{SOLVED} Product showing in the wrong category's

marketyellow3

Hi,

I have encountered a problem that products are showing in the wrong category's, and i don't really have a idea how to fix this problem.

Let say we have a category structure like this:

category structure:

- Roofracks (parent category)

•  Audi
    • A1
    • A3
  • BMW
    • 1-serie
    • 2-serie

I assigned the products in the BO to the category: A1 and 1-serie so you would think it only shows the products in those category's?

But at the moment it shows the products in the parent category "Roofracks", The sub-category "Audi" and also ofcourse how i want it in the category A1 & 1-serie.

So it shows the products all the way from the Parent category to the sub-category's that are available.

I am using Prestashop 1.7.6.1 and using friendly URL module. I hope someone could help me with this

Thanks in advance!

Edited by marketyellow3 (see edit history)

On 10/9/2019 at 7:30 PM, marketyellow3 said:

Hi,

I have encountered a problem that products are showing in the wrong category's, and i don't really have a idea how to fix this problem.

Let say we have a category structure like this:

category structure:

- Roofracks (parent category)

•  Audi
    • A1
    • A3
  • BMW
    • 1-serie
    • 2-serie

I assigned the products in the BO to the category: A1 and 1-serie so you would think it only shows the products in those category's?

But at the moment it shows the products in the parent category "Roofracks", The sub-category "Audi" and also ofcourse how i want it in the category A1 & 1-serie.

So it shows the products all the way from the Parent category to the sub-category's that are available.

I am using Prestashop 1.7.6.1 and using friendly URL module. I hope someone could help me with this

Thanks in advance!

That is working fine for the PrestaShop 1.7.6.1, the version you mentioned, 
Please make sure you have not selected home (Roofracks), because it is by default selected when you going to create new product. If you unselected it then Please check after clearing cache, it should be fine, it still this happeend then please provide us back office details so we can provide you possible help 

Thanks

9 hours ago, musicmaster said:

The Block Layered Navigation has an option to include subcategories in the main category. Maybe you have that switched on.

I switched that off and it solved kinda the problem, it doesn't show the product in every other subcategorie and only in the main category. But if i go in the BO to assign a product to multiple categories it only shows on the selected main category and not on every category i wanted it to be in.

23 hours ago, marketyellow3 said:

I switched that off and it solved kinda the problem, it doesn't show the product in every other subcategorie and only in the main category. But if i go in the BO to assign a product to multiple categories it only shows on the selected main category and not on every category i wanted it to be in.

I solved this problem by just deleting (disable) the Block Layered Navigation i hope this helps someone who has the same problem.

• 4 years later...