Help with cache (Memcached, Redis, Opcache)

Frevab

Hello

I am looking for someone who can help me with setting up cache on my webshop (1.7.2.4 with PHP 7.1 hosted on Linux server with Apache/2.4.41)

I wanted to use redis. Up and running on server. Added PS redis-module 1.0.6 (from Valentin Zsigmond) speed was great but this caused some problems with saving changes in products. Then I was using PS 1.7.2.4 with PHP 5.6. So I thought perhaps better to upgrade PHP and also MySQL and try redis again, but same problem. But only now cannot de-install module as I cannot select other cache-system in back office. Host says memcache is installed but in php info no mention.

I want to use Opcache as this is recommended on forum. PHP info says Opcache is up and running but want to amend some settings to optimize performance (as suggested in PS forum post) but cannot find ini file. PHP info says it is “/opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/etc/php.d/10-opcache.ini" but I cannot find location. in php.ini file no mention of opcache settings.

I am a merchant with limited knowledge of server management. I am working with PS since 2012.

Who can help me or do it for me (paid help)

7 hours ago, Frevab said:

Hello

I am looking for someone who can help me with setting up cache on my webshop (1.7.2.4 with PHP 7.1 hosted on Linux server with Apache/2.4.41)

I wanted to use redis. Up and running on server. Added PS redis-module 1.0.6 (from Valentin Zsigmond) speed was great but this caused some problems with saving changes in products. Then I was using PS 1.7.2.4 with PHP 5.6. So I thought perhaps better to upgrade PHP and also MySQL and try redis again, but same problem. But only now cannot de-install module as I cannot select other cache-system in back office. Host says memcache is installed but in php info no mention.

I want to use Opcache as this is recommended on forum. PHP info says Opcache is up and running but want to amend some settings to optimize performance (as suggested in PS forum post) but cannot find ini file. PHP info says it is “/opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/etc/php.d/10-opcache.ini" but I cannot find location. in php.ini file no mention of opcache settings.

I am a merchant with limited knowledge of server management. I am working with PS since 2012.

Who can help me or do it for me (paid help)

Hello,

These problems usually occur at those time:

Maybe you use PHP 7.1 but your cache is not installed or enabled for 7.1 (configuration error). Sometimes we have 2 PHP versions (on time update, upgrade, install new version etc). or you might forget to restart Apache.

Last thing, I suggest you only have a cache system.

You should think these and check.

BTW as you know that you should know that using PHP 7.1 is recommended for your PS version. It is also faster than 5.6 (just a note).

Good work.