marco2308

Missing actionAuthenticationBefore hook PS 1.7.6.0

Hello!

I just installed Prestashop 1.7.6.0 (localhost installation), just an empty brand new installation of Prestashop, with no modules or 3d part themes installed,

I wrote my own module to override Prestashop login.

my module simply declare an hook on its own install function:

$this->registerHook('actionAuthenticationBefore') 

and manage my own code through the function hookActionAuthenticationBefore() in my module.

the hook 'actionAuthenticationBefore' is listed in official PS documentation https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/modules/concepts/hooks/list-of-hooks/

and it is executed in CustomerLoginForm class (in submit() function)

the problem is that when the hook is executed (Hook::exec('actionAuthenticationBefore')) return false because there is no record with name 'actionAuthenticationBefore' in ps_hook table in db.

Is this a bug ? I can't figured out why this hook should not be in that table, it should be officially part of prestashop hooks and there is an alias declared in hook_alias table.

Can anyone help me to report this bug?

Edited by marco2308 (see edit history)

On 9/24/2019 at 12:54 PM, marco2308 said:

Hello!

I just installed Prestashop 1.7.6.0 (localhost installation), just an empty brand new installation of Prestashop, with no modules or 3d part themes installed,

I wrote my own module to override Prestashop login.

my module simply declare an hook on its own install function:

$this->registerHook('actionAuthenticationBefore') 

and manage my own code through the function hookActionAuthenticationBefore() in my module.

the hook 'actionAuthenticationBefore' is listed in official PS documentation https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/modules/concepts/hooks/list-of-hooks/

and it is executed in CustomerLoginForm class (in submit() function)

the problem is that when the hook is executed (Hook::exec('actionAuthenticationBefore')) return false because there is no record with name 'actionAuthenticationBefore' in ps_hook table in db.

Is this a bug ? I can't figured out why this hook should not be in that table, it should be officially part of prestashop hooks and there is an alias declared in hook_alias table.

Can anyone help me to report this bug?

Hi, I have encountered the same problem. Looking at the hook table the name seems to be actionbeforeauthentication. I hope it helps!