Spam Contacts being created and sent to mailchimp

IrishGuy

I think this is related to the following post: 

I am in the process of upgrading to try and resolve but I am currently on 1.6.1.23

I have not noticed new contacts in my prestashop account but noticed them on my mailchimp account. On further review it appears that each new valid order I receive creates a mailchimp detail with fake first name, last name and email. They are then synced to mailchimp through the API along with the revenue associated with the order, however the valid email and contact details are not synced, just the spam information. 

Does anyone know if this is the same problem associated with the fix in the post above or is it potentially something different because the contacts are essentially being created behind the scenes. When I search for the spam emails in prestashop they cannot be found (only in mailchimp). 

Screenshot shows spam email under mailchimp detail. In mailchimp the firstname is always XXXXX WAITING FOR YOU and the lastname is cutt.us/etc

I am using the official mailchimp module v2.0.4

mailchimp.png

I have now upgraded to 1.6.1.24 and I am still receiving spam emails created and send to mailchimp through the API so it looks like it is not related to the previous post. 

Has anyone got any thoughts on how this might be resolved, aside from removing the mailchimp connection?

Edited by IrishGuy
updated info (see edit history)

On 10/21/2019 at 5:33 PM, steveslamanca said:

Is there a way to block any visitors from a specific country?

Hi steveslamanca,

Yes, it is possible to block the traffic from a specific country. You can use the paid module Block Bot/User by IP, country or User Agent Module. 

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/website-security-access/29186-knowband-block-bot-user-by-ip-country-or-user-agent.html?ab=1

This module allows you to block the user based on the IP, Country or User Agent.