Tools.php Error

gparadoxs

Hello i need help with this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function rewrireUnicodeString() in /public_html/override/classes/Tools.php on line 35

Appears on every page,  only the first page works normally.

The error appeared after I tried to upgrade to 1.7 (and there I had the same error), I returned to 1.6 and it seems that the error remained.

Any solutions? Please help.

I did not have to do any upgrade to prestashop yet, but from what i´ve been reading, it´s not advisable at all, it´s always better to do a fresh install of it. Anyway before na upgrade it´s allways advisable to do a full BACKUP (web + database), you could always contact your web host and ask them if you have one and restore it back to a previous state...

Best Regards

4 hours ago, PCQUATRO said:

I did not have to do any upgrade to prestashop yet, but from what i´ve been reading, it´s not advisable at all, it´s always better to do a fresh install of it. Anyway before na upgrade it´s allways advisable to do a full BACKUP (web + database), you could always contact your web host and ask them if you have one and restore it back to a previous state...

Best Regards

I have a full backup, I installed all back but error is still there... that's the problem

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function rewrireUnicodeString() in /public_html/override/classes/Tools.php on line 35"

The error is due to a calling of an undefined function, try to do as JBW said, rename that tools.php file, witch is an override, and see what you get from there.

Best Regards

As the specified file i.e. "/public_html/override/classes/Tools.php" exist in the override folder, File is modified by some module. 

Kindly try renaming OR deleting the file (After taking the backup). After deleting the file, Site will start working but some module funcationlity will not work (The module which has overridden this file)