Multiple H1 TAGS, Should I fix it?

uvip

I noticed from bing webmaster tool saying I have multiple <h1> tags on my website page, the first one is for products' names, the 2nd one is from similar products, so should I change the <h1> tag for similar products to <h2>? Please advise how should I change here.

Thanks

1 hour ago, uvip said:

I noticed from bing webmaster tool saying I have multiple <h1> tags on my website page, the first one is for products' names, the 2nd one is from similar products, so should I change the <h1> tag for similar products to <h2>? Please advise how should I change here.

Thanks

Yes, you are correct there should only be one <h1> tag on your site. For the <h2> if you think that "form similar product" is your sub-heading that you can go for it..
If you don't mind can you please share the url then i'll be able to help you more!

Thanks & Regards
Team CedCommerce

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 3:40 PM, uvip said:

I believe form similar product is not my sub-heading, so how should I edit it? What tag do you use for your form similar product?

Thanks

In <h2> we should use the next important sub-heading of the page.....according to my views "form similar product" is should not be in any header tags....
Let me just explain you about the header tags.....for SEO of any page we must have <h1> to <h5> tags
In <h1> should be the heading of the page (that would explain google what the main headimg heading of your page)
in <h2. must be the sub heading of the page say for example if you have a Product then, product's name can go in <h1> while the features of the products can be in <h2>
and in the <h3> tag you could list out the various feature one by one.

For complete knowledge you can visit this blog Link

Thanks & let me know for more