sachinyadav82

[FREE MODULE] Announcement and Notification Bar Module

Hello Everyone,

I have created my first module Announcement and Notification Bar Module.

This Announcement and Notification bar module adds an attracting bar to the top of your website to highlight some specific news you want to convey to your users. You can even add some links as well as set the no. of days to sow this bar.

It even displays a countdown along with text and link.  I will try to add more features later. Below is some screenshot of the module.

What does it do?

• Display a announcement banner at the top of PrestaShop
  • You can change text, coupon Code, and days to show etc.
  • You can also change the design like background and color of text etc.

I hope you will find this module useful. Any comments, ideas and requests are more than welcome!

Version History:

1.0.0 - Initial release

1.0.1 - Multilingual Added

Here is the module: ppannouncements.zip

945219532_Screenshot_2019-10-01PrestaShopPlugins.thumb.png.5b26bce3fa2cd104583fa77fec153609.png

1239683125_Screenshot_2019-10-01ModuleManagerPrestaShopPlugins(1).thumb.png.5394b205d6cd48a810fc7220a336ae07.png

383298389_Screenshot_2019-10-01ModuleManagerPrestaShopPlugins.thumb.png.896a10ebaf19c1dbb4b3b4d8f202c9f2.png

Edited by sachinyadav82
Tags Added (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

Hello!

The idea is great as simple is it! Thanks for the module...

Unfortunately something with the css because broke the site... please see attached image!

hhh.jpg

I have installed but nothng show in public page.
Is there some coding to be done so that is shows above top banner ?

2 minutes ago, Yankee Store said:

I have installed but nothng show in public page.
Is there some coding to be done so that is shows above top banner ?

You need to  set the announcement module settings form the admin back office. Just go to Modules->Modules Catalog. Search for Announcement Module. Click on configure and  set the settings like enable add announcement etc like show below 

306021623_Screenshot_2019-10-01ModuleManagerPrestaShopPlugins(1).png.5d459779830c272c680a308a50518021.thumb.png.f67087c36d94da3bf435588ff4398b63.png

Thank You for you quick response

I had done that ...  but had not change the dates format.   xxxx /xx  / xx  which changes automatically to  xxxxx-xx- xx     
until you do that   it does not show....

Thank you  . great module to have 

13 minutes ago, Yankee Store said:

Thank You for you quick response

I had done that ...  but had not change the dates format.   xxxx /xx  / xx  which changes automatically to  xxxxx-xx- xx     
until you do that   it does not show....

Thank you  . great module to have 

Great to see, This module helped you.  

3 minutes ago, Yankee Store said:

Is there a way for multiple languages ??  

I have not yet added for multiple language support. I will add it and will update the plugin tomorrow.

On 10/1/2019 at 3:36 PM, sachinyadav82 said:

Hello Everyone,

This Announcement and Notification bar module adds an attracting bar to the top of your website to highlight some specific news you want to convey to your users. You can even add some links as well as set the no. of days to sow this bar.

It even displays a countdown along with text and link.  I will try to add more features later. Below is some screenshot of the module.

What does it do?

I hope you will find this module useful. Any comments, ideas and requests are more than welcome!

945219532_Screenshot_2019-10-01PrestaShopPlugins.thumb.png.5b26bce3fa2cd104583fa77fec153609.png

1239683125_Screenshot_2019-10-01ModuleManagerPrestaShopPlugins(1).thumb.png.5394b205d6cd48a810fc7220a336ae07.png

383298389_Screenshot_2019-10-01ModuleManagerPrestaShopPlugins.thumb.png.896a10ebaf19c1dbb4b3b4d8f202c9f2.png

Hello, thanks for this simple sharing is fine. Please possible add option time cookie ?

Edited by TCHOUPI (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 6:50 PM, sachinyadav82 said:

I have not yet added for multiple language support. I will add it and will update the plugin tomorrow.

Hi,

Good module to promote sales during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I will wait for the new version with multiple language support. 

Great work..

Hello All,

Updated this module with multilingual support. Thanks for all your support. Do tell me more about how to improve this module further.

Version History:

1.0.0  -  Initial Release

1.0.1 - Multilingual Support Added.

Here is the latest file.

ppannouncements.zip

Great module to have!

It worked fine after setup the announcement, but when I closed the configuration page and open it again, the settings saved all gone. It still runs in the front, but just the configuration page went back to default blank. I use PS 1.7.3.4 classic theme.

Any help on it? Thanks

On 10/1/2019 at 3:36 PM, sachinyadav82 said:

Hello Everyone,

What does it do?

Hello, thanks for this simple sharing is fine

12 hours ago, CharlenePro said:

Great module to have!

It worked fine after setup the announcement, but when I closed the configuration page and open it again, the settings saved all gone. It still runs in the front, but just the configuration page went back to default blank. I use PS 1.7.3.4 classic theme.

Any help on it? Thanks

hi yes me too, saved settings will be disabled after refreshing the page

29 minutes ago, TCHOUPI said:

Hello, Thanks you for sharing, I have a conflict with a hook, how to put this hook hookdisplayTop1 on your php

Hello TCHOUPI,

To hook the module in hookdisplayTop1, You need to simply change two lines of code in module main file - ppannouncements.php

1. Change the Install function from 

public function install()
    {

$languages = Language::getLanguages(false);
        return parent::install() &&
            $this->registerHook('header') &&
            $this->registerHook('displayHeader');
    }

to 

{

$this->registerHook('displayHeader') &&
            $this->registerHook('displayTop1');
    }

2.  Add a new function  at the end 

public function hookDisplayTop1($params) {
	return $this->display(__FILE__, '/views/templates/hook/ppannouncment-front.tpl');
}

Also don't forget to delete or comment return $this->display(__FILE__, '/views/templates/hook/ppannouncment-front.tpl');  from the function  public function hookDisplayHeader($params). Otherwise you will have 2 announcement bar at the top.

After doing these changes Reset the module and your work will be done.  Hope this will work. As far as other problem of the module. I am working on that.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sachinyadav82 said:

Hello TCHOUPI,

To hook the module in hookdisplayTop1, You need to simply change two lines of code in module main file - ppannouncements.php

1. Change the Install function from 

{

$this->registerHook('displayHeader');
    }

to 

{

$this->registerHook('displayHeader') &&
            $this->registerHook('displayTop1');
    }

2.  Add a new function  at the end 

public function hookDisplayTop1($params) {
	return $this->display(__FILE__, '/views/templates/hook/ppannouncment-front.tpl');
}

Also don't forget to delete or comment return $this->display(__FILE__, '/views/templates/hook/ppannouncment-front.tpl');  from the function  public function hookDisplayHeader($params). Otherwise you will have 2 announcement bar at the top.

After doing these changes Reset the module and your work will be done.  Hope this will work. As far as other problem of the module. I am working on that.

Hi Thanks you it works

Thanks for the module @sachinyadav82 👏👏👏

I think what @TCHOUPI said about the option to set a cookie time would be a good improvement.
Otherwise when you close the advert and navigate to another page the advert pop up again :)

Someone can help me please? I already installed the module i paste the codes to the two lines of code in module main file - ppannouncements.php, but still not working. 

SOME HELP PLEASE

9 hours ago, Orbitaga said:

Does this work on 1.6 ?

Yes this works both in 1.6 and 1.7

1 hour ago, jcots87 said:

Someone can help me please? I already installed the module i paste the codes to the two lines of code in module main file - ppannouncements.php, but still not working. 

SOME HELP PLEASE

What problem you are facing.could you please tell me in details

It doesn't appear nothing on the top. 

Just now, jcots87 said:

It doesn't appear nothing on the top. 

did you configure the module. You need to enable the module from module settings page

When I installed the module, I did it like any other module via the admin panel. Then I went to module manager and clicked configure on it and was done.

@sachinyadav82 many thanks for your work on this module. 
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me neither and nothing show on the homepage. There's an error in the console (jQuery is not defined) which comes from the view template and the JS script at the end of it if it can help you. I tested on my PS 1.7.6.3 and also a fresh new install on 1.7.6.4

<script type="text/javascript">
        jQuery(document).ready(function() {
    var myDate = new Date();
    myDate.setDate(myDate.getDate() + 2);
    jQuery("#countdown").countdown(myDate, function (event) {
    jQuery(this).html(
    event.strftime(
    '<div class="timer-wrapper"><div class="time">%D</div><span class="text">days</span></div><div class="timer-wrapper"><div class="time">%H</div><span class="text">hrs</span></div><div class="timer-wrapper"><div class="time">%M</div><span class="text">mins</span></div><div class="timer-wrapper"><div class="time">%S</div><span class="text">sec</span></div>'
    )
    );
        });
});
</script>

Hello again. I have 1.6.1.15 and when i try to install the module it says it is not compatible with my prestashop version.

1 hour ago, Orbitaga said:

Hello again. I have 1.6.1.15 and when i try to install the module it says it is not compatible with my prestashop version.

Hi

Version 1.0.0 is ok for 1.6

ehm, where can i find version 1.0.0  ? :s

Hi again

If anyone has any idea why this module says its incompatible with my 1.6.1.15 version of presta, or where can i find a previous version of this module i would appreciate it. I could really use this module.

Thanks !!

1 hour ago, Orbitaga said:

Hi again

If anyone has any idea why this module says its incompatible with my 1.6.1.15 version of presta, or where can i find a previous version of this module i would appreciate it. I could really use this module.

Thanks !!

Hello Orbitaga,

Here is version 1.0 that is compatible with PrestaShop 1.6

ppannouncements- ver1.0.0.zip

Hope it will solve your problem.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The module is working.

Values are save in database in configuration table correct. Also the announcement it shows correct in front.

The only problem i have is on the configuration page does not load the saved values. PS 1.7.5.1

image.thumb.png.19a1d1fca6ee778a60799e328471dde7.png

Edited by sanctusmob (see edit history)

On 4/9/2020 at 3:07 PM, sachinyadav82 said:

Hello Everyone,

Here is version 1.0.2 working on PrestaShop version 1.7.6.4

ppannouncements1.0.2.zip 19.54 kB · 46 downloads

Sorry wrong attachment was uploaded. I have rectified it.

Hope t will help every one

Hello Sach,

Thank you very much for sharing this magnific module.

Only one question, it is possible to change the banner dimensions? Because I would like to use for text announment (for exemple, free delivery issue), i.e., to shorten the height of banner. Thank you.

Tom

Thank You so much for great job. Works perfectly with some small cosmetics.

I have a question.

How can I turn on an option that module works only on main page?

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2020 at 11:16 AM, sanctusmob said:

The module is working.

Values are save in database in configuration table correct. Also the announcement it shows correct in front.

The only problem i have is on the configuration page does not load the saved values. PS 1.7.5.1

image.thumb.png.19a1d1fca6ee778a60799e328471dde7.png

Hi!

I have modified the file 'ppannouncements.php' to fix the problem. 😁

ppannouncements.php

Edited by JoseGV (see edit history)