PrestaShop 1.7 + Internet Explorer

sampsonzak

Hi, for a long time I have had multiple people report that they can't add items to their cart - I assumed this was due to pop-up blockers or adblockers, but now I've realised that it's the notorious Internet Explorer, which a LARGE portion of my target audience use (Elderly, non-technical, default browser for many).

I've tried using Internet Explorer 11, no ad-blocker enabled, javascript enabled - and it's right. Add to cart does absolutely nothing - takes me to the top of the page.

If I try and click add to cart on the product page, it takes me to my cart page, but it's completely empty.

I have Googled this and it looks like it's a common problem. I really need this fixed ASAP or else I will be looking to leave PrestaShop and migrate to Magento/WooCommerce. I cannot have my target audience being unable to add items to my cart. I am surprised I am still in business after the amount I have spent on marketing (who knows how many lost sales!!)

Is anyone able to help? Has anyone fixed this before?

Thank you!!

I have since found the problem. I was using one of the early versions of Prestashop's Facebook Pixel plugin, which messed with the javascript of the ATC button in Internet Explorer.. To update the module it cost me 50GBP even though the last time I downloaded it was free... jesus.

Have had this issue for ages and assumed it was my customers having ad block / pop-up blocker.. I'm glad I've fixed it but to charge £50 for a FB Pixel integration is so steep..