000 categories and subcategories.

This is going to be a problem in the future.

I think I need to modifie backoffice in products, to not charge categories, but I really have no idea where to start.

Thanks a lot everyone for your help and your time!