The link_rewrite field is invalid. On all category descriptions

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - Sorry about the delay in responding. But typically the link-rewrite field is

pecan-seeds

please note that there is always a space after the last word.

All of the category fields are of the same format.

When I try to delete the space in the database or on the category page, I get the following error

Property Category->link_rewrite is not valid

In checking the link-rewrite field of any product, it is the same format as above but with no space at the end, and that works fine.

Hi ya - thanks for getting back. I checked the actual category titles, and they is OK.

But

In the good old days of PS 1.4 and my naivety, I had setup PS with the US language, not knowing any different.

In checking back through my archives I found that this extra space in the link-rewrite was always there.

Along the way I found I should have been using the GB language. I then created the GB language. This then compounded the problem, by doubling the amount of faulty category link-rewrites.

For some reason PS has accepted this problem, until PS 1.7.5

I now have to go into the mysql database and delete US category link-rewrite extra space and the GB category link-rewrite extra space. Then using the PS admin /categories (GB language) I can change anything with no errors being thrown.

Not sure how the space got there in the first place.

Edited by gray
clarity (see edit history)