Choose multiple carriers for products in the same order

qnev

the best module for my current need would be module that can add cost of diffrent carriers that are connected to diffrent product and also client can choose carrier (that is asign for specific product) that best suit his needs

for example

Product 1 is connected to 
carrier 1 (inside Warsaw) = cost 50$
Carrier 2 (outside of Warsaw) = cost 80$

Product 2 is connected to
carrier 3 = cost 20$
Pick up in store = cost 0$

when order will be placed and client will add product 1 and product 2 to the cart
he can choose for product 1 - carrier 1 or 2

and for product 2 - carrier 3 or Pick up in store

all combinations should be available and after all it would add all cost together

i found something that is close, but here we can choose multiple carriers for multiple addresses  there:

https://www.prestatoolbox.com/shipping-logistics/171-multiple-delivery.html

here is something that looks like it but i dont know for sure, and it is not supported any more:

https://www.prestatoolbox.com/shipping-logistics/59-multiple-carriers.html

thanks for any help

ps. i have tested how carriers in default prestashop works

when we have one product in cart with multiple carriers its good couse client can choose which one he want, thats not the problem

but when are two products with diffrent carriers assign to them its ridiculous becouse prestashop is choosing the best carrier for client within all carriers available, so presta choose the carrier that cost less, it is just stupid in my opinion

Edited by qnev
wtf? (see edit history)

unfortunetly i didn't find solution and i have spent almost two days for searching

there is a lot of modules but almost everyone is adding localization feature to apply/increase cost of carrier, but of course thats not the issue here

i have one idee for workaround but i must test it and in the end it needs to do some coding - and i do not know how much time will be needed to handle it

(i want to check what products are added in cart, and based on that information allow/dissalow to add other products that have specific carrier cost and thus must be order separately)

in general, there is a very big problem with carierrs

when u can't unify your diffrent carierrs into one method for example by increasing cost of it, u are in big trouble

@qnev Thank you for your quick reply.

For your record, there are some bugs defined in github regarding this issue (to watch😞

I understand your workaround, and in my humble opinion; I think we have to avoid to force the customer to make 2 diffrent orders.

In my my opinion, the best way to fix it, is to have moething that looks like this (see picture):

livraison-multiple-prestashop.jpg.9cca49841564f7204168360ad793e67a.jpg

@joe16

thanks for the links

can you explain what u meant in the second part of your post, in: "In my my opinion, the best way to fix it, is to have moething that looks like this (see picture):"

and i do not know what this picture is suggesting

i see that there is two carrier methods and customer choose one that is free of charge? i can not see how does it helps me

Edited by qnev (see edit history)

On 9/26/2019 at 11:21 AM, qnev said:

for example

Product 1 is connected to 
carrier 1 (inside Warsaw) = cost 50$
Carrier 2 (outside of Warsaw) = cost 80$

Product 2 is connected to
carrier 3 = cost 20$
Pick up in store = cost 0$

when order will be placed and client will add product 1 and product 2 to the cart
he can choose for product 1 - carrier 1 or 2

and for product 2 - carrier 3 or Pick up in store

all combinations should be available and after all it would add all cost together

@qnev this photo matches you example:

product 1 and product 2 can be delievered with carrier one an carrier 2 => so they are displayed and the user can choose among both carriers 1 and 2

product 3 is only deliverable wi carrier 3 => so it is displayed with only this this carrier 3

oww, ok, so this shop have managed to resolve this problem, but they have money to do whatever they need, and i wounder if they using prestashop ;) (i don't think so)

i will do what i must, and maybe they will fix the issue mentioned in githubs links

for few years i'm making shops on prestashop, and now when i need to make carriers cost only a little bit more complicated i'm shocked that it can't be done in default shop possibilities, and i can't even do this with modules - i have spent almost two days on searching

i cannot do this in prestashop 1.6.17:

Product 1:

1. carrier a - 50 $

2. pick up in store - free

Product 2

1. carrier b - 80$

2. pick up in store - free

so when in cart are product 1 and 2: i can only choose "pick up in store", when i'm turning of "pick up in store" carrier system correctly adding two cost of carrier "a" and "b" (and displaying them in choosing carriers step), but what about letting my client to choose if he want to pick up products by himself? hmm?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i need to do one carrier that cost 65 $ for this to work, it's unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@vekia

sry, but maybe you can help?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Sadly at the moment it's the only solution out there, and noone else even answering. Sadly at the moment, it's the only solution out there, and no one else even answering.
I would be happy with another solution that is cheaper or based on one module but there is none.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...