How to disallow refreshing of order-confirmation page?

sampsonzak

I am using advanced e-commerce tracking with Google Analytics, but unfortunately when people refresh the order-confirmation page, it duplicates their orders in my analytics (so they're all wrong), sometimes the transaction being refreshed 3 times or so, completely messing up the analytics in my reports.

Has anyone fixed or know of how to disable this? To not show the order-confirmation page more than once? To disable it ?

Would really appreciate any help on this! Thank you !

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 8:58 AM, selectshop.at said:

As this is not a native Prestashop module you should contact the developer. Prestashop forum is only for problems with Prestashop native software. Third party development are not supported here if the developer is not itself active here.

I don't get it. The confirmation page is not a plugin, and now it can be accessed multiple times. We just ask how to block access to the confirmation page only once per person.

Google Analytics module is not a Prestashop module. If you are talking about bots, then it is a problem of the bot script Google is using. When USER referesh the page, so the cart will not duplicate, it will stay till the cookie session is terminated. Prestashop cart is driven by cookie sessions. You can try by yourself and see what happens. The problem you are having is not a problem of Prestashop, but a Google analytics bot one.