Inserting script into CMS pages

I am trying to insert a simple javascript based counter onto a single CMS page.

This is the script code:

<div data-type="countdown" data-id="1441323" class="tickcounter" style="width: 100%; position: relative; padding-bottom: 25%"><a href="//www.tickcounter.com/countdown/1441323/my-countdown" title="My countdown">My countdown</a><a href="//www.tickcounter.com/" title="Countdown">Countdown</a></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, pjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//www.tickcounter.com/static/js/loader.js"; pjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, pjs); }(document, "script", "tickcounter-sdk"));</script>

And if you need an idea of what the counter looks like: https://www.tickcounter.com/

However, when trying to save the CMS page, the editor wipes out the code section entirely.

Is there a way to make this work? Some kind of workaround?

There is not, not from the back office. What people usually do it add it directly to cms.tpl, using a condition like

{if $cms->id == whateverID}
// your code
{/if}

That way it won't be added to all cms pages, but just the one with that specific id

If you need it inside, you could try with a string replace on the cms "content". To be honest, I am not sure it's gonna work. What does the script look like? If it targets a div you can just remove it from the snippet and add the div only inside the cms page

Here is the code snippet that's inserted into CMS.tpl:

{if $cms->id == 13}
	<div data-type="countup" data-id="130101" class="tickcounter" style="width: 650px; height: 162px; margin: 0 auto"><a href="//www.tickcounter.com/countup/130101/number-of-days-without-a-cyma-piston-failure" title="Number of days without a CYMA piston failure">Number of days without a CYMA piston failure</a><a href="//www.tickcounter.com/countup" title="Countup">Countup</a></div>
	<script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, pjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//www.tickcounter.com/static/js/loader.js"; pjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, pjs); }(document, "script", "tickcounter-sdk"));		</script>        
{/if}

This does work, but it inserts the counter to the very top of the CMS page without me inputting any code into the CMS HTML editor.

I tried using just this section of the code inserted into the CMS HTML editor under the desired section:

<div data-type="countup" data-id="130101" class="tickcounter" style="width: 650px; height: 162px; margin: 0 auto"><a href="//www.tickcounter.com/countup/130101/number-of-days-without-a-cyma-piston-failure" title="Number of days without a CYMA piston failure">Number of days without a CYMA piston failure</a><a href="//www.tickcounter.com/countup" title="Countup">Countup</a></div>

But it appears to break the script...

I also tried using just this:

<div data-type="countup" data-id="130101" class="tickcounter" style="width: 650px; height: 162px; margin: 0 auto">

But this flags an error where the site supplying the code requires that I leave their web address inserted.

I suspect what I really need is just a simple bit of javascript code or a module that does the same function as this counter, but hosted on my server. 

I'd also like it to have a second function of showing how many units are in service. I just thought it would be cool to have a section on this page that covers how durable this particular part has been based on number of units in service and tracked data. This is the counter if you need an idea of how it looks / works: https://www.tickcounter.com/countup/130101/number-of-days-without-a-cyma-piston-failure

I've just done a simple try, just to test if your code works, and it doesn't for me but, I changed to this one and "voilà".... {if $cms.id == 13} HOLA {/if}    ---->(change 13 for your CMS page ID).

Now I need to print out a list of all thumbnails of subcategories from a category.
Any help in this will be appreciated.

PS version 1.7.5.1

Thanks.