[SOLVED] Bug on categories and subcategories? Cant check the tree

AETtec

Hello.
I have version 1.7.6.1, I have uploaded more than 4000 products through excel and their corresponding categories.
After having practically everything configured and finished I have just observed that ...once I enter a on a product (backend) the categories already created are not displayed correctly with corresponding subcategories, however if I create new categories then i can see the tree correctly. Why? How do I solve it?
Thank you.

(As u can see on the image i have various categories, and they should have more subcategories on all, but cant select it or expand, and if i create new categories ("test" and "test 1") then i can see that correctly...)

image.png

Edited by AETtec (see edit history)

11 hours ago, AETtec said:

Hello.
I have version 1.7.6.1, I have uploaded more than 4000 products through excel and their corresponding categories.
After having practically everything configured and finished I have just observed that ...once I enter a on a product (backend) the categories already created are not displayed correctly with corresponding subcategories, however if I create new categories then i can see the tree correctly. Why? How do I solve it?
Thank you.

(As u can see on the image i have various categories, and they should have more subcategories on all, but cant select it or expand, and if i create new categories ("test" and "test 1") then i can see that correctly...)

You have to import the categories first that the products, you have to use different files for each one of them. Have you read this http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS17/Import ?

Best Regards

• Like 1

Yes of course i installed first the categories through excel and then import too the products using the categories and subcategories created in order to organize all products on respective place. But now...as i show u on the first post can view all the tree of subcategories.

If need some info i can attach more images, i cant understand why it doesnt work. I only think it its because the import system but now... i uploaded all my products and edited and i need any solution 😕

1 hour ago, AETtec said:

Yes of course i installed first the categories through excel and then import too the products using the categories and subcategories created in order to organize all products on respective place. But now...as i show u on the first post can view all the tree of subcategories.

If need some info i can attach more images, i cant understand why it doesnt work. I only think it its because the import system but now... i uploaded all my products and edited and i need any solution 😕

Yes please try to be as mutch specific as you can, put here all the steps you took to import the categories and the products (using 2 separate and diferente files i supose), put as many images as you feel necessary to explain the problem you are having (like the actual category structure you have on the categories section of the BackOffice), also upload the csv´s you used...

Best regards

• Like 1

Ok im gonna try to explain it better with more screenshots.

Picture 2) First i imported the categories.
Picture 1) Then i imported the products selecting on import menu (backend) the necesary rows and exclude the other ones.
Picture 3 and 4) if i want to move a product to other subcategory then i cant write the subcategory on the field (it isnt show when i write the exactly name...) and cant select it because dont expand the subcategories-.
Picture 5) if i go to the categories menu, i can check the "test category" show the magnifying icon that it show correctly when the category have more subcategories, other side if u see all the other categories dont have the  correct icon but if i click on the category name it show correctly the other subcategories inside :S

test1.JPG

test2.JPG

test3.JPG

test4.JPG

test5.JPG

test6.JPG

11 hours ago, AETtec said:

Ok im gonna try to explain it better with more screenshots.

Picture 2) First i imported the categories.
Picture 1) Then i imported the products selecting on import menu (backend) the necesary rows and exclude the other ones.
Picture 3 and 4) if i want to move a product to other subcategory then i cant write the subcategory on the field (it isnt show when i write the exactly name...) and cant select it because dont expand the subcategories-.
Picture 5) if i go to the categories menu, i can check the "test category" show the magnifying icon that it show correctly when the category have more subcategories, other side if u see all the other categories dont have the  correct icon but if i click on the category name it show correctly the other subcategories inside :S

Ok the only problem i can see is that on the products csv you have the categories number on the categories Column, i use the Categories Name not the number...

Try it and give us feedback...

Best Regards

Working but, it does not a solution for me(im uploaded and modified too much products so delete the categories now and reupload means go one product by one asigning it) in fact i remember saw the subcategories correctly, but at some point it bugged, so... im doing a little trick in order to fix it.

im editing the subcategories names , and it correct the subcategories and now can expand it correctly.

EDIT: Maybe i found something useful, when i go to edit a 3º level of subcategory before the 2nd level then i got the next error message:Screenshot_4.thumb.png.d127553a68612dbd5be8f9765e61f0d0.png

Edited by AETtec (see edit history)