franci

Prestashop 1.7.6.1 problem, the translation of email in local language doesn't work

Hello

We have some translation problem in Prestashop 1.7.6.1 with ZOne Theme. We generate classic template slovenian emails in local SI, but because in emails were still some english words we translate them in html and txt version. But when we save them this doesn't efect on email which send the prestashop by default in Email  Theme Classic, these emails stay the same... How to solve this problem?!

kind regards

I do also have a strange problem. I can modify the email template but whatever change i make it messes up the template. Even when i just modify a small sentence.

I uploaded the screenshot hopefully someone knows a solution because i can't modify anything now.

2019-09-27 (3).png

Edited by BoyKr (see edit history)

Hello

I solve the problem but not on easy way... It seems to be a bug in Prestashop 1.7.6.1

When I translate email in classic theme - core they are in my example in this folder ..

newshop/mails/si/

emails which send the Prestashop are in this folder

newshop/themes/ZOneTheme/mails/si/

I have to translate the emails  newshop/mails/si/  and copy to newshop/themes/ZOneTheme/mails/si/

May be it will help someone ...

kind regards

Franci

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Same problem here, with different language, and different theme, but also 1.7.6.1. No solution found.
Classic theme has better translation and much less english phrases in templates, but changing theme is not a solution.

Edited by andy s2 (see edit history)

@juancho300000 Not in my case.

I've found "solution". Presta is sending emails based on templates kept in themes/THEME/mails/LANG dir, like: 

./themes/[THEME]/mails/[LANG]/[TEMPLATE].html

But preview of templates form 

index.php/improve/design/mail_theme/preview

doesn't show those templates! If you click "send message" email with template from   themes/THEME/mails/LANG will be sent, but in preview you can't see this template.

And the funny thing is, I can't choose email templates from my theme in Design=>Email Themes, but I can choose Modern or Classic and preview only those two.

I can edit theme email templates, I can't preview them, and I can't generate them. WTF?

Maybe all this is a feature... but it looks like a bug or very, very bad ux/feature design. All around translations and email is a mess in prestashop. 

Posted (edited)

Even more, when I click "Save and stay" after editing emial template for my theme, the page is reloading with "modern"  email templates, not with classic which are in use currently in my shop. I can't believe that any software could have so many bugs in production. I can't believe it!

Page is reloading with 

&theme

url param instead of

&selected-theme

Prestashop guys are doing it in purpose or what?

Edited by andy s2 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, andy s2 said:

@juancho300000 Not in my case.

I've found "solution". Presta is sending emails based on templates kept in themes/THEME/mails/LANG dir, like: 

./themes/[THEME]/mails/[LANG]/[TEMPLATE].html

But preview of templates form 

index.php/improve/design/mail_theme/preview

doesn't show those templates! If you click "send message" email with template from   themes/THEME/mails/LANG will be sent, but in preview you can't see this template.

And the funny thing is, I can't choose email templates from my theme in Design=>Email Themes, but I can choose Modern or Classic and preview only those two.

I can edit theme email templates, I can't preview them, and I can't generate them. WTF?

Maybe all this is a feature... but it looks like a bug or very, very bad ux/feature design. All around translations and email is a mess in prestashop. 

Hi Andy s2 

Yes, exactly, it is big mess, bugs...  in Prestashop ver. 1.7.6.1 and I can't also belive it. You have to have a little bit more of programs and other knowledge to help yourself.

Like you write, I also can not find where are templates which preview I can see on screen of administration panel?!!

I am now translating GDPR and also there is no change in shop, i have to find now in folders where my Slovenian GDPR is hiding?!

3 hours ago, juancho300000 said:

i have the same problem and I solved it by looking in this folder

root/mails/isoContry/*.html

Hi juancho300000

I don't have this folder /isoContry/ in mails?!

On 9/27/2019 at 9:57 PM, BoyKr said:

I do also have a strange problem. I can modify the email template but whatever change i make it messes up the template. Even when i just modify a small sentence.

I uploaded the screenshot hopefully someone knows a solution because i can't modify anything now.

2019-09-27 (3).png

Hi BoyKr

I have the same problem...  I solved this problem that I correct in my case the file  order_conf.html in this folder /themes/ZOneTheme/mails/si   but you have to find it in your theme folder....

I have to move the line <td>{products} {discounts}</td>

on this location ... after the head of order...

<th bgcolor="#fbfbfb" style="border: 1px solid #D6D4D4; background-color: #fbfbfb; color: #333; font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px; padding: 10px;" width="17%">Skupaj</th>
                                    <td>{products} {discounts}</td>
                                </tr>

Our word >Skupaj< is the same like in your language >Totaalprijs<

I hope it helps to you...

On 9/28/2019 at 12:33 PM, franci said:

Hello

I solve the problem but not on easy way... It seems to be a bug in Prestashop 1.7.6.1

When I translate email in classic theme - core they are in my example in this folder ..

newshop/mails/si/

emails which send the Prestashop are in this folder

newshop/themes/ZOneTheme/mails/si/

I have to translate the emails  newshop/mails/si/  and copy to newshop/themes/ZOneTheme/mails/si/

May be it will help someone ...

kind regards

Franci

Thank you!!!

Been trying to figure this one out by myself.

In the BO translation-part - It seems like PS shows you one file, you edit another, and finally sends a third as email.

Kind regards

Hasse Ling