Prestashop 1.7.6.1 problem, the translation of email in local language doesn't work

franci

Hello

We have some translation problem in Prestashop 1.7.6.1 with ZOne Theme. We generate classic template slovenian emails in local SI, but because in emails were still some english words we translate them in html and txt version. But when we save them this doesn't efect on email which send the prestashop by default in Email  Theme Classic, these emails stay the same... How to solve this problem?!

kind regards

I do also have a strange problem. I can modify the email template but whatever change i make it messes up the template. Even when i just modify a small sentence.

I uploaded the screenshot hopefully someone knows a solution because i can't modify anything now.

2019-09-27 (3).png

Edited by BoyKr (see edit history)

Hello

I solve the problem but not on easy way... It seems to be a bug in Prestashop 1.7.6.1

When I translate email in classic theme - core they are in my example in this folder ..

newshop/mails/si/

emails which send the Prestashop are in this folder

newshop/themes/ZOneTheme/mails/si/

I have to translate the emails  newshop/mails/si/  and copy to newshop/themes/ZOneTheme/mails/si/

May be it will help someone ...

kind regards

Franci

• Like 5

@juancho300000 Not in my case.

I've found "solution". Presta is sending emails based on templates kept in themes/THEME/mails/LANG dir, like: 

./themes/[THEME]/mails/[LANG]/[TEMPLATE].html

But preview of templates form 

index.php/improve/design/mail_theme/preview

doesn't show those templates! If you click "send message" email with template from   themes/THEME/mails/LANG will be sent, but in preview you can't see this template.

And the funny thing is, I can't choose email templates from my theme in Design=>Email Themes, but I can choose Modern or Classic and preview only those two.

I can edit theme email templates, I can't preview them, and I can't generate them. WTF?

Maybe all this is a feature... but it looks like a bug or very, very bad ux/feature design. All around translations and email is a mess in prestashop. 

• Thanks 1

Even more, when I click "Save and stay" after editing emial template for my theme, the page is reloading with "modern"  email templates, not with classic which are in use currently in my shop. I can't believe that any software could have so many bugs in production. I can't believe it!

Page is reloading with 

&theme

url param instead of

&selected-theme

Prestashop guys are doing it in purpose or what?

Edited by andy s2 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, andy s2 said:

@juancho300000 Not in my case.

I've found "solution". Presta is sending emails based on templates kept in themes/THEME/mails/LANG dir, like: 

./themes/[THEME]/mails/[LANG]/[TEMPLATE].html

But preview of templates form 

index.php/improve/design/mail_theme/preview

doesn't show those templates! If you click "send message" email with template from   themes/THEME/mails/LANG will be sent, but in preview you can't see this template.

And the funny thing is, I can't choose email templates from my theme in Design=>Email Themes, but I can choose Modern or Classic and preview only those two.

I can edit theme email templates, I can't preview them, and I can't generate them. WTF?

Maybe all this is a feature... but it looks like a bug or very, very bad ux/feature design. All around translations and email is a mess in prestashop. 

Hi Andy s2 

Yes, exactly, it is big mess, bugs...  in Prestashop ver. 1.7.6.1 and I can't also belive it. You have to have a little bit more of programs and other knowledge to help yourself.

Like you write, I also can not find where are templates which preview I can see on screen of administration panel?!!

I am now translating GDPR and also there is no change in shop, i have to find now in folders where my Slovenian GDPR is hiding?!

On 9/27/2019 at 9:57 PM, BoyKr said:

I do also have a strange problem. I can modify the email template but whatever change i make it messes up the template. Even when i just modify a small sentence.

I uploaded the screenshot hopefully someone knows a solution because i can't modify anything now.

2019-09-27 (3).png

Hi BoyKr

I have the same problem...  I solved this problem that I correct in my case the file  order_conf.html in this folder /themes/ZOneTheme/mails/si   but you have to find it in your theme folder....

I have to move the line <td>{products} {discounts}</td>

on this location ... after the head of order...

<th bgcolor="#fbfbfb" style="border: 1px solid #D6D4D4; background-color: #fbfbfb; color: #333; font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px; padding: 10px;" width="17%">Skupaj</th>
                                    <td>{products} {discounts}</td>
                                </tr>

Our word >Skupaj< is the same like in your language >Totaalprijs<

I hope it helps to you...

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 12:33 PM, franci said:

Hello

I solve the problem but not on easy way... It seems to be a bug in Prestashop 1.7.6.1

When I translate email in classic theme - core they are in my example in this folder ..

newshop/mails/si/

emails which send the Prestashop are in this folder

newshop/themes/ZOneTheme/mails/si/

I have to translate the emails  newshop/mails/si/  and copy to newshop/themes/ZOneTheme/mails/si/

May be it will help someone ...

kind regards

Franci

Thank you!!!

Been trying to figure this one out by myself.

In the BO translation-part - It seems like PS shows you one file, you edit another, and finally sends a third as email.

Kind regards

Hasse Ling

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 3:07 PM, franci said:

Hi BoyKr

I have the same problem...  I solved this problem that I correct in my case the file  order_conf.html in this folder /themes/ZOneTheme/mails/si   but you have to find it in your theme folder....

<th bgcolor="#fbfbfb" style="border: 1px solid #D6D4D4; background-color: #fbfbfb; color: #333; font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px; padding: 10px;" width="17%">Skupaj</th>
                                </tr>

Is helping me. I use FTP to download html template    teheme /public_html/themes/mytheme/mails/si  (order_conf.html)

Then I use the html program to modify, save and send it back ... it works ... but a long way

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, juancho300000 ... before new version of Prestashop I want to transfer old prestashop to woocommerce, i done the transer and test the woocomerce but it is runnning so slow and response  - load of pages was really not good ... because of that I decided for new version of Prestashop to have more trouble :-) but is running fast....

On 1/21/2020 at 12:32 PM, Digital360Europe said:

I have the same problem. On Prestashop 1.7.6.2, the translation of emails in local language (greek) doesn't work even if I am changing the txt file.

Has anyone find a solution less painfull than re-translate all these nested texts on html?

Hi, probably you have to find where are your txt - html files which you translated,  and you have to copy to the right folder....?!!  probably theme folder of mails... like I do,,,...  !!? Yes I know we  are in 2020, but such stupidities still happen 😞 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, juancho300000 said:

hi, What plugin have you used for that? I used one called FG PrestaShop to WooCommerce (paid) because i have variations, but not running slow

Yes, I also have used FG PrestaShop to WooCommerce and the plugin is worked perfectly... but woocomerce on our webpage was working slowly and because of that i decided to go back to Presta... that my experiences, may be yours are better... :-)

• 2 weeks later...

E-mails
It's been a while since I 'solved' this issue, but I think it was 3 seperate locations of the files.
I did see one version on the screen
Edited the screen version, in browser, and that was saved as another version (did make any effects on the screen version)
Finally - Prestashop sent a third version to cusomers

Easiest way to handle his, was for me:
Download entire site to local hdd, and use somekind of search, preferably one that find the words you looking for (inside the text files)

Have fun! I didn't have a lot of fun with this issue 😨

I am getting English mails but my shop is put into Polish...

I do have a folder /myshop/mails/pl

I don't have a mails folder under /myshop/themes/classic/

Should I copy it?

I am using 1.7.6.0

NEWS: My solution was easy.  The myshop/mails/pl folder did not contain the Polish files but English ones.
I copied the folder from an older version of PS on the server and now I can see the Polish texts in the admin editor.

Edited by Bob van der Valk (see edit history)

Here is the path to one of my e-mail-texts "cheque.txt"

/public_html/mails/sv/cheque.txt
/public_html/mails/en/cheque.txt
/public_html/themes/classic/mails/sv/cheque.txt

Remember to have a backup-file or the file. I have stopped using PS internal editor, but it can be tricky to NOT mess up the HTML sometimes.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/4/2019 at 6:07 AM, franci said:

Hi BoyKr

</tr>

THIS WORKS! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!! I spent more than 10 hours trying to figure out how to edit the order confirmation email template and not have the formatting be messed up. Soooo frustrating!! Thanks a lot. Works perfectly :):):):):):):):):):)

Edited by bfreeman (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

I've found solution in Prestashop 1.7.8.4 

for send email in another language except English, must generate template in that language

template for your theme is in public_html/themes/[YOUR THEME]/mails/[YOUR LANGUAGE]

template for core mails is in public_html/mails/[YOUR LANGUAGE]

for generate template go to Design->Email Theme-> Generate emails . and select your theme of Emails and language and check "Overwrite templates" option

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 11:49 PM, Inkkari said:

Hello,

Do you know how can i translate "No mail alerts  yet."? Please look at the image.

I use Prestashop 1.7.6.3

No mail alerts yet.jpg

Did you find this? It's located in module translations -> International (FIN= kansainvälinen) Translations (FIN= Käännökset) and module translations (FIN= asennetut modulikäännökset) -> Mail alerts